[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Gun violence is a gendered issue >A woman's like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 188
Thread images: 26
File: 20160519_114229.jpg (850 KB, 1439x1714) Image search: [Google]
20160519_114229.jpg
850 KB, 1439x1714
>Gun violence is a gendered issue
>A woman's likelyhood of a violent death within the home actually increases by 270% when a gun is kept inside the house.
http://www.alternet.org/nra-convention-sells-ex-girlfriend-target-bleeds-when-you-shoot-it
What's your take on this /k/?
>>
In Canada, 90℅ of gun deaths happen to men but the coalition for gun control thinks that gun violence is a women's issue.
>the West unironically thinks that women are 10x more important than men

Feminists lol
>>
It's bullshit
>>
Dishonest way of phrasing it. Somehow, I doubt putting a gun in the household of a well-adjusted white couple makes the woman more likely to die a violent death. Maybe the difference is that poor shitskins involved in drugs are more likely to have guns as tools of the trade and are also more likely to kill their women because they're shitskins? Hmmmm.
>>
Your likelihood of being a victim of vehicular homicide increases exponentially if you own a car. Ban cars nao

Your likelihood of drowning increases exponentially if you own a pool. Ban pools nao

Your likelihood of dying from falling down stairs increases exponentially if you live in a house with stairs. Ban stairs nao

These articles are all stupid
>>
>>29998983

Women are literally a meme you can have sex with

I'm starting to think the Muslims may be on to something after all.
>>
Someday you'll have a woman in your life who is a survivor of domestic or sexual violence, and they will humanize the issue for you. It won't be funny or unimportant to you then.

We all need to work together to end the plague of domestic violence, but in the meantime, teach your friends and loved ones to shoot tight groups.
>>
>>29999053
I think this guy was right personally.
>Weep, you girls. My penis has given you up. Now it penetrates men’s behinds. Goodbye, wondrous femininity!
>>
File: 1458745085956.jpg (43 KB, 687x476) Image search: [Google]
1458745085956.jpg
43 KB, 687x476
>>29998983
>violent death includes suicide
>people buy guns to commit suicide
If the article was honest, it wouldn't have phrased things the way it did. Liberals literally believe that it's ok to be dishonest to get what you want, though, so calling them "dishonest" is like calling water "wet"
>>
>>29998983

Yawn. I hope they keep this type of shit up as long as possible to be honest family, all it does is alienate the vast majority of people.

Modern "feminists" would have you believe that every time it rains a man somehow caused it to intentionally water-rape all women. They lose cultural cachet with anyone except their own social-media flock of harridans daily.

My 15 year old nephew and all his friends are redpilled as fuck because they grew up with this blatant absurdity being shoved in their gullets their whole lives
>>
Unregulated availability of firearms is worth all risks associated with them.
>>
>>29998983
> sells 15 different zombie targets, but only one -- the ex-girlfriend -- is female.

HURR HURR VIOLENS AGAINST WUIMMYN
>>
>>29998983
because
1: womens are for the most bitchy cunts that at some points in their lives have said/did shit that would drive any sane person over the edge
2 : most womens can't understand the basic of machinery safety and any attempt to restrict them from harming themselves by an interdiction will be met by "stop mansplainin , btw it's not even loaded bruh "
>>
>>29999062
I agree that domestic violence on both ends sucks, but its got fuck all to do with guns.
>>
>>29999172
even risks that aren't
>>
>>29999062
very, very few of the "violent deaths" are from gun-related domestic violence. Hundreds.
>>
>>29998983
In 2012 over half of all gun deaths were men committing suicide (17910, which is larger than murders of all types and women killed by gun suicide combined). The next largest group was men killed by gun in homicide. The third largest group was women using a gun to commit suicide.

Women murdered by any method, let alone guns, were a small number in comparison. 886 women were killed in an argument, 23 were killed for a romantic triangle, 15 were killed in a rape, and 569 were killed in unspecified circumstances.

Now not all of these were gun deaths. Of the 15 people killed in a rape in 2012 (the one circumstance that happened to only have female victims) 3 were killed by firearms.

It is disingenuous to portray gun deaths as a woman's safety issue. Gun deaths are mostly men, mostly suicide, and even mostly male suicide.
>>
>>29998983
Keep in mind that if you go from a 1 in 200 million chance of something happening to a 1 in 50 million chance of something happening, you've increased your chances 400% percent.

A 270% increase to a very, very unlikely event's possibility is not worth worrying about.

Smoking, for example, increases your chance of cancer by 3000%. That's enough to worry about, especially when your chance to develop cancer at some time in your life is pretty high. (On the bright side, slow developing tumors tend to develop late enough in life to be irrelevant. If you develop prostate cancer at 80 then you might as well just wait it out).
>>
>>29998983
Yeah, that article is utter horse shit. While yes, domestic violence is a thing and I had witnessed and lived through it in my family, guns have fuck all to do it with it
>http://www.hoplofobia.info/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Armed-Resistance-to-Crime.pdf

>http://www.law.harvard.edu/students/orgs/jlpp/Vol30_No2_KatesMauseronline.pdf

>http://www.theacru.org/harvard_study_gun_control_is_counterproductive/
>>
>>29999001
I swear, Canadian women are going to ride that Polytech massacre into the next fucking century at this rate.
>>
File: 1427248533938.jpg (61 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
1427248533938.jpg
61 KB, 600x337
>>29998983
Fucking bump I am literally writing a paper about this right fucking now.
>>
File: CKSgoi9UsAEjCGl.jpg (29 KB, 394x370) Image search: [Google]
CKSgoi9UsAEjCGl.jpg
29 KB, 394x370
>>29999782

>writing a paper challenging femynist beliefs
>writing a paper in support of gun rights
>to turn in for a grade at a school or university

Enjoy your F, bro. Should've just concealed your power level and written your opinion paper on something safe like how you wanna save the black rhinoceros or something. Keep the real opinions for when it matters.
>>
File: 7c7.png (316 KB, 600x376) Image search: [Google]
7c7.png
316 KB, 600x376
>>29999012
Nah, for the gun in hourse self-harm statistics they only look at suicides
>zomg 270% more likely to shoot yourself compared to slitting your wrists or jumping off a cliff
>tfw
>>
File: 1442988174293.gif (3 MB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
1442988174293.gif
3 MB, 250x188
>>30000197
I ain't worried, I actually wrote another paper this semester about how black people are no-good fucking criminals and have nothing to blame but their own inferior genetics and dysfunctional culture.

