[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Britain's new aircraft carriers will make enemies 'think
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: HMS_Queen_Elizabeth~01.jpg (819 KB, 2858x2011) Image search: [Google]
HMS_Queen_Elizabeth~01.jpg
819 KB, 2858x2011
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/05/19/britains-vast-new-aircraft-carriers-will-make-enemies-think-twic/

>Longer than the Houses of Parliament and able to launch up to 108 air strike sorties per day, Britain’s new aircraft carriers will make potential enemies “think twice” about starting future wars, their senior naval officer has said.

>less than half the air complement of a 40yo Nimitz
>only two built, allowing for only one at sea per standard rotation
>A FUCKING RAMP
>make enemies think twice

Yeah I'm sure the Russians and Chinese are shaking in their commie boots.
>>
Dicks
>>
>>30014162
Here we go again
Haha fuck Britain right?
>>
Well it's not like any potential enemy isn't going to consider a capability increase when planning operations. We do.

I don't get what the big deal about that is.
>>
Didn't I just see this thread?

>>>/pol/74546667

I did!
>>
Still enough to skullfuck Argentina.
>>
>>30014162
Two threads in one day? Here we go again.
>>
Literally copied straight over from /pol/

Keep to your containment board
>>
>>30014162

Literally copied from /int/ to /pol/ to /k/.

Honest to god, fuck the writer for creating such a cringeworthy headline.
>>
>Not nuclear
>Ramp
>Relying on the questionable F-35 or dusting off harriers
>Only two

What's the fucking point?
>>
Who cares?

America's gonna fight the wars anyway. Its their blood that:s gonna spill. Why make something that wont be used that much?
>>
File: orson_welles_wine.jpg (12 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
orson_welles_wine.jpg
12 KB, 480x360
>>30014162
>Diesel-powered skateboard ramp

And I thought the f-35 was bad.
>>
>>30014162
You mean the Russian and Chinese carriers of lower tonnage that also exclusively use ramps, with lower availability to the point their CSG includes two tugs?
>>
>>30014162

Even if they had a fucking Star Destroyer in orbit to bombard enemy countries, it wouldn't help them. All the military assets in the world can't help you when the enemy is already in your country and protected by your laws.
>>
>>30014162
>muh one at sea
Maybe in peace time. Last time countries were in a serious naval war, no one put only 50% or 1/3 of its boats to action.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.