[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Home defense thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (195 KB, 1280x823) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
195 KB, 1280x823
What is the best caliber for home defense, /k/? Is there actually anything wrong with 9mm considering most dindu crooks don't wear plate carriers? Is over penetration a meme?
>>
Best caliber is the one with a flashlight mounted on it for positive target identification.
>>
>best caliber

The one you like.

>9mm

Whatever dude. Just use it.

>Over penetration

Not a meme. Especially with 9mm. If you magdump someone and miss...or even if you don't it's going to go through a wall or two. And even though you're probably a kissless virgin who lives alone, shooting the computer, tv, dog, life size My Little Pony rocking horse, whatever in the next room is something you may want to avoid.
>>
>>29988530

>over penetration
9mm has around 30 inches of penetration
whereas 45 is around 20 inches
>>
>>29988530
>Is over penetration a meme?
Yes, once a bullet hits a wall or person it will deform and the trajectory will change. Its not like your 9mm round is going to laser gun through the wall and kill someone 6 counties over. It is more likely that the round will fishhook after going through the guy and end up in the floor, ceiling,etc.
>>
File: image.jpg (975 KB, 3000x2250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
975 KB, 3000x2250
Would .22lr be a better option then? I've been looking at the PMR30
>>
>>29988999
PMR-30 is .22 magnum, not LR
>>
>>29989053
o shit lad that's what I meant, been hanging in too many sr22 threads
>>
.40 S&W or .45 acp

.410 2-1/2 works well to
>>
>>29988999
PMR30 is a dumbass' gun. .22 LR is good for killing rabbits and small birds. .22 Magnum is good for killing rabbits and small birds for 10x the price. The reason the magnum cartridge exists is because 22lr is to weak to blow the slide back and eject the round in a pistol.

t. I own an AMT .22 magnum and it's retarded. I inherited it from my father.
>>
>>29988530
Paratrooper .30 M1 carabine (foldable stock)for now, will move to something both smaller and something else bigger in cases of need (Walther PP/ Luger and Maverick 88 or Mossberg 500)
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.