I'm graduating and this is my very last assignment so I have senioritis up the ass and I am just saying fuck it, they can't give me an F, they can give me a C at worst. I am backing it up with lots of research and making it painfully obvious how much time I spent on it.
>>
>>29999062
That'd be cool. I like broken birds, and she'd understand the importance of being armed.
>>
>>30000282

I mean, it seems your comfortable displaying your autism to the world so more power to ya m8. Just saying you're not likely to change anybodys mind about anything at all. Best case scenario you might moderately rustle your professors jimmies
>>
>>30000319

You'd be surprised, my wife was raped as a kid and it just made her terrified of all forms of violence.

Women have an amazing capacity for doublethink, it's how they're wired. "I never want to be a victim of a violent crime again" and "I never want to perpetrate violence on anyone" are, to them, somehow not mutually exclusive beliefs.
>>
File: image (1).jpg (67 KB, 620x699) Image search: [Google]
image (1).jpg
67 KB, 620x699
>>30000362
I know. You're totally right. I'm just so fucking done with school I'm just saying fuck it, give me a C. At least it's more entertaining to write about than some other fuccboi feminist psychological bullshit theory. I like guns, so it's easier to spend all these fuckin hours on it.

Got my paper open on one side and /k/ on the other, double kek.
>>
File: British_WMD.png (468 KB, 578x525) Image search: [Google]
British_WMD.png
468 KB, 578x525
>>30000387
>women have an amazing capacity for doublethink

Fukken this, famalamadingdong. So true.
>>
File: image.gif (2 MB, 360x270) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2 MB, 360x270
>>29998983
Jesus Christ, the comments....
>>
File: 1433549801673.jpg (74 KB, 455x619) Image search: [Google]
1433549801673.jpg
74 KB, 455x619
>>30000415
Holy shit I hate you for making me look at them.

Jesus Christ.
>>
>>29999053
Traps. This is why theyre so popular.
Women that can be feminists.
>>
>>29999062
Ive seen so many cases of false charges that i am really skeptical of any domestic violence claim. Unless i see brusies it didnt happen. And even then, check twice.
>>
>>30000473
You a cop or an EMT or something?
>>
>>30000447

If you'd ever actually met a trap, you'd know that they're humongous drama queen faggots who spend all their time trying to ostentatiously out-femaling actual females by being even more petty, shallow, and shrewish.
>>
>>29999012
>>29999012

I'm pretty sure in the instance where I put my hands on my vanilla lady happens

It's going to be entirely legal, both defensively or consensual

My Px4 has no bearing on her survivability.
Whither or not she keeps her hands to herself in a heated argument or reaches for a fucking kitchen knife will.

No dude with even 6 months of honest brow sweat inducing work is going to be legitimately threatened by a woman.
>oh noes
>The house wife is angry
>Best get my gat and doubletabdathoe
>Why?
>Shefuckedmuhsammichup
>>
>>29999023
Cars are extensively regulated though. Guns should be as well. And honestly, pools and stairs should be as well. You can regulate something without banning it, and still improve safety.

>>29999112
Does the article actually admit to including suicides? They do say "violent death", however they also mention homicide, which explicitly means killing of a human by another human. So unless you can find explicit evidence that their statistics include suicide, it seems rather ironic to accuse them of being dishonest.

>>29999186
Honestly, they'd be better off if they included a larger variety of female targets. I'd say they were on the right track with the whole "having only male targets is sexist" thing, however having their only female target marketed as "ex-girlfriend" brings in unfortunate implications of domestic violence. And yes, the "having to kill your loved ones who turned into zombies" is a well-known zombie apocalypse cliche, but in a real zombie apocalypse there would likely be plenty of other female zombies you'd have to kill.

>>29999244
Guns do make a difference, though it depends on who has de facto control of them. If the abuser has a gun, it just makes the abuse more likely to turn deadly. If the victim has a gun, it gives them a chance to defend themselves. The problem is, that being a victim of abuse means someone is in a position of power over you, which means unless you have a gun on your person it could be difficult for you to gain access to it.
>>
>>29998983
>>Gun violence is a gendered issue

Is it, after all. Most people who die by firearms are males.
>>
>>30000496
Related to both. But i work for city transit.

The shit we see on the bus cameras is hilarious. Even when they know theyre on camera, they lie like crazy.

I dindu nuffin is like a mantra.

So when i hear everybody elses stories it kinda paints a good picture.

One of my co workers got accused of rape.
The Woman even got pregnant, and said it was his.

Come to find out. She was stalking him, day and night.

Had confessed to another co worker they had consensual once, then he broke it off.

She went out whoring, got knocked up
And decided he was a better baby daddy. Cause he had a pay check.

Two problems.

1) She got pregnant 2 months after they had sex.

2) he was fixed.
>>
>>30000632
>Cars are extensively regulated though.

I have a few ghost cars, though. They are very old and their titles disappeared many years ago. The government doesn't even know they exist.

Extensively regulate yourself to hell.

But I know you're baiting, so I just wasted my time.
>>
>>30000544
Yep, the only advantage to traps is their feminine benises. "They were born male so they must be able to understand men" is just a meme.

>>30000609
>Whither or not she keeps her hands to herself in a heated argument or reaches for a fucking kitchen knife will.
A heated argument isn't abuse though.

>No dude with even 6 months of honest brow sweat inducing work is going to be legitimately threatened by a woman.
If the woman threatens to report the guy to the police (whether the guy is actually abusive or merely thinks the police will believe her claims), he has reasons to feel threatened. Sure, shooting her won't actually improve the situation, but people tend not to think rationally when they feel threatened.
>>
>>29999001
Shillary cant tie her 'gender inequality' bullshit together with her gun control rhetoric without a healthy dose of completely unrelated lies and more bullshit
>>
File: 1406314189119.gif (208 KB, 323x221) Image search: [Google]
1406314189119.gif
208 KB, 323x221
>>30000632
>cars are extensively regulated
>guns should be
>as if they're not

Hue hue hue

I don't recall needing a background check for buying a fucking car or needing a permit to park anywhere I wanted or not being able to take my car into certain places without exception.
>>
>>30000701
I don't remember having to pass a written and physical exam to own a gun, or paying $100 a year and thousands of dollars in insurance to continue using it. :^)
>>
>>29998983
Hey OP cool, if you feel like making a difference in your country, community, or planet you could try to fix these instead.

In Murica' 480,000 thousand people die from tobaccer'

In Murica 16,000,000 people have tobaccer' related illnesses.

Im Murica 10,000 firearm homicides Slightly more but ish.
>>
>>30000701
>>30000723

Not to mention needing a special tax stamp with more extensive background checks and bullshit for mufflers, cars under a certain length (like smart cars), or cars that can go over a certain speed.

