[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Muh combat proven! >Leopard a shit, no combat record
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: size0[1].jpg (64 KB, 640x426) Image search: [Google]
size0[1].jpg
64 KB, 640x426
>Muh combat proven!
>Leopard a shit, no combat record

How come the great and mighty US of A send TWO (2) teams to a tank competition and still dont make top 3?

https://www.army.mil/article/167842
>>
Because they didn't let us kill anyone.
>>
Because euros send their best, whereas the US sends who is available. Hence why Ireland won that marksmanship challenge a few years back. Honestly though, who wins is not the point. The point of these exercises is to test strategies and gauge doctrinal effectiveness.
>>
>>30008730
>Hence why Ireland won that marksmanship challenge a few years back.
I thought that was because the US was using .308 while everyone else was using more capable rounds (.300 win mag and such) resulting in the US loosing despite "better" tradecraft.
>>
File: image.jpg (162 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
162 KB, 1024x683
Friendly reminder that the US won the tank gunnery portion of the competition.
>>
>>30008694
because who gives a shit thats why, I was stationed in a tank battalion and never teams being coached and trained for competition. And the military likes to send whoever they can that isnt mission critical so im sure some average tankers got a free trip to lose in some competition.
>>
>>30008860

And failed the "soldiering" part.
>>
>>30008902
i.e. tying branches to the tank for camouflage
>>
>>30008752
Well, I've officially lost all faith in the entirety of the US armed forces in perpetuity. Might as well close up, turn out the lights and give Canada the keys.
>>
>>30008694
old news.

Meanwhile Canada came dead last in the Sullivan Cup
>>
>>30008694
>No Spain

Im not surprised, not even let down but this just confirms the levels of shitiness our army is.

>Programa coraza
>We need to throw out these old amx french tanks, they're about to surrender by themselves!
>We need to expend millions on buying these wonderfull leopards, this will make Spain relevant again and strong and of respect.
>10 years later there can only be a few tanks at a time for exercises, loaders have to load imaginary shells and any upgrade or maintenance have to wait for new funds that will never come

Im sure that the machine spirits are enraged as Im for the leve! of stupidity and lack of military deployment anywhere.
>>
>>30008694
>no France
>no UK
>>
>>30008694
So basically tank biathlon 2.0
>>
>>30008694
>yuropoor
>>
>>30009130
It's more of a redoing of the old CAT but with less emphasis on how the crews perform with the vehicle (the old CAT had an entire section on crew maintenance for example) and some strange things like the crews acting as infantry. To nobody's surprise, former NORTHAG units excelled.

This will still result in tons of shitposting though because shitposters gotta shitpost.
>>
>>30008694
Bump
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.