[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whats up /k/, /tv/ visitor here. Question; So I'm watching
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 9
File: blairwitch.png (670 KB, 1280x723) Image search: [Google]
blairwitch.png
670 KB, 1280x723
Whats up /k/, /tv/ visitor here. Question; So I'm watching the Blairs witch and I imagine majority of you live near the woods. In your time hunting/hiking you guys ever come across some weird shit or hair raising situations where you just felt something isn't right or you should turn around?

Or ever come across something abandon in the middle of nowhere or even a weird hiker?
>>
>>29983143
I've come across abandoned huts/cabins in the woods before. Nothing too creepy in them though, besides the general creepiness of it being abandoned and disheveled.

Never come across any cult shit or strange people, just the occasional hunter or kids romping through the woods.

Also, Blair Witch is fucking terrible. Waste your time watching something better.
>>
>>29983169
>>Blair Witch is fucking terrible

Nigger I live in Maryland that movie made me not wanna go hiking as a kid.

But to OP>>29983143

I actually went to burkittsville once and I came across some Blair witch fans while camping with my buds. Some of them are some pretty odd folk.
>>
>>29983194
>Nigger I live in Maryland that movie made me not wanna go hiking as a kid.

Okay. So it scared a child. That doesn't mean it's a good film. Have you rewatched it recently?
>>
>>29983220
It's kinda like Star Wars. Nobody remembers that before Star Wars science fiction movies were just people running around in tinfoil suits shooting lightning out of dish-shaped rays guns with awful electronic music in the background.

Blair Witch was the first of its kind. Nobody had ever seen a first-person camcorder movie before. And yes, it scared the hell out of us.
>>
I wouldn't worry about it.
>>
>>29983143
>I imagine majority of you live near the woods. In your time hunting/hiking you guys ever come across some weird shit or hair raising situations where you just felt something isn't right or you should turn around?
Nigger do you even know where you are?
>>
>>29983283
>was the first of its kind

I'd say Cannibal Holocaust was the first of the kind.

>Nobody remembers that before Star Wars science fiction movies were just people running around in tinfoil suits

Sure, but that doesn't mean that both Star Wars and the films preceding it can't be criticized according to their own merit, not just because "It's STAR WARS!". The Blair Witch Project was unique, but it is greatly lacking as a film. Literally zero rewatchability.
>>
I found an old guy burying something once. I saw that and turned 360 and walked away. still have no idea what it was.
>>
>>29983169
>terrible
its better than any other domestic horror movie made in the last 20 years
>>
>>29983143
If I get killed by some spooky shit I can't go back home and shitpost about it on /k/.
>>
>>29983388
You cant consider the lone merits of a film if it had impact on the industry as a whole, you have to consider the impact.
Clockwork Orange had a huge impact on the representation of violence in tv/film and, even though the violence is incredibly subdued and even cartoony by today's standards, it deserves special mention when critiquing the film as it currently stands.
Blair Witch changed the way horror movies are made. It POPULARIZED how certain movies would be made. It had significant impact and still maintains an incredibly tense atmosphere throughout despite an extremely limited budget.
I'd say Blair Witch is a good film.
>>
>>29983619

I wouldn't worry about it.
>>
File: image.jpg (15 KB, 236x290) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15 KB, 236x290
I've personally never run across anything particularly /x/ worthy, but I've been considering trying to fuck with people around my property innawoods. I have an old deer skull that my uncle's dog dug up years ago, I figured I would build a wooden frame and pick up a shitty black Halloween robe and putting pic related together in the forest. I'd set it just off the road so that it's possible to miss but not hard to notice, have it so it's sort of lurking just at the tree line.

It would be great fun to freak rednecks and poachers out.
>>
>>29983686
>It would be great fun to freak rednecks and poachers out.

Or get shot by some crazy evangelicals doing the lawdz work.
>>29983143
Usually the scariest thing in the woods is /k/. Traps, cross dressers, fags, ex military that post on 4chan, random old guys, and disgruntled teens that all own guns and love memes in the woods scares me more than the abandoned houses I've come across.
>>
>>29983714

Meh I live in Canada. Our rednecks are just drunken Frenchies and Natives. Besides I'll just bring my K31 to do Satan's work just as the Swiss intended it to do.
>>
>>29983714
>look at all these hip young jokesters with their memes, gay sex, and second amendment rights
>>
i found a tranquilizer dart one time deep as fuck innawoods. got the fuck out of there before i ended up in cletus's cellar.
>>
>>29983714

>not wanting to rescue a qt trap from the woods and being rewarded with boipussy

Are you some kind of fag?
>>
>>29983143
Yes on all accounts, but when you look back on it I'd say there was nothing to worry about, friend.
>>
>>29983725
No I just realize that truth is stranger than fiction and I'm transphobic. I got called that today by a lesbian so I'm certified.
>>29983735
I'm sure there's a fetish club near you that could set that up.
>>
Never got lost in the woods.

But I would love to know the adrenaline! :/
>>
>>29983143
>In your time hunting/hiking you guys ever come across some weird shit or hair raising situations where you just felt something isn't right or you should turn around?

I've come across some legitimately weird shit once.