Or complete bans on the importation of certain cars by name because liberals are too scared of them.
>>
>>29998983

>270% sounds more impressive than 2.7 times

But selling ex gf targets is just stupid

What's wrong with shooting a paper cut put of Usama bin Laden
>>
>>29999062
This. My wife was raped, still has physical injuries that she deals with. We've talked about the fact that some of her exes are felons and we'd both love to find a way that they couldn't get guns but I still could, end up having some good calm discussions about it. There have been some "bump in the night" occasions where she is glad I'm armed, and she currently won't let me sell my .38 Special because she's good with it and wouldn't feel safe home alone without it.

Hell, she's better with that damn .38 than I am...
>>
>>30000674
>>30000674

I know at least 4 different instances where women have reached for a weapon, or attacked their husbands with a weapon

And came out of it scott fucking free.

I might even take a couple slashes, stabs, or bludgeoning strikes before I retaliate.

Gotta be sure in these gender biased US Courts nowadays

And why the fuck does it seem like they're laboring under the false pretense that domestic violence is uniquely male?

Bitches pull that bullshit day in day out all the time.

I want a Cops show dedicated to belligerent women in domestic violence cases. Officer Murphy taking tricks on a stroll down to electric avenue would make my fucking day.
>>
>>30000660
>I have a few ghost cars, though. They are very old and their titles disappeared many years ago. The government doesn't even know they exist.
And it's entirely possible to do the same with guns. But that doesn't mean that regulation isn't beneficial. And honestly, if you get caught drunk driving and lose your license, it doesn't matter if your cars "officially exist" or not.

I'm just pointing out that "gun control is bad because cars kill more people" is a nonsensical argument, because WE ALREADY HAVE "CAR CONTROL". Sure, it's not the same as BANNING cars, but most people in favor of gun control aren't advocating totally banning guns either. Guns and cars are both dangerous if misused, so logically they should be subject to similar regulation. The only difference is the whole second amendment issue, because guns, unlike cars, are regarded as necessary to keep the government in check.
>>
>>30000701
>>>cars are extensively regulated
>>guns should be
>>as if they're not
"should be" does not imply "is not".

> not being able to take my car into certain places without exception.
Try taking your car INTO a grocery store. Not just in the parking lot, but actually INTO the store. Pretty sure that's illegal.
>>
>>30000731
evolution created people, but colonel colt made em equal

I'm proud of your wife for being strong and I'm proud of you for being strong for her. Maybe you should give her the .38?

>inb4 gun rights are womens rights.
>>
File: clip+(2016-05-19+at+02.30.22).jpg (90 KB, 850x400) Image search: [Google]
clip+(2016-05-19+at+02.30.22).jpg
90 KB, 850x400
>>30000738
>most people in favor of gun control aren't advocating totally banning guns either
>pic related "represents" the "interests" of 40 million voters in the United States
>has had her seat since 1992
>>
>>30000738
>second amendment issue

This is how you know someone is pinko scum. They'll refer to natural rights as issues.
>>
>>30000723
I did to carry one.

Kinda like i did to take the car off my property.

You want to license me to own things in my own home.

Fuck off you facist.

How about we license your gay life style.

You might be spreading AIDS!
>>
>>30000738
>>30000738

>Totes ok to regulate guns guys
>We'll just use this inch here of compromise to take another slice of your cake
>And lick the platter too while we're at it
>Along with the slicing spade & the utensils clean of icing

No. Fuck you. Regulate human insanity, not tools.
Fucking white kids and their insane asses going on school rampages because they realized they weren't the center of the universe anymore.

At least Darell & Jamal are only blasting eachother.
>>
>>30000778
Perfectly legal unless you've been asked not to, you cause any property damage or commit another crime, like harming someone or blocking a fire escape.
>>
>>30000794
>Fucking white kids and their insane asses going on school rampages because they realized they weren't the center of the universe anymore.

I don't think that's it, either. I think it's a cultural issue, and likely one to do with prescription drugs as well.
>>
>>30000794
>white kids and their insane asses going on school rampages
>this bullshit didn't happen until we started pumping them full of antidepressants and amphetamines for "ADD" or "Bipolar" or "Depression" instead of beating them so they stopped being a pain in the ass

Too much money in psych meds these days to stop, goy.
>>
>>30000784
She's still not a "gun person". Partially because she used to have depression issues (who didn't?). Things have eased up over the years, but I'm not sure she's at the "this is my gun" point just yet. Maybe once we buy our house (under contract now) and have a kid.

Also, she wants a semiauto pistol with a manual safety.
>>
>>30000794
While the idea that school shootings are a white people problem is a popular one the vast majority of school shootings involve minority students.

White kids shooting up a school makes it on the news because it's unusual.
>>
>>29999062
>excepting damaged goods
>any year
>>
File: image.gif (468 KB, 200x113) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
468 KB, 200x113
>>30000685
Plus Hillary has that whole "married to a sexual predator and accused rapist" thing going for her. Which is nice.
>>
>>29998983
Did you know that if you ban guns people will still hurt each other.

If no one has any guns and I need something to assault, protect, or intimidate someone do you think that I would just not do those things or find another way to do them. Am I not going to just use a knife to commit robbery, rape, murder, and burglary or do you think people will just stop doing them because there is no guns.
>>
>>29999062
"Humanising" the issue just means you no longer see it objectively. This is why soldiers always hate their officers for dispassionately spending their lives; its the officers job to treat soldiers as numbers and try to minimise the numbers of casualties. Of course they are still human but it's a necessity. Similarly, if a woman gets shot by a husband who keeps a gun in the house it is an isolated incident, and simply overreacting and banning all guns is a foolish and irrational move based on one incidence.

Also this is a misleading statistic and incredibly manipulative way of reporting.
>>
>>30000734
You know that's what really killed Barry from IV8888 right? His partner was abusive and manipulative and wanted to get a piece of the action. He got a DUI and a charge for fencing stolen property, they never really came out on that, but Barry's ex of 13 years said on the AR-15 and talked about how he met the bad lady through her and about how sad she felt about the whole thing. She didn't realize how manipulative she was and how controlling she was. Barry ended up going through lots of "personal problems" that were probably him getting abused. It's not unlikely that he turned to alcohol whenever things started going downhill, which led to the DUI charge which caused him to lose his job at Moss. He died broke for some reason, either because she made him or because of his DUI charge, he sold all his guns. He ended up dying of a heart attack, most likely from all the stress that he endured.

Gender inequality is bullshit. Gender roles in general. Men don't get custody if the woman is crazy, men are cucks or weak if they are the ones getting abused, stay at home dads are failures, etc. It's the same shit as a woman's place is in the home, a strong woman is a bitch, etc. We gotta knock that shit off.

