[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Swissfag here. There have been several crimes in Switzerland
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (546 KB, 1065x713) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
546 KB, 1065x713
Swissfag here.

There have been several crimes in Switzerland where some people will ring your doorbell and when you open the door they force them selves inside the house, tie you up and rob the place.

There was even a psychopath recently that killed 4 people by doing something similar.

So anyways. How would you react in a situation like this?

How can you even protect yourself when you open the door and people barge in?
>>
Are they just overpowering people without a weapon? If that's the case then you would probably be okay keeping a knife on you around the house and if they try shit shank them.
>>
>>29998002
You come to the door armed and make sure to get a good look outside too. If you see multiple people, you should be very suspicious. If you're not expecting anything and you're feeling nervous, you can always not open the door. If it's really that important they'll probably come back later.
>>
>>29998002
Thumbs are an excellent weapon when you drive them into a person's eyes. But I keep a Mossberg 500 near my door anyway, and I have a chain to prevent people from just forcing it open easily.
>>
Simple, don't open the door.
>>
>>29998017
Some say they are armed.
>>
Unless I know who's outside, I never answer the door without a handgun in my pocket.

>inb4 crazy

I live out in the country, so I don't get unexpected visitors very often.
>>
>>29998002
>How can you even protect yourself when you open the door
>when you open the door

REEEEEE
>>
Don't open the door?

Who says you need to open the door? And why do you not always answer a door with a gun on you?
>>
>>29998002
Don't open the door if you aren't expecting anyone.
>>
>>29998002
Look through the window first and always have a weapon on the hand behind the door (for instance holding a handgun or a rifle)
>>
>>29998002
that crime wasn't about the moneay though
that asshole was a kiddy diddler

>source i live where in said town

as for defence against such an attack: look through the peep hole of the door before opening
>>
>>29998002
Not much you can do, go to the gym and get big.
>>
>>29998002
Who is the fellow in the image you have graciously provided?
>>
File: hellomrtaxman.jpg (50 KB, 841x364) Image search: [Google]
hellomrtaxman.jpg
50 KB, 841x364
>>29998002

answer the door like this, anyone who comes over calls first.
>>
File: door_guard__69060_zoom.jpg (58 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
door_guard__69060_zoom.jpg
58 KB, 640x640
Don't think these would hold up to two or more guys who don't care about making a lot of noise but it would buy some time.

I'm sure you can find heavy duty ones with more anchor points
>>
>>29998167
Those things are actually surprisingly strong.
>>
>use a peephole
>cameras
>don't open door for strangers
>you have no obligation to recognize uninvited, unexpected, unknown guests
>ask who are you and what do you want before you open the door.
>call the police, give them your address, tell them that people are trying to enter your house
>approach the door with a weapon in your hand
>>
Install one of those door chains or use the peephole.
>>
>>29998002
I think I'm good on this one.

The place is live in is a house that's been split in to two flats, I'm in the upstairs one. There's no intercom or remote access, so absolutley everyone who comes here calls me when they're outside, at which point I open the window and throw them my keys so they can let themselves in.

An unexpected knock on the door would make me a bit suspicious to start with. However, with the way this place was built I can look out of my living room window and see my front door and all of the driveway, so if someone came here with malicious intentions I don't actually have to put myself in harm's way just to find out what's happening.

If that part fails or I screw it up, there's a peep hole in the door, also a chain.

If that bit goes wrong too then the last line of defence is Sprocket, my alsatain. Every time he hears something outside he goes straight to DEFCON1 and tries to break the door down to get at whatever/whoever it is. If they did manage to get the door open though I'd be fucked at that point, because even though he's really good at the whole "woof bark woof" thing, if a burglar got in Sprock would just roll over and wait for a belly rub.
>>
>>29998002
>How can you even protect yourself when you open the door and people barge in?
Just to put emphasis on what others have already said. Why the fuck would you open the door to random people, unarmed and without question?
>>
I don't open the door unless I've got a gun on me, ever.
>>
>>29998002
>Swissfag here

Question neutralfag... has there been ANY uptick in the price of private purchase GP11?

Murica is in a state of "bummer, no GP11"
>>
I look out the window/peephole (Live inna apartment with two doors to the front.)

If I don't know them, I just watch and see if they leave. If they act weird, I go get muh gun.
Now, if I dun goof'd and opened the door, well shit. I guess I'd try to slam the door onto them and bolt for muh gunz. Or try to press the door closed while my fiance mag dumps through the window or hands me Svenka, my trusty Saiga.

If I'm home alone, I'm probably fucked though. I guess I'd scream, a lot. And hope my neighbors like me enough to call police or come help. I'd try to get to my guns. But it may fuck me over since if they caught me...they'd know where the guns were.
>>
Related: how can I secure a door with a huge window? My roomate sells drugs so unsavory sorts know where we live. They don't know about my guns thankfully.
>>
>>29998528
You get a door that doesn't have a window.
>>
>>29998528
Contact cops, get C.I money for keeping tabs on dealer roomie ( they can pick up his customers after they leave, easy arrest). while having a get out of jail free card.
>>
>>29998555
Landlord would throw a fit.
>>
>>29998603
But I love drugs anon
>>
>>29998608
For getting a better door? Why?
>>
I have a security screen door which I keep locked at all times, and I just open the wooden door behind it to talk to the person.
>>
>>29998002

Romand Lawfag here,
you're good as long as you say your life was threatened.
Art 15 cum art 16 al 2 CP.
>>
I use cctv that cover all of my property, & some of the road. That, combined with my intercom, gives me a fair assessment of who is actually at my door. I also keep a .45 close to the door.
>>
>>29998528
bars or a grate. If you live in a shithole it'll fit right in
>>
>>29998002
>swissfag here
Just get a gun, Switzerland is pretty free about that.
Also don't open to strangers.
And if you do, hold a gun in your hand when you open the door and shoot when even their pinky toe steps on your property
>>
>>29998002
Do swissfags not have chain locks? They let you open the door enough to talk to someone but the door cannot be opened from the outside. Sure they might be able to break it sooner or later but they're not going to be able to do it immediately giving you time to go get your gun (or baseball bat spiked with nails, if your live in a cuck country)
>>
>>29998002

>knock knock
>hello!?
>hey we hav uh, sum biznuss opportunity for ya, fo biznuss ya no?
>shoot them through door

Easy.
>>
>>29998438
Not op but gp11 is as cheap as always over here
>>
>>29998603
>>29998620

Yeah that's also a really good way to get your flim-flam tim-tammed if he's gang affiliated.
>>
>>29998002
Nothing new, I've heard of people doing that shit years ago in France. They usually do that to old people, and often dress as cops, mailmen, etc to get easier entry.
You can't do shit about it once you've opened. Just don't open.
>>
This >>29998788 but if you can't keep a wedge by the door and put it under before opening it, when they try to force themselves in they'll be stopped or at least slowed down. Also keep a gun, spear or machete by the door and chop/ stab at them.
>>
>>29998184
It's the chain ones that suck. Too much slack lets the door build up too much momentum, and the thin links can't take it. That system, assuming it's not pot metal and the screws are a decent length and going into solid wood, is pretty tough.
>>
>>29998528
Move out
>>
>>29998002
>Swissfag here.

get out your government issued machine gun, flip the giggle switch, and end the threat.
>>
>>29998002
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EZ5Retot5A
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.