>Big open field near my friend's house
>We're wandering around it for the hell of it
>Find a small cluster of trees with a dirt path through them
>There's very minimal breeze, no clouds and nice full moon
>Shafts of moonlight through the trees
>Suddenly a beam is interrupted
>Trees aren't moving
>Don't hear anything moving
>The next beam of light is also interrupted
>Uhh...
>To top it off, a beam of moonlight appears ahead of me where it wasn't before
>Nope nope
>>
>>29983856
>whats a bird?
>a living creature which commonly populates the trees and is able to obscure light?
>fuck on outta here man creepy xeno shit goin on here boi
>>
File: image.jpg (66 KB, 500x503) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66 KB, 500x503
>>29983143
This ain't /x/, bitch. Supernatural shit has no meaning here. If any of my fellow fucking /k/ommandos ever sees this Blair-Witch-Bitch, you're expected to fuck her up with a mixture of small arms fire and hand to hand combat. No quarter, no prisoners. That goes for all supernatural critters and beings: Squatch, Witch, Wendigo - if it ain't natural and you see it innawoods, it's your duty to kill it, fuck it, bag it, and tag it and make millions off selling its corpse to science. People are always scared of shit innawoods, and I think it's about time shit innawoods was afraid of us.
>>
>>29983892

>Bird
>Large enough to obscure moonlight through trees
>Implying they would do so in the middle of the fucking night when they should be sleeping
>>
File: 1437867940593.jpg (98 KB, 596x960) Image search: [Google]
1437867940593.jpg
98 KB, 596x960
>>29983924
>it's your duty to kill it
>>
>>29983925
What do you think it was, senpai? Aliens?
>>
>Spooky 10 year old dead girl coming out of my TV
>4 shots CoM with some buffalo bore high grain 10mm put that bitch back on the Lifetime network

>Giant fucker with a kitchen knife, leather mask, and a bitchin' soundtrack is trying to stalk me down
>3 high brass rifled 12 gauge slugs and he's missing half his rib cage

Spooky shit never happens to gun owners. Supernatural fags afraid of heat desu.
>>
File: WH40k eldar rape.jpg (634 KB, 1202x2914) Image search: [Google]
WH40k eldar rape.jpg
634 KB, 1202x2914
>>29983924
>it's your duty to kill it, fuck it, bag it, and tag it
>it is your duty to fuck it
>>
>>29983982

Obviously not a fucking monkey, and I really doubt it was a bird. I'd give a nod to raccoons if I thought they were dead silent ninjas
>>
>>29983925

You ever heard of an owl son?
>>
>>29984009

Owls are big and make noise.
>>
>>29984003
Did you have a fun? Could you have opened fire?
>>
>>29983774
>Certified Shitlord
Can I get this on a bumper sticker?
>>
>>29983283
>Nobody had ever seen a first-person camcorder movie before
Fuck blair witch for making this popular though

At first it was kind of a neat perspective, not it just seems lazy because everyone is fucking doing it
>>
>>29984023
If you fund it I'll buy it.
>>
>>29983924
You be nice to Sasquatch. He's just lonely and bored.
>>
>>29984009
That doesn't exist.
>>
>>29984133

Them skycats is real I tell you.
>>
>Following a creek off the beaten path once.
>Found a tarp made into a shelter. Camp fire ring with bottles around it.
>Went to defcon 2.
>Was either a hobo camp or a party spot for kids.
No big deal.

Uncle had a good one though.
>Deep inna Mark Twain National Forest.
>Come across car
>It's running.
>Windows were duct taped
>Noped out
Was almost certainly a murder or suicide
>>
File: 1460788755579.jpg (86 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1460788755579.jpg
86 KB, 640x640
>>29983283
>Nobody remembers that before Star Wars science fiction movies were just people running around in tinfoil suits shooting lightning out of dish-shaped rays guns with awful electronic music in the background.

what is 2001 a space odyssey? '68
>>
>>29983143
>you just felt something isn't right
Yes. Then again, I live in an areas where animals are still a thing, and have doubtless been watched by a hungry fuck more than once.
>or you should turn around?
Never. If it's an animal, fuck you. I am the top of the fucking food chain, and if you try to eat me, I will kill you, wear your skin, and eat your muscles.

If it's a person, they're not going to be able to sneak up on me in the woods.
>>
File: 20150826_125232.jpg (4 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20150826_125232.jpg
4 MB, 3264x2448
Many of the hollows in my area are said to haunted, lots of stories of demons and hellhounds and shit. Of course those are just allegorical warnings not to go into said hollows because you're likely to stumble across outlaws up to no good. This area was big into moonshine production back in the day.

Of course there are also caves, sinkholes, old mines and various other dangers in these woods so they're not exactly harmless, but the only thing that ever really worries me is other humans and generally have them outgunned and see the coming first.

Pic is the remains of a large prohibition-era still.
>>
>>29983924
Are you fucking new? /k/ scary story threads are a fucking staple.

And the actor in your pic is anti gun ad fuck, I don't care about the character he plays.
>>
Personally I think the worst you can come across in a forest is another guy himself scared shitless of what weirdness he may come across and that he'd be eager to shoot first.
>>
>>29984230
Fuck off, fag. Go back to /x/ and take your shit faggot posting out to your schizo board. I don't like you stupid mentally ill fucks discussing this kind of shit on a firearms board.
>>
/k/ - Movies
>>
File: landshark.jpg (32 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
landshark.jpg
32 KB, 600x600
>>29984157
They keep you watching the skies, you won't be able to pay attention to what lurks under the ground...
>>
File: 1444940901830.png (269 KB, 342x328) Image search: [Google]
1444940901830.png
269 KB, 342x328
>>29984244
No, >>29984230 is right you are new as fuck. /k/ has had spoopy threads for years. Michael Gross is a shit actor. The new Tremors was god awful. How about not posting in threads you don't like?
>>
>>29984015

Actually they're almost completely silent, that's how they are so good at hunting at night.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.