People are just people and it's wrong to abuse your partner, regardless of gender.
>>
>>29998983
I'd say it's pretty disgusting. If I were an authority figure in that persons town I would just arrest them for something else.
>>
File: ss-table-alldata.png (62 KB, 944x791) Image search: [Google]
ss-table-alldata.png
62 KB, 944x791
>>30000834

https://davinasquirrel.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/ss-table-alldata.png

I think not.

http://www.vice.com/read/why-are-so-many-mass-shootings-committed-by-young-white-men-623

From 1982 to 2003 there were like 44 Cases of white mass shooters versus half that in minorities, split between negro, asian & latino

http://www.statista.com/statistics/476456/mass-shootings-in-the-us-by-shooter-s-race/

You crazy motherfuckers need to sit down and drink a six pack of Duff and just enjoy your fuckin' days.
>>
>>30000785
>"represents" the "interests" of 40 million voters in the United States
Yes, she is their legal representative. But that doesn't actually mean 40 million think she SHOULD be their representative. All it means is that she has more supporters among the voting population of California than her competitors.

Also, according to http://www.politifact.com/california/statements/2016/jan/15/ted-cruz/ted-cruz-misfires-feinstein-gun-claim/, the quote in your picture referred specifically to "assault weapons", not guns in general. Now, I'm aware of the problems with the "assault weapons" classification, however it's still quite different from saying you want to ban all guns, which is what your picture seems to be implying.

And based on http://www.ontheissues.org/Domestic/Dianne_Feinstein_Gun_Control.htm, she doesn't seem THAT unreasonable. Her whole platform does seem to be based on gun control, but there doesn't seem to be anything calling for a complete gun ban. The worst seems to be calling anything with more than 10 rounds a "high capacity" magazine, and saying that they help "kill more people more quickly", when it seems to me that automatic fire would have a bigger role in that.
>>
File: dr-laughing-gas3.jpg (30 KB, 477x358) Image search: [Google]
dr-laughing-gas3.jpg
30 KB, 477x358
In the US, over 250k people die from medical mistakes making it the third highest cause of death in the US behind only cancer and heart disease.

Health care workers are treated like heroic professionals but in reality, many of them are retards who just don't give a flying fuck about anyone's life.

>oops did I give you over 800 mg of codeine lol RIP
>Oh snap I operated on the wrong hip
>wrong knee
>wrong arm
>turns out 1500mg of Lorazepam is death lol RIP yo mom
>I gave your baby an infection because we don't wash our hands in hospitals 70% of the time kek
>Waah I only make 500k a year as a surgeon give me a raise waah
>I spent like 3 years in school to be an RN but I only make 70k a year give me more money! Waah!
>the blood transfusion went bad and yo heart just stopped due to allergies haha code blue! CPR all clear zap zapperino *overtime pay* *kills patient anyway* *buys BMW*
>>
>>30000919
>from 1982 to 2003 there were over 70 mass shootings, 44 were white male
huh, you realize "over 70" could mean "100,000" right? It doesn't even get started without fucking the numbers.

>Over half of them were white males!
Over half the population of the US were white people.
>>
>>30000919
>Wordpress blog

Congratulations, you are a retard.
>>
>>29999062
>Someday you'll have a woman in your life who is a survivor of domestic or sexual violence, and they will humanize the issue for you. It won't be funny or unimportant to you then.

All the women in the family know not to act or dress like sluts, they don't man shame, they understand that criminals will crim and will predate on the weakest and innocent. All know how to shoot guns and to stay alert.

My sister works with women going through real rape cases, not those "I woke up in the morning after I got wasted" type of cases. She hates new wave feminism since it makes a mockery of the real rapes and shifts attention to upper middle class white women who felt ashamed to get gangbanged the day after. Meanwhile minorities and the underprivileged get thrown in the back burner.

>We all need to work together to end the plague of domestic violence, but in the meantime, teach your friends and loved ones to shoot tight groups.

Agreed, equal punishment for domestic violence regardless of race is the real answer.
>>
>>30000738
Califag here. They are trying to ban guns. Gun control advocates would have more gun owner sympathy if they would just stop after a while. Here in my "great" state ever year the gun control lobby pass more and more laws and every year they propose more new ones. We have background checks, 10 day waiting periods, address verification, magazine caps and feature bans and guess what? That's still not enough for them. Any sort of sensible (background checks and waiting periods and those are big maybes) gun control I might have had supported I don't now because it's never enough for these fuckers.
>>
>>30000816
SSRIs are fucked up, don't help depression, and actually make you more likely to act out in a way that's harmful to yourself or others. Erik Harris took SSRIs in the time leading up to and during the Columbine shooting.

If you legit have ADHD stimulants can make a huge difference. ADD is caused by a smaller than normal VTA, which is part of your brain that controls "the reward track". Drugs that help your brain make and keep dopamine make a real difference.

We could get into a whole discussion about this, but the end of the story is that ADHD is hugely overdiagnosed. If you really have it, amphetamines are a wonder drug that give you a normal life. If you have bipolar or any of the other myriad psychological issues that share symptoms with ADHD, you are very likely going to make that shit way worse. You can only really know for positive sure if someone has ADHD if you scan the activity in regions of the brain associated with ADHD.

Also, you know that beating kids is something that leads to them having depression? The top three groups of people who get murdered are people in gangs, people who cheat on their spouses, and people who abuse their kids.
>>
>>30000787
There's no such thing as "natural" rights. In nature, you have the right to do anything that you're not prevented from doing. Which means, in nature, if you're the strongest one around, you literally have the right to kill people, unless those who are weaker manage to work together to oppose you. The concept of legal rights is unnatural, and in a sense arbitrary; they're nothing more than a set of rules chosen to allow society to function.

>>30000794
How do you propose we "regulate human insanity"? Most regulation on both cars and guns is based on what people are allowed to do with them, which I would say is a form of "regulating human insanity".

>>30000803
And how do you bring a car into a grocery store without causing property damage?

>>30000865
Banning guns won't stop violent crime, but they will make such crimes less deadly and harder to commit. That's the whole reason guns were invented in the first place. And while it is entirely possible to pull off a mass killing without guns, it's almost always harder for the attacker to do than if they had a gun.
>>
>>30000936
I'm a medical professional staring at 350 k in loans and haven't started to make decent money until my early-mid 30s. Doctors, if anything, are underpaid for the services they provide. We also are only a small part of the medical cost pie. Get fucked.
>>
>>30001009
And where do you expect that money to come from? Plenty of patients already barely have enough money to pay for their treatment, so how can you be "underpaid" when the market is barely able to support your current income? In a truly free market without insurance you'd probably be earning less since many people wouldn't be able to afford going to a doctor at their current prices.
>>
>>30000936
I read this cool book called The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg and there is part on medical accidents. Basically, he says that alot of the worst accidents are because surgeons have the mindset of LOOK AT ME, I HAVE THE POWER OF GOD and if nurses tell them they are wrong they lose their jobs, because they hurt their precious egos. The nurses at one hospital actually developed a code of writing different doctors names in different colors on the surgery chart so you could know if your doctor was an asshole who would fire you or not.

