[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have they ever been a viable weapon, /k/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: Shurikens_by_Overkill.png (554 KB, 937x1080) Image search: [Google]
Shurikens_by_Overkill.png
554 KB, 937x1080
Have they ever been a viable weapon, /k/?
>>
>>30021485
Only if you can throw left-handed.
And the guy you are running at doesn't have a bow or gun.
>>
Not really a weapon, just a tool to deter pursuit. Like pepper spray.
>>
>>30021502
>left handed

Wut?

Also they are associated with assassins, presumably the benefit is in concealment and the element of surprise.

What I want to know is if they have ever been anything more than 'looks cool!'

I've literally never heard of someone being harmed by them other than accidentally
>>
>>30021525
Caltrops are better at deterring pursuit in every way
>>
>>30021485
they are midrange weapons that cause grievous harrm, moreso than a rock. they arent weapon weapons. they might also have been kept for religious reasons
>>
File: rio disappoint.gif (3 MB, 200x147) Image search: [Google]
rio disappoint.gif
3 MB, 200x147
>>30021485
I believe they were intended to be used as a painful distraction at best. Imagine two UFC fighters circling each other and one flings a shuriken with a follow up haymaker etc. Not a weapon designed to kill.
>>
>>30021970
This
It's hard to keep fighting with a couple of these in your arms
>>
>>30021970
Pretty much this, you square off with a guy, throw a heavy sharp chunk of steel toward his face and try to capitalize on his reaction by running or following it up with a more serious attack
>>
>>30021485
Since it's never a good idea to hit someone with something that will only piss them off, the only way I'd throw one of these is if it was poisoned.
>>
They were a distraction. Ninja would throw them at a pursuing Samurai in order to facilitate their escape. For the record, I don't give a damn what /k/ thinks, Ninja were fucking badass and would beat the piss out of and if deemed necessary kill anyone on this board.
>>
>>30023951

I am a ninja and ya, I could totally kick your ass.
>>
>>30021485
Firstly the real original shuriken were just coins with sharpened edges. Secondly, they were just high level pocket sand.

They're like a feint attack, giving you an opening for a real attack. Moderately more effective than throwing your cool guy sunglasses at your enemy, their natural reaction is to block them with their arm and cover their face - potentially making them blind to your follow up.

A side note, Kunai were prybars.
>>
>>30021551
Other than a throwing weapon supposedly theyve been used in a similar manner as caltrops. You leave them sticking out of the ground and people step on them.
>>
File: comfy jack rain gif.gif (1018 KB, 500x290) Image search: [Google]
comfy jack rain gif.gif
1018 KB, 500x290
>"Ninja"shitters
>Not being a Samurai
>>
>>30021551
Back in ye olden days, you would put an infectious agent on them such as feces. Infection killed a LOT of people before modern medicine came along.
>>
Yes, they were good at what they were supposed to do.

They were never supposed to kill anyone unless coated in poison/shit and even then not immediately. You would throw them at your opponent to weaken him before the real fight begins.
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 296x220) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 296x220
Now what about these?
>>
>>30021485
They were never meant to be a weapon.
>>
>>30023986
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anEuw8F8cpE

Shotgun wielding drunk Vs Ninja.

1 nill no rematch.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.