[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone know of a good place to buy Oriental weapons? So I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: AH-3342.png (137 KB, 850x850) Image search: [Google]
AH-3342.png
137 KB, 850x850
Anyone know of a good place to buy Oriental weapons?

So I'm looking into buying a sword or something and I've been trying to find something cool. I looked at Kult of Athena and they have some nice European swords but I also wanted to look at something more oriental.
>>
>>29980943

Don't fucking get a katana.
>>
>>29980943
Kult of Athena has a pretty good selection of asian swords. What was missing?
>>
>>29980943
This one looks pretty badass.
http://kultofathena.com/product.asp?item=TFW019B&name=Chinese+Jian+with+blackened+metal+scabbard+hanger+fittings
>>
File: kukri.jpg (101 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
kukri.jpg
101 KB, 1200x1200
>>29980960 here, and that wasn't meant to sound dickish by the way. Just don't get a katana or anything that even vaguely looks like a katana. It's so over done and anybody who sees it is just going to see another weeaboo mall ninja.
Be better than that, OP. >>29981044 has the right idea.

Since the thread is up, does anybody know where to get a good kukri knife? I know I'll never use it in any practical situation, but I'd still like something better than a $20 mall ninja quality blade. Any recommendations?
>>
>>29981102
I don't have any hate or even mild dislike for katanas, but I'd go with Chinese swords over Japanese ones simply because the Chinese have had a much richer and more extensive martial history against more varied challenges than the Japanese had, at least back when swords mattered..
>>
The problem I'm having is finding a site that sells usable Chinese weapons.
>>
>>29981411

I think trueswords.com has some, but there's a LOT of mall ninja garbage to wade through.
>>
>>29980960
Katana are hands down the most aesthetic swords out there, let the haters hate.
>>
>>29981453
I agree. Katanas are pretty overdone.
>>
>>29981411
Kult of athena has them
>>
>>29980943
http://bugei.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CB9DfCXb1qs related
>>
File: Cleaver-sword.png (408 KB, 1014x768) Image search: [Google]
Cleaver-sword.png
408 KB, 1014x768
>>29981453
>retarded guard
>retarded oversized handle
>aesthetic
I bet you like anime shit as well.
>>
>>29980943
By Oriental, do you mean strictly east Asia or is the southeast okay too?

>>29981102
>here to get a good kukri
Tora
Kukrihouse
Himalayan Imports

>I know I'll never use it in any practical situation
Why not? Do you not go innawoods often?
>>
>>29984051
Naruto is about punch wizards, so they can get away with stupid impractical weapons.
>>
These guys are pricey, but quality
http://traditionalfilipinoweapons.com/shop/chinese-dan-dao/
>>
>>29984051
Take a look at the vid >>29981969 posted. inb4 "weeaboo cringe"- He's a combat/personal defense expert.

>>29981969
Neat; I carry his pen/flashlight daily. Tried one of his knives once but opening it was a bit difficult with my hand size.It was well made, sturdy ( NO blade play ) and I later learned I couldn't carry it as I wanted legally so I returned it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVRkAEq5Brs
>>
File: Dr Pavel, I'm HEMA.jpg (633 KB, 846x1238) Image search: [Google]
Dr Pavel, I'm HEMA.jpg
633 KB, 846x1238
>>29980943
>oriental weapons
>mfw

If you want something Oriental that bad at least do some research and try to get something historically accurate.
If you want something that looks kinda sorta oriental get a shashka, a cossack sabre. Or a Grosses Messer if you want something somewhat exotic despite being made by white piggu.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.