[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm planning to join the military when I get out of high
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 16
I'm planning to join the military when I get out of high school.

Should I join the Marines or the Army?
>>
>>30033437
just gtfo
>>
>>30033465
why ?

I'm asking a genuine question.
>>
>>30033437
Join the Airforce and get a job you can do something with when the military is done with you
>>
>>30033437
Join the Army then. They all want you to, and as a former Marine we don't want you.

Gotta ask? Army.

Also where the fuck is /meg/? If we've ever needed it it's during summer.
>>
>>30033437
Why do Marines insist on sperging out the second the Army is mentioned?
>>
Come to monterey. Join the airforce as a 1A8 or 1N3. Learn what real stress is, unless you get some easy arabic language.
>>
>>30033733

GOTTA MOTTO DEVILDOG
>>
>>30033747
>DLI
sucks to suck

Airborne or nah?
>>
>>30033437
Pretty sure the army has more special training like Rangers, green berets, delta etc so they btfo out of your average marine. Marines get armies hand me downs too.
>>
>>30033747
Middlebury Institute?! That place was on my list of possible places to go for upper grad. Was checking out their Middle East Conflict Resolution degree and probably learn either Arabic or Farsi.
>>
>>30033788
No we don't. My gear was fresh. That's a meme. You're moms butthole is hand me downs.
>>
>>30033813
Great comeback devildog.
>>
>>30033826
I'm here to meet or slightly exceed expectations.
>>
>>30033437

If you care about bettering yourself as a human, Marines.

If you're looking to make life easier for yourself by enlisting, Army or Navy. Easy shit, same benefits.
>>
>>30033710
THIS
In all fairness ask what you want the military to do for your career goals and choose the branch to best facilitate that for you.
>>
depends on what you want to do

mechanical or cyber? USAF or maybe Navy

coolguy shit that doesnt matter after mil? Army or Marines

weather? Navy or USAF

cushy ass job where you dont do much and get the same benefits? USCG

sill mad jelly of my coastie bro, and im cyber in USAF

also the internet is an awful place to go for .mil advice because of how many non mil will try and give you advice
>>
Neither, go to college or trade school instead.
>>
>>30033954
I know who you are trip. Because you trip.

Why shouldn't he do easy service and use his GI Bill?
>>
>>30033437
What sort of MOS do you want? What do you want to do when you get out of the military? We need more information to make a recommendation.
>>
>>30033855
literally the opposite of this

marines are all complete human filth
>>
>>30033996
Was about to say this. OP might not be able to afford college, or he just doesn't want to ruin himself with debt.
>>
>>30033710
>learn to sit at a desk all day and get by with minimal productivity

Sounds about right
>>
>>30034019
Human filth here.

Want a man hug?
>>
>>30034045
That dog is fuckin adorable
>>
>>30034024
That's the name of the game
>>
>>30033996
He'll be better set if he is 21 and has 4 years work experience or a college degree (or whatever trade license he might want) than by being 21 and having 4 years of military service as the only thing on his resume.

You really need to sit down and think about WHY you want to join. Because there are good reasons and intangible benefits to doing so. But most people would be better off doing something else.
>>
>>30033437
ignore literally every meme you see on the internet about either side, both are great fighting forces and both are great people. Join what branch you side with more, If you want to be a paratrooper join the army, if you want to do beach head landings join the marines. Do what you want to do and talk to a local recruiter about both branches. Talk to vets on both sides and what their experiences were and get the fuck off of 4chan
>>
>>30034071
>Most people would be better off doing something else

I agree. In my estimation I bet only 1/4 people in /meg/ actually follow thru. If that.

But free college plus job skills can be cool if you don't be like me and join the Infantry like I did. It was a different time..

0 regrets I graduate next semester. Free (well I paid for it, in my own way).
>>
>>30033437
Join the coast guard, or the air force, or a branch that doesnt SUCK.
>>
Join a security contractor agency and make 5x as much.