The horror stories about "whoops, cut off the wrong leg", totally happen and in most are totally preventable if the doctor could just pause his ego trip and "do no harm". That's why it seems silly, but it's not a bad idea to write NOT THIS LEG all over the leg not being operated on.

My grandma died because of a medical accident when my mom was a little kid. It was back in the day when they understood blood transfusions but not blood typing. They had the idea that postpartum women should get blood transfusions to "pep them up". They did this to her for one kid, boom, kidney crystalized. Did it again for her next kid, boom no kidneys. She was one of the first women in my state to receive dialysis. It was so expensive it bankrupt my (rich) grandfather and she still died anyway, all because some doctors wanted to try some shit on her, not once, but fucking twice.
>>
>>30000997
>There's no such thing as "natural" rights.

Pinko scum confirmed.
>>
>>30001063
pinkos are the weak people who band together to fight the strongest one jesus christ read a fucking book
>>
>>30001063
Calling me a pinko isn't a refutation of anything though.
>>
>>30000728
>too soon
>>
>>30001026
Confirmed for having no fucking clue how the medical system works.

Pro tip: doctors made money hand over fist before insurance and government fucked it up. A doctor could get paid 5k (that's not an inflation adjusted amount) for an appendectomy 50 years ago cash money. In 2016, a surgeon is lucky to make 300 dollars for the same procedure after all the paperwork clears.
>>
>>30001083

But you won't repudiate it, either. You are definitely a communist, socialist, or supporter.
>>
>>30001052
What you're describing isn't a medical error, but an adverse event. There's an enormous difference between those two things.
>>
>>30000927
>Her whole platform does seem to be based on gun control, but there doesn't seem to be anything calling for a complete gun ban.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffI-tWh37UY

Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>29998983
How many women have defended themselves with a gun in a domestic violence situation? I'd like to see those numbers. Guns are a tool, they're only bad when bad people have them.
>>
>>30001009
Or they are overcharged for their training.
>>
>>30001163
So you're saying most of the money the patient pays doesn't actually go into the doctor's pockets? Where does it actually go then?

>>30001171
I suppose I consider myself a socialist. In any case, what economic system I believe in isn't a refutation of any of my points.

>>30001186
This is the same quote that the article pointed out as being taken out of context, "turn them all in" referring to "assault weapons", not guns in general. If you think the article was wrong and she actually WAS referring to all weapons, why don't you point out where specifically the article is in error?
>>
>>30001274
>This is the same quote that the article pointed out as being taken out of context, "turn them all in" referring to "assault weapons", not guns in general. If you think the article was wrong and she actually WAS referring to all weapons, why don't you point out where specifically the article is in error?

Even if the quote was out of context, it doesn't fucking matter because that's their endgame.

Also,

>politifact as a source

top kekkles
>>
>>30001249
Higher education in the USA is an outrage. A doctor has to complete 4 years of undergrad, many go on to get PhDs but this isn't required, followed by 4 years of medical school. After this is residency, which lasts 3-9 years depending on your area and whether you pursue specialty training. This latter portion you are actually paid, but we're talking ballpark 50k for working high stress 80+ hour weeks.
>>
File: image.gif (46 KB, 515x421) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
46 KB, 515x421
>>30001274
Pic related
>>
>>30001063
>>30001171
how's it like to be sheltered by society, boy ?
>>
>>30001320
>because that's their endgame.
That's literally just your opinion though. Unless you actually have a source that says that, you have no argument.
>>
>>30001365
Incidentally, that ridiculous training is used to gate off the profession because what doctors ACTUALLY DO in most cases is a role that could be filled by patients entering their symptoms into a touchscreen from a fast food joint that dispensed prescriptions.

Even most common surgeries are dogshit simple, literally the only catch is that fucking up too hard kills someone. Your AVERAGE surgeon in this country is not performing heart transplants and separating siamese twins, they're removing Fattie McFatFatFat's gallbladder. An airline pilot carries the same burden of other people's survival, doing a job equally (if not moreso) technically demanding, and gets paid a fraction of the money.
>>
>>30001708
Look at this fedora tipping faggot. Look at him and laugh.

If medicine was so easily automated it would've been ages ago. Trust me, the penny counters would jump at the chance. Patients don't read the book and medicine has a lot nuance and pattern recognition you just can't automate. How many procedures have you done? Have you ever dived into a crashing HIV+ hep C + patient to save their life and trying not to stab yourself? I have. You have no idea what you're talking about. You're acting like you're commenting from the sideline but you're not even in the stadium.

Your comment about airline pilots is also grossly misinformed. Commercial airline piloting is actually a very lucrative career. Some of those guys do in fact out-earn physicians.

Source: I'm a doctor. My father is a pilot.
>>
>>30001426
not him, but let this graph serve as something else:

Without Doctors, a Hospital is a place to go to die comfortably, not be healed. Remember that next time, remember that if there are no M.D.s or D.O.s in that building "robbing the poor", earning 20% of total, it would not be functional. The keystone of medicine.
>>
>>30001708
serious question here

can you remove a gallbladder with confidence
>>
File: das it mane 2.jpg (213 KB, 1395x1492) Image search: [Google]
das it mane 2.jpg
213 KB, 1395x1492
>>29998983
>a violent death
>probably suicide

>women wants to commit suicede
>doesnt want to knife herself
>doesnt want to jumo off beidge
>buys gun
>shoots herself at home
>Over 50% of all gun related deaths are suicide
>thus violent death

This article is the biggset, most twistid antigun bullshittery I have ever heard in my life
>>
>>30001581
>I think doing what the SS men say and getting on this train will end badly
>I think farming is being collectivized so The Party can better control us
>I think the Khmer Rogue is moving us to the countryside so they can work us like slaves in the rice fields

>That's literally just your opinion though. Unless you actually have a source that says that, you have no argument.

Holy kek you kids these days are retarded.

