[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Glock General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 1446262060050.jpg (242 KB, 1530x885) Image search: [Google]
1446262060050.jpg
242 KB, 1530x885
>get sights installed professionally on new Glock
>shoots significantly off to the left

Local gunshop is suggesting tapping the rear sight with a brass punch but they have a rep for being screwups. Is that the right move or do I need to find someone with that Glock rear sight adjustment tool?
>>
>>30038871
what do you think about sighting in the pistol all by yourself?
>>
>>30038894
I had a friend shoot it as well and at 10 yards both of us were 3-4 inches left of target, so it's not just me fucking it up.
>>
>>30038871
Using a a punch is fine, I'd recommend a nylon punch over brass especially if you are going to be buying one anyway. If you already have a brass punch, just use it. The rear sight tools are really only helpful with sights that don't have a square profile.
>>
>>30038926
(*_*)
What do you think about adjusting the sights all by yourself?
>>
>>30038929
>>30038947
They actually offered to tap it for free, and I figure it would be hard to screw that up; I just wanted to get a second opinion about their suggested fix.

Much appreciated.
>>
>>30038871
>>30038926
Guessing it was shooting straight previously with the stock sights? Try it in a vice or brace on a bench while shooting to make sure the human element isn't a factor.
>>
>>30039025
Couldn't say, I had them install the new sights immediately when I picked it up.
>>
>>30038871

they make sight pushers. it's a fairly worthy investment.
>>
>>30038871

If they are tritium night sights, then you DO NOT want to use a brass punch, as this can damage the tritium lamps. Ask me how I know. I've done it myself!
>>
Plastic frame under the barrel may have warped when they installed the sight.
>>
>>30038871
Is this just a thing with glocks? Because I swear to god my glock shoots left.
>>
>>30038984
Christ, it's just drifting a piece of metal/plastic in a dove tail. Guns aren't magic, just metal and polymer. You don't need a special tool or any shit, just a non-marring punch. Course a tad bit of precaution/time should be taken if they're tritium or something along those lines.
>>
>>30039681
>>30039604
It IS a tritium rear sight (specifically, the rear of an XS Big Dot 24/7). What do I use instead of a brass punch?
>>
>>30039761
Gotta use a sight tool on tritium or risk breaking the vials
>>
>>30039775
Thanks, glad I didn't walk in tomorrow asking them to tap it and ruin my sights.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (121 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
121 KB, 1920x1080
>>30039761
>pic related
>shoots 4 inches to the left

OP are you sure it's just not your shitty taste in useless rear sights?

XS says to use a delrin punch.
>>
>>30039793
>OP are you sure it's just not your shitty taste in useless rear sights?
You do realize that Col Cooper used XS Big Dots on the Colt Commander that was his daily carry for the last 15 years of his life, right? I'm nowhere near his level but I'm certain it wasn't poor shooting causing all the shots to hit left.

Thanks for finding the delrin punch advice, I'd missed that when I looked at their site.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.