Or you could join the U.S military and make wages barely above poverty.
>>
>>30034155
This
>>
File: military-welfare1.jpg (93 KB, 553x700) Image search: [Google]
military-welfare1.jpg
93 KB, 553x700
>>
>>30034071
>>30034158
been in USAF for nearly a year, and nearly have my associates in ComSci right now. Mooching off GI bill post enlistment and then having 4 years work experience and at least a BA should be alright

all depends on how you play your cards but maybe OP doesnt give a shit and just wants to do something different
>>
>>30034214
Hehe, this is some good bait.
>>
File: army and marine debate on k.webm (3 MB, 960x404) Image search: [Google]
army and marine debate on k.webm
3 MB, 960x404
>>30033437
>>
>>30034599
That "What the fuck?" Hedy gives after the pie lands always gets me.
>>
>>30034651
IT'S HEDLEY!
>>
File: 1448965529851.jpg (371 KB, 917x845) Image search: [Google]
1448965529851.jpg
371 KB, 917x845
Which branch would I get more "action" out of?

Do we even see action anymore?

i.e. shooting my weapon into the distance as the chair force accidently fires on our position

I wanna shoot things a lot and get shot at a lot

Also, how do I get set up in the navy where I get to travel to korea and nipland to have sex with the locals with glorious US petrol dollar
>>
>>30033437
Whatever you do, make sure you go infantry for the real experience. Don't let these fucking pogs tell you anything different
>>
>>30034763
>I wanna shoot things a lot and get shot at a lot

Well, becoming Peacetime Infantry will make you want to shoot yourself and everyone around you.

Does that count?

Also, for the Navy question, hope you get sent to the Seventh Fleet which handles the Pacific.
>>
>>30034763
It's luck of the draw for the most part. The Marine Corps was anyway and I got a shitty hand.
>>
>>30034155

I literally have no vets to talk to.

The only vet I have is my mother's brother, who was in the navy.

>>30033713

> we don't want you

uhh.. sure.

>>30034071
Already have a trade for criminal justice.

When if i don't die, ill probably live my life out as a cop, and hopefully ill be able to maybe get into a Swat team if I'm good enough.
>>
>>30036033
You are a fucking meme itself
>>
>>30033677
Ok, tits then
>>
>>30034019
>marines are all complete human filth
Agreed. I tried for Marines but scored too high on the ASVAB
>>
File: 1462161695840.jpg (7 KB, 259x195) Image search: [Google]
1462161695840.jpg
7 KB, 259x195
>>30036033
>this tubby nerd thinks he's going to be some sort of special forces

go back to playing wow, faggot
>>
>>30037489
You confused filth with actual love because when I took the test the recruiter skipped me like he knew something.
>>
>>30037508
>tfw someone posts something that almost no one else knows...

damn my feels...
that show was the tits
>>
>>30033437
Marines don't do shit, except during wartime where they act as Army Reserves.
>>
File: Insallah.jpg (79 KB, 640x425) Image search: [Google]
Insallah.jpg
79 KB, 640x425
>>30033437
I still think the muhreens are better than the army and shit, but this kind of publicity makes me cringe

I want to be a marine too, kinda hard since i am not even in the US, but if trump wins i am 70% sure getting to become a legal citizen and a greencard will be easier, ergo getting an easier entry into the military, either that or he will make some kind of legionarie force like france.

I am gonna tell you what everyone i've asked told me:

Its peace time. Chances of being deployed are minimal. You are wasting time. The amount of brigades in the field are just a few and counting down, and Syria's situation is not important enough like to deploy anything other than special forces yet.