Of course I have no fucking sources, why the fuck would they talk about it if it was their endgame? They can't get it by being honest and they know it, they'd all get booted out of office right quick if they were in anything but the bluest of the blue strongholds. NRA really stands for "Never Re-elected Again". The majority of Americans are against gun control, but that doesn't even fucking matter because gun owners are so politically active we could probably put the ki-bosh on their shit before it gets off the ground ourselves. That's why we get all sorts of touchy feely shit about "safety" and "the children" from the Brady Bunch and the like but never a legislative endgame. Or do you want a list of all the times people have called for a repeal of the second amendment? How about I give you some articles where the same language being used against le evil scary salt wepuns today was used against machineguns, suppressors, AT rifles, and mortars when they passed the 1934 GCA and 1968 NFA? Should I talk about how in the vast overwhelming majority of cases throughout history where a government mandated the people register their weapons it ended in confiscation?

You can't really be this ignorant of how politics works, but then again, you did admit you were a socialist earlier.
>>
>>30000997
Legal rights are arbitrary.

No reasonable person will agree with that.

>Nothing more than a set of rules chosen to allow society to function

Ok nothing more than that. If that is all they do then I guess we don't need them

You can go ahead and say that banning guns prevents violent crime all you want. The truth is that there is a large population of americans that aren't little hippy babies crying every time they see some shoot a turkey and think that meat should only come from farms.

I hate to break it to you buddy do you think that cars should be outlawed because they kill people.

Do you think that tobacco and alcohol are OK even though they kill over 70 times more people annually.

I have literally witnesses over 20 violent crimes in my life and at no point in time was there ever an appointed official available to protect that person.

Banning guns won't make murder less deadly. Banning guns will not make crime harder to commit.
>>
>>30000919
>whites are ~2/3 of the nations population
>~2/3 mass shootings are done by a white
What are you trying to prove here?
>>
>>30000997
>No such thing as natural rights.
Actually there is something called natural rights ,and it existed long before the constitution.

>Implies that legal rights are wrong because they are unnatural

Please explain
>>
Liars, damn liars and statistics

We can always justify what we want for results if we sort the data juuussstt right....

OP is a troll or a idiot
>>
>>30000997
The sad thing is you're probably a liberal.

Do you support the communist party.

It must be nice to concern yourself with gun control so much however, in less than 9 months the election year will be over and you will never concern yourself with politics ever again.

You can go back to your hard work washing dishes and studying your college book so diligently for an hour a day.
>>
So it will jump from a tiny tiny percentage to more than twice that tiny percentage? Oh my!
>>
>>30002305
I noticed that too.
>>
>>30000997
check out Chenpeng Village Primary School stabbing 24 dead. and also in China Kunming Railway Station. 33 dead, 133 injured with knives (March 2014).
so do we outlaw kitchen knives?... we can see how successful China has been with some of the most repressive controls in the world.
>>
>>30001365
I married a MD
4 years college, 4 years medical school, 1 year fellowship, 3 years residency. ( So became a earner at age 30 ) Left school with 400,000$ in debt even with me helping support her. Took a pile of money to set up her office. When she takes payment she has to pay all her staff and her office off. She made pretty much no money the first couple of years and annoying enough people expected her to have a certain class of home and car or they thought she was not competent.
"Don't go to Dr X she drives a Toyota"
When she sees a medicare patient she has two times the paperwork and about a third of of the compensation.
>>30001426
Probably is accurate but unless the MD is a specialist they have very little left over after the overhead of the office. And patients seem to think they don't have to pay for it, too bad the electric company and our landlord does not have the same opinion.
>>
>>30001929
Bravo!
>>
File: 1430273907589.png (194 KB, 502x675) Image search: [Google]
1430273907589.png
194 KB, 502x675
>>30000632
>Cars are extensively regulated though. Guns should be as well.
Pic related

>still improve safety.
You can either have liberty or safety. Both is almost impossible.
>>
>>30002565
This post is legit. I'm nearing the end of my fellowship and I'm so burnt out its ridiculous. If you want to make money go into business or something. The stress is high and the pay is low considering all you out into it. Hell, we recently had a doctor OD in his call room and my team had to respond to it. The sad part is I totally understand why the guy was shooting up.
>>
>>30002703
>Buy Car Capable of 200 MPH
But there's virtually nowhere you can legally drive it at that speed.

>Banned Practically Nowhere
It's illegal to operate a vehicle anywhere that isn't your personal property or a road.
>>
>>30000632
>Cars are extensively regulated though. Guns should be as well. And honestly, pools and stairs should be as well.
fuck off bk2reddit cunt
>>
>>30002709
What specialty are you going into?

She (FP) cusses at least once a week she is going leave medicine as soon as we clear the debt...
long hours, not much autonomy and regulation on top of regulation. If she had spent as much into a business degree she would of had a much better life style and more time for herself.

In her residency she had 36 hour days on a regular basis. In the first year of her practice she had lots of 14 -18 hour days.
She puts up with stuff I could not simply do...
>>
>>30003028
What are off road vehicles?
>>
>>30003028
Private property has no speed limits, nor does any designated area made for the purpose of using it at those speeds
>>
>>30003289
I finished residency in internal medicine. I've got a year left in my pulmonary/critical care fellowship. I got my dream fellowship but I'm still just tapped out by this whole thing. It's really inhuman. I'd definitely feel like I'm shaving years off my life.
>>
>>30003028
racetracks and private land you commie faggot

>it's illegal to...
no, it is a civil offense. Forget your CC on your hip and go to the courthouse? No more getting arrested by overzealous cops, they just write you a ticket.
>>
File: 1458586908527.jpg (99 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1458586908527.jpg
99 KB, 640x640
>>29999537
>gary mauser
kek
>>
>>30003354
I'll add that family practice is a tough field. I don't understand why general practicioners are paid so poorly and not given enough respect. They have to tackle literally the broadest areas of medicine.
>>
>>30003387

Its even weirder that he's anti gun.
>>
>>30003354
IMOHO not a bad choice. Get used to ICU's.... Hope you hook up with a good practice.

I'm the invisible support person in your future, I am a laboratory supervisor/LIS guy. Courtesy of the wife I'm fairly social with the MDs in my hospital. It should get better once you clear the fellowship. You are in the home stretch.

As long as US does not become single payer you should be doing pretty good. With a good group you will have defined work schedule a full time biller and that helps bunches. If you are hospitalist type you can keep more of what you earn.
>>
>>30003532
Thank you! I will admit I like the shift aspect of ICU work, and it's easier to get motivated to treat septic shock over a guy whining about his back pain jonesing for narcotics. I definitely wouldn't get far without the help of lab supervisors. With EMR if you don't find the right keyword it can be impossible to find the exact lab order I want if I need some obscure test done. This is to say nothing of the times I need to pretty please the lab into cooking something for me with a quickness.
>>
>>30001929
>ER emergency anecdotes and muh student loans ;_; means my job couldn't be done by a "add to cart" button on webmd.com

Maybe I'm giving the average person too much credit, but literally every time I've been to the doctor in the past 5 years I've been paying a copay for the privilege to sit in his shitty lounge, tell him what I already know is wrong with me, answer the Y/N symptom questions I already did myself on the internet, confirm it's the problem I already knew I had, then get a prescription for the meds I already researched because I can't get them myself.

the family practice doctor simply doesn't need to exist anymore and wouldn't but for your cabal with pharmaceutical companies and the government.

