[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I was diagnosed bipolar by a psychiatrist. Am I still able to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: Claude Speed (GTA III).jpg (69 KB, 515x472) Image search: [Google]
Claude Speed (GTA III).jpg
69 KB, 515x472
I was diagnosed bipolar by a psychiatrist. Am I still able to buy a firearm? I just want something for home defense and hunting so I'm thinking a shotgun.
>>
>>30024482
You're probably fine as long as you haven't been committed
>>
>>30024482
Probably. I was approved for my license and I have more then that. If you have it under control you will be fine.
>>
What state do you live in? State laws vary
>>
>>30024482
I am a tranny who has been diagnosed with anxiety, depression and took zoloft for over a year. I have tried tons of fucking drugs (lsd helps the best with anxiety and depression btw for me) and I can still buy a fire arm and I can pass a nics check.

As long you have not committed any crimes nor have been committed to a mental institution for longer than three days or something you keep your federal gun rights. Other times it depends on the state. But in general no, as long as you have not been committed you are golden.

http://www.ncsl.org/research/civil-and-criminal-justice/possession-of-a-firearm-by-the-mentally-ill.aspx

However, if you feel like you are going to use it on yourself please don't for all us gun owners. If you want to kill yourself go jump off a bridge so liberals can't use your death to take away guns.
>>
>>30024595
GA
>>
>>30024482
You have to be involuntarily committed to lose your rights.
>>
>>30024622
I've never had homicidal or suicidal feelings nor have I been arrested because I think before I act.
>>
>>30024626
You should be fine.
>>
>>30024626
You'll be alright man.
>>
>>30024657
>>30024674
Okay. Just wanted to check. Thanks.
>>
>>30024636
Kind of.

I have another tranny friend who got committed but since they kept her for less than three days she got to keep her FEDERAL rights. She lost her cuckfornia rights for five years, but she moved out of state and was able to buy funs in Arizona. The key word here is adjudicated meaning you have to have some form of due process. Liberals however don't think this is a good idea ...

>>30024650
Then enjoy your freedoms.

I know how you feel man though. Having a mental illness is such a stigma. I didn't ask for it, but I am as responsible as I can be with it. Kind of why I tried drugs anyways. Not so much to party, but to see if they could help me get rid of my issues. They helped, but I take them in a control environment with a very open minded therapist.

MDMA might help you.
>>
>>30024703
Never tried it. I suspect I'll live a somewhat normal life since my dad's side of the family is riddled with mental illness (mostly bipolar) and they are okay. My dad is the worst of them and even he can maintain a job and stay out of jail and psych wards. So I imagine my illness isn't as severe as most people's. I tried lamictal and stopped taking it because I felt good and thought I didn't need it. Felt good for a week or two but I went back to my old stages. I want to start taking it again soon but I'm afraid the psychologists will not think I'm going to take it serious again. How many times were you prescribed different drugs until you found what worked for you?
>>
>>30024703
Also I hate counseling. The entire time I feel pathetic and a "pity me" image of myself enters my head. How do people do it? I have no reason to be the way I am other than genetics. I didn't have a traumatic childhood or anything.
>>
>>30024816
Anything they gave me didn't work. At best they would just drown out the anxiety. LSD kind of helps me because I am forced to confront all of my mental problems and I think of ways to solve the. Also the after glow is pretty good.

As for how many different proscribed drugs. I think the official count is four. I tried some other stuff off the street or through friends though.

>>30024875
Well I just tried me counseling as stuff I would say to a close friend. They can not legally say a word to anyone else unless you are going to hurt yourself or hurt others so feel free to tell them as long as you think it will not fuck you in the end.

I would say for me what caused me shit was how society treat people like me and maybe some genetic problems. I have pretty bad anxiety and my dad has a little bit of that.

I didn't ask to be trans though. I rathe be a just a gun bro who goes inawoods and plows pussy under the star light. Oh well I guess I can find a hasguns bf to do the plowing. At least I get to look up at the stars.

But what it comes down to is just shitty luck. The thing is we treat people with mental illess like people who commit crimes instead of people who have a medical problem. I am fine and it doesn't effect me much in terms of doing something stupid like an heroing or wanting to kill someone, some times I just worry about crap.
>>
>>30025089
Well I'm glad you somewhat found a way to deal with your problems. I don't worry about what I say to the psychiatrist, I just don't understand the purpose of "letting my feelings out" to them. It just seems fake. It's the only way I can describe it. I appreciate your tips and I hope you one day find your innawoods boyfriend
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.