I dont know if its true, but i've been told this several times. So if by the time i get to the US i need to either join the force or drop it when i am close to 29 (limit age for the USMC) and try to find a job in another military vocation that i want to get into, the USNAF (i like carriers)
>>
>>30034190
Contractor's won't hire you without military or specialized law enforcement experience, you fucking retard.
>>
>>30033788
Pretty sure your average Marine is better than your average Army guy
>>
>>30038401
Shhhh. They don't like the truth.
>>
File: gomer.jpg (51 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
gomer.jpg
51 KB, 500x500
>>30033437

>Do you have an IQ below 80 and want to feel an unfounded sense of superiority about being the mindless cannon fodder sent in to soften things up for the other branches?

Marines.

>Do you have an IQ above 80?

Then you wouldn't have asked if you should be a jarhead.
>>
>>30033437
>200 rounds at 5 enemy behind cover.
200 rounds isn't hard to get through on a machine gun especially at 5 enemy
>>
>>30033437
I'll give you an idea and perspective on what im doing that may give you some insight. First of all, FUCK what all these fake ass dorito eating operators are saying, they know about as much as you shit.

My dad was special forces for the Army and was almost in Delta Force. The army told him that he would be stationed in Italy and see the world and get to travel. What actually happened is he got stationed in fort Bragg and told he would live in fort Bragg, and die in fort Bragg, and that he would work his ass off every day in fort Bragg,

I am going into the navy and signing for two years, for my first 2 years im going to take advantage of their education programs, courses and also their warrior course that will get you to competitive physical standards for SEALs and then when my 2 years is up i am going to request SEALs from the retention officers that want you to stay in the navy.

Personally, for me, afterwards i am going to get a degree in business and try and start a PMC, but that is years ahead and is not fully fleshed out.

For you, if you want combat, which i do too, honestly, you should probably consider special forces, but more than likely you will have to "go through the pipeline" before you can actually do it, and i am by no means discouraging you from doing something like that, as i am doing it too, i am just explaining my pathway that i am choosing.

INB4 "hurr seals ur a meme, ull never do it!!! L O L"
>Ur such a meme

Fuck off fake operators and go waste some money on a retarded niche gun that only you would use for some shitty imagined innawoods scenario.
>>
File: 1462674242768.jpg (549 KB, 1280x1726) Image search: [Google]
1462674242768.jpg
549 KB, 1280x1726
>>30033713
Weighing his options and making an informed decision. You're right the marines don't want his type.
>>
join the air force. Marine Corps is a waste of time unless you want to be an alcoholic douchebag
>>
>>30038754
Agreed. We do not want him. Have him.

Who's the Dame?
>>
>>30038754
>>30038761
>>30038768

Shit it's true I'm drunk.

Didn't read. I always just look at Tay Tays sexy legs.
>>
>>30038730
K E K
E
K
>>
Go army join infantry and hopefully you get into one of these: 101st, 82nd, 173rd. All of which will btfo of any marine unit. Ne Desit Virtus!
>>
File: 1257058796090.jpg (119 KB, 420x398) Image search: [Google]
1257058796090.jpg
119 KB, 420x398
>>30033437
>>
>>30038788
>gets some paratrooper training
>w-will btfo the marines!

Cuck
>>
>>30038788
>173rd.
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itmpL2XJ6qM

Truthfully, I feel bad for those idiots who got fired, because the dudes in filming this are probably high command doing a leader's recon.
>>
Enough of this troll thread. Shit should be saged and forgotten.
>>
>>30033437
Depends on what you want.

Do you want to constantly tell people about how cool you think you are? There's a spot for you in the marines.

Do you want to work a desk job you hate until you eventually die of sepsis in horrible prank gone wrong? Army it is, my friend!

Do you just HATE how tight your butthole is? Ahhh, then you're a navy bro!

Perhaps you're mainly interested in using the uniform to snag some ass? Then join the Air Force, anon! Sure, you don't ever actually do anything, and the other branches laugh at you constantly, but civvie women don't need to know that, right buddy?

Do you like yachts and memes? Get in the fucking coast guard right God damn now.
>>
>>30038848
>Do you just HATE how tight your butthole is? Ahhh, then you're a navy bro!