We're probably one or two decades away from a straight up Autodoc for those "ER emergencies" and most surgeries, so GG paying back that half a mil of loans m8.
>>
>>30003826
Just because your 22 year old ass is upset your doctor refills your insulin and tells you to quit being so fat doesn't mean he has a much broader array of tasks he has to do with his other patients.

No. Medicine cannot be automated at this time. Stop being a fucking moron.
>>
>>30000784
>evolution
This sounds awful no matter what you think of the issue.
>>
>>30001929
If you, as a doctor, go work for a different hospital, will you have to start over at beginners pay? Because that is how it is with pilots
>>
>>30003028
Well, there is of course, parking lots, trails, national parks, private parks, theme parks, camp grounds, places like sand dunes, mud bogs, malls, pretty much every where there isn't something physically stopping you from driving.

In fact you can legally drive anywhere you are not damaging by being there
>>
>>30003387
Scary stuff, that's a gun. Its just used for murder.

>sarcasm
>>
>>30004130
You can buy every med online, it's just illegal.
>>
>>30000000
>>
>>30000738
Car control would be limiting gas tank size, engine displacement, and maximum rpms

it would be fucking retarded
>>
>>30004130
It will be in the next 50 years or so.
Medical error is a huge cause of death so there bounds to be some form of automationon the horizon.
>>
>>30004252
You may, it depends on what private group you join and what arrangement is made. A lot of the income is based on the productivity you're generating plus or minus other incentives. In essence, an apples to oranges comparison.
>>
File: tumblr_mrh2rnZ5OY1rbxmy6o1_500.png (575 KB, 500x532) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mrh2rnZ5OY1rbxmy6o1_500.png
575 KB, 500x532
>>29998983
Masculinity is toxic and violent towards women. The US, where these statistics are drawn from, has an exceptionally toxic and violent culture, and misogynistic by the standards of the secular world. Typical US gun culture is even more toxic, violent, and misogynistic than the mainstream.

The solution is to purge masculinity, US culture, and US gun culture, and while we're at that, pic related.
>>
>>30005140
It's automated in the sense I can refill your medication and your local pharmacy knows to fill the Med instantly. If by automation you mean: the computer will
Know you started hemodialysis last year and your ck is rising on sim astatine so it will automatically discontinue it because there's no mortality benefit In that specific patient population. Lolno good luck with that.
>>
File: 1447641500648.gif (537 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1447641500648.gif
537 KB, 480x270
>>30000723
I don't remember the constitutional amendment about the inalienable right to car ownership for the purposes of free travel.

>mfw anon decides he must be smarter than the founders of the republic and should impose his values on the rest of society, 'cause, you know, he knows better than everybody else
>>
>>29999068
that roman graffiti site was prety cool .
>>
>>30003826
I'm no longer surprised when healthcare providers ask if I'm a med student and if something is serious enough for me to go to the doctor or require a prescription medication, I'm damn sure that I want someone who *actually* knows their shit checking my working knowledge and Google-fu.

Like someone else talked about, you're paying for knowledge base, experience, pattern recognition. DESU, if you actually knew as much as you think you do, you wouldn't be so cocky and recognize actual expertise when it's in front of you.

Blame the bureaucrats and legislators and investors, not the people actually helping your ass.
>>
>>30002305
Not him, but maybe that it's not disproportionate amounts of white people?
>>
>>29998983
Men are much more likely to be murdered than women, guns or not.
>>
>>29998983
I also don't believe that the nra sold that target, source that from something thats not a left wing rag.
>>
>>29998983
>zombie target
>because it happens to have tits it's obviously an "ex girlfriend" target and misogyny
The mental gymnastics these people pull are astounding.
>>
>>30005302
>Implying that would even be a complex computer program
>>30004130
>Much broader array of tasks
That you conveniently can't name beyond "I have X symptom plz help" and getting it right on the third try?

>It paying for skill bruv
Doctors get the bronze metal at killing people m8 at 400k a year. But as many as 3/4 of hospital errors go unrecorded, so there is a good chance doctors kill more people each year than heart disease AND cancer combined.

The idea that doctors are infallible or even reasonably skilled is laughable.
>>
>>30001274
>I suppose I consider myself a socialist.

Exactly. You cannot hide. Your stupid political positions reveal you.
>>
>>30005761
it was most likely a company exhibiting at the convention that was selling it. it looks like all their other zombie targets but this time with boobs
>>
>>30001527

I was right, though. Socialists and communists are like rats. They are predictable.
>>
Study which the article cited says this:

"In 56.2 percent of the cases no specific signs of resistance were noted.
Attempted resistance(By the victim?) was reported in 184 cases (43.8 percent).
In 21 of these (5.0 percent) the victim unsuccessfully attempted to use a gun in self-defense.
Four were shot by police acting in the line of duty.
The rest were killed by another member of the household or a private citizen acting in self-defense.
Fifteen victims (3.6 percent) were killed under legally excusable circumstances."

"The rest(37.8%) were killed by another member of the household or a private citizen acting in self defense."
"37% killed in self defense."
"3.6% legally excusable circumstances"

I'm wondering if this article is full of shit. Can someone explain, or is this article just full of shit? Self Defense is legally justified.
There have been at times distinctions between justified and excusable homicides. But they give no such distinctions in the study.

Quote from legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com: "Excusable homicide is sometimes distinguished from justifiable homicide on the basis that it involves some fault on the part of the person who ultimately uses deadly force. For instance, if a person provokes a fight and subsequently withdraws from it but, out of necessity and in self-defense, ultimately kills the other person, the homicide is sometimes classified as excusable, rather than justifiable. Generally, however, the distinction between justifiable homicide and excusable homicide has largely disappeared, and only the term justifiable homicide is widely used."

Perhaps they are using this vague distinction as a way of getting around the fact that 37.8% of the cases of the study's homicide victims were killed in justifiable self defense.

This is the problem with homicide statistics. It lumps in self-defense with murders and manslaughter.
>>
>>30000731
>some of her exes are felons
how can a man have so little self respect?
>>
>>30005298
(You)
>>
>>30000723
>written

4473s are all in my imagination?
>>
>>30005808
Complex? That's literally one of potentially dozens of medical decisions a doctor has to make in any given medical encounter. I doubt a computer is going to be able to make the determination that patient X is going to be no compliant with Med B since it requires taking it 3 times a day so instead will give inferior Med C because it's once a day and doing that will lead to a better outcome for this specific patient. A computer can't perform a bedside exam to determine a patient's hemodialysis access is infected and should be removed. It certainly won't perform the procedure to insert a new access as well. Your self reported algorithm also fails because patients are often not aware of many clinically significant signs or symptoms of their disease.

I don't fault you for thinking this way, but it does highlight your lack of medical training.
>>
>>29998983
I'm sure having rat poison in your house makes a man 270% more likely to be a victim of poisoning by his spouse too.
>>
>>30001009
Tiny violin. I'm playing it for ya, brah.
>>
File: 1461335046706.jpg (35 KB, 313x286) Image search: [Google]
1461335046706.jpg
35 KB, 313x286
>>29998983
Jesus christ the comments. I wish I could just forget these people existed.

Is there no cure for this?
>>
>>29999023

Fun story:

>I love guns
>"compassionate liberal" sister hates them
>her husband doesn't like them either
>They bring it up occaisonally, and I tell them pools are more dangerous.
>They get a pool at the 2nd house in the country (yeah, limousine liberals)
>Two years ago, they're chilling in pool with neighbor.
>Everyone has to leave, pool time over
>next day, my two nieces go to pool, neighbor dead at the bottom.
>looks like he went back in after they left, got drunk, drowned.
>Their pool has a higher body count then my guns.
>Haven't talked about guns since.
>>
>>30008793
Brilliant. I bet cranberry sauce never tasted so so good.
>>
>>30000725
What is the solution though? Tobacco is disgusting but I don't think it should be outlawed or restricted, people should be able to use it if they decide to.
>>
File: cucked_hard.jpg (38 KB, 657x211) Image search: [Google]
cucked_hard.jpg
38 KB, 657x211
>>30002703
>sell without government fee
i wish that bullshit were true in washington state. fuck having to pay use tax on an ffl transfer, or buying a used car out of state.
>>
>>29999062
I do have one, an aunt of mine.

Her husband got off his meds, attacked her, and she got her gun and shot him.

The end.
>>
>>30000723
You can drive all you want on your own property without a license.
>>
>>30008658
So a nurse practitioner running an autodoc
>Implying any of what you just said would be hard to make a computer do
I don't fault you for thinking that way, bit it does highlight your lack of computer science training.
>Still REEEEing about active care, that thing done by nurses, when the day to day work of a doctor is being a less accurate version of WebMD
>>
>>30000837

Women who are 10/10 appreciate decent grammar.
>>
>>30000731
Godspeed to her. So many don't 'get' that their protection is their responsibility
>>
>>29999062
>Someday you'll have a woman in your life who is a survivor of domestic or sexual violence,

Probably not. Victims are bred, usually from a very young age*. And predators know how to pick them out of a crowd. So do I, which results in my running the other way very fast.

*I used to listen to Love Line. Dr Drew and Adam Carolla. Women would call in with tales of abuse and violence. Drew would ask what happened to them when they were 5 years old and invariably there was a back story.
>>
File: 1463183337912.jpg (29 KB, 385x395) Image search: [Google]
1463183337912.jpg
29 KB, 385x395
>>29998983
correlation does not equal causation. people who own guns are more likely to die violently because a lot of people who fear for their lives buy guns
>>
>>29998983
I think the target is in extremely poor taste, but I support its right to exist (even if only because anyone who buys one is someone I don't want to be friends with so it's good as a litmus test). I mean, how many bleeding non-zombie male dummies are out there?

The only reason anyone is upset is because men are hardwired to want to protect women.
>>
>>30012150
LOL, you're out of your fucking mind if you're going to let an np put a central line in your neck. Enjoy your stroke you edgy faggot. May we should've sent some MPs to obtain bin laden too.
>>
>actually increases by 270% when a gun is kept inside the house
thats pretty misleading. its implying that the GUN is what makes theses odds go up. the ( probable ) reality is that people who live in dangerous places are more likely to own guns.

You could argue fire extinguishers increase the households odds of dying in a horrible fire by whatever percent, but thats because your vastly more likely to find one in a home where fires are common.
Or homes with flood insurance are vastly more likely to be flooded....because of the flood insurance...not because its, floodvalley.
>>
>>30012150
>does highlight your lack of computer science training
weve tried this. it dosent work. for starters, computers cant see as well as a 4 year old child.
>>
>>30001171
>Okay, McCarthy.
>>
>>30016459
>implying McCarthy did anything wrong
>>
>>30003826
>webmd gets "add to cart" button.
>Cancer meds sales go up 100 fold.
>>
>>30016459

Did you see the end result, though? I was right.
>>
>>30003354
>>30002565
>>30001929
This is why I became a surgeon (specializing in thoracic surgery, mostly doing cardio-pulmonary and cancer related stuff these days). I've seen and felt a lot of the extra bullshit that primary care physicians and I would rather avoid drama (!) and try to directly effect change in the body.

For the first 4 years after and during residency I was eating ramen and stealing free fruit and pizza from the break room. I couldn't even afford my own apartment until a couple years ago because I was $345k in debt.
>>
>>30004130
Fun story on this note:
I'm type 1 diabetic. Have been for 23 years now.
I have on a few occasions been denied insulin by my doctor because I missed a single appointment.

I usually have some reserve lying around for just such an occasion, but I'd be lying if I hadn't ever wondered why a doctor even needs to be directly involved that level of my medical care. My type 1 isn't going away, and there will never be a time when I no longer require insulin.

Not sure if this is really relevant to anything, just felt like sharing.
>>
>>29999062
well, if i ever have a woman in my life who is a survivor of domestic or sexual violence, that just means i didn't try hard enough
>>
>>30000632
>Cars are extensively regulated though.
Not any more than firearms.

There's no NICS check for the purchase of a car, and in many states (including mine) one is not required to carry registration or insurance for a motor vehicle that isn't being driven on public roads.
>>
>>30001929
You're lying.

Source: I'm a pilot. My father is a doctor.
>>
>>30000726
And they still kill more people than firearm's, such a shame right?
>>
>>29999053
kekd
>>
>>30000415
>Wayne LaPierre and jeebus targets

Shut up and take my money
>>
>>29998983
Can i get one that screams when i fuck it?
>>
>>29998983
Then maybe women should stop being bitchy sluts and less of them would get shot.
>>
>>30007013
?
Thread replies: 188
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.