I clearly joined the correct branch
>>
File: threecuckswhodiedforisrael.jpg (91 KB, 780x530) Image search: [Google]
threecuckswhodiedforisrael.jpg
91 KB, 780x530
>>30033437
No difference, you end up in the same place.
>>
File: 1453051705144.png (40 KB, 627x555) Image search: [Google]
1453051705144.png
40 KB, 627x555
>>30038848
I love the urgency in that last line im laughing so hard
>>
>>30039586
>look mom, I'm edgy!
>>
>>30039716
>look mom I'm gonna get paid minimum wage to fight for Israel
top kek
>>
>>30038820
Literally not an argument. You just went full retard. Never go full retard.
>>
File: 1460327776568.gif (993 KB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1460327776568.gif
993 KB, 200x150
>>30033747
My father was in the airforce and we lived in Monterey, seeing my hometown on 4chan after many years is wierd.
>>
>joining during peacetime

Enjoy funding shortages, retarded social experiments, and never doing anything that actually matters.

Well I mean, nothing I ever did in war actually mattered either aside from making a bunch of military industrial companies money, but during peace time you cant even claim the distinction of serving in combat/supporting those who are in combat.

You will just clean stuff, stack boxes, and on ocaision be given guns (without ammo) so you can go to some mout town and make gun noises with your mouth at pretend badguys because battalion doesnt have money for actual ammo, or blanks, or role players, or even targets.

Not even making this up. As soon as the war ended all of our live fire exercises became "notional" fire exercises. Aka, pointing an empty rifle at an empty room and making bang bang noises with your mouth as you pretend to fire at the the pretend bad guys.

Peace time military is fucking stupid.
>>
>>30039771
>using memes

Why dont you fucking try to read up on their shit? the paratroopers are literally just soldiers with a few weeks of LAHO paradrop deployment training and that's it.

They dont train shooting better
They dont train fitness better
They dont train any kind of strategy or tactics better
They dont have more money/assets

They are regular infantry and that's it.
>>
>>30038401
Marine infantry fag here.

Worked with army infantry.

Most army infantry are more or less the same as any marine infantry. The thing is, army units dont deploy anywhere near as often as marine infantry, so they tend to have less expierience except for a few units that deploy more than others.

Army pogs are literally the fucking worst. Basically these tryhard losers who think that because they fired a rifle on a range once they are now super soldiers who rule the world.

But marine pogs are pretty much the same. Really the biggest difference between army and marines is that as an overall organization the marines are deployed more often, deploy more rapidly, and are a bit more effecient at stuff. But the marines are such a small organization that they cant handle stuff that requires truly large numbers of men, so after a certain point the army is needed cuz nobody else has that kind of manpower.

In a retard level simplification:

Marines assault something and hold it until the army gets its ass in gear and shows up to finally exploit the toehold a few weeks/months later.

The army also kicks the marine corps ass at engineering and logistics.

Another example:
>be marine
>in iraq
>at marine fob
>basic level of living, utterly zero comforts, taking like 1 shower a weeks, mostly cold food etc etc
>go to army base not even 60 miles away
>swimming pools, tennis courts, movie theater, goddamned mcdonalds and pizza hut
>how the fuck do they get all this shit over here and we can barely manage to secure a safe water supply?

No joke. We had pallets of drinking water show up labled "do not drink, contaminated with feces" once.

Like, why even fucking ship it then?
>>
why are we getting so many of these "Army or Marines" threads? Meg and just googling in general should take care of this. starting to think its planned
>>
>>30033747
I used to be an auto journalist and would go to Monterey every year for Car Week, and would always drive past this place. Seems like a pretty cool gig.

Is there any sense in trying to go in to the .mil as a Jap-speaking weeb?
>>
>>30033437
Oh look, it's this thread again.
For the 6th day in a fucking row
>>
In duh muHhreeens
Jarhead pickled mind
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.