[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /k/ I wanna get a pellet or bb gun to shoot with my little
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: gr-gg-1903.jpg (62 KB, 640x322) Image search: [Google]
gr-gg-1903.jpg
62 KB, 640x322
Hey /k/ I wanna get a pellet or bb gun to shoot with my little brother in our backyard (He plays too many video games and doesn't understand gun safety) But I also want to make sure I get one that's fairly accurate for target practice and I know regular BB gun's aren't, would an air soft rifle be better (if so that'd be great to hear as I have a soft spot for WW2 era replicas)? what do I get?
>>
File: 1445620649577.jpg (40 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
1445620649577.jpg
40 KB, 413x395
>>
>>29977843
Just get an air rifle if you want something as close to being a firearm without actually being one.
Plus if he ND's into his foot it'll hurt enough to teach him a valuable life lesson.
>>
>>29977843
Go to /sp/ not on /k/ this is for guns.
>>
Get one that can fire lead pellets. Airsoft and BB guns aren't accurate enough and you can't really hunt birds and squirrels with them. I have a Daisy Powerline 880. It can shoot both BBs and pellets and is highly accurate with the pellets. Only about $50 for a full kit with safety glasses and ammo included.
>>
>>29977843
Get a pellet gun so you can also use it to kill squirrels and such.
>>
>>29977953
this desu senpai
>>
>>29977950
Well gun is right there in the name of the thing but okay.
>>29977953
Alright, thank you kindly this is the best suggestion I could have asked for.
>>
I don't think a good brother would feel comfortable subjecting his younger sibling to such a dangerous and harmful hobby.
>>
You don't need to worry much about accuracy if you are just teaching firearm safety. I learned on an old as fuck daisy pump action that wasn't accurate past 20 feet unless you arched your shot, but if your brother isn't a retard it should be enough to transition to a .22 from there.

If you still think accuracy is important, or want to use it for birds/squirrels, then as other anons said, get a pellet gun. Just don't get a no-name Chinese one. They might be nearly free, but they usually are even less accurate than a $30 daisy bb gun, as my 11 year old self discovered with much disappointment.
>>
>>29977999
>paint gun
>grease gun
>paintball gun
>starting gun
>cap gun

Wasted doubledubtrips.
>>
>>29977843
OP, if you want something decent for not a lot, check these out
Crosman 1377
Crosman 760
Daisy 880
>>
File: arsenal.jpg (3 MB, 2449x1792) Image search: [Google]
arsenal.jpg
3 MB, 2449x1792
>>29977843
Not WWII, but close.
Winchester M14 Pellet gun. Semi Auto, holds 8 shots. Made in Japan, super accurate.
They're around $80 on Amazon.
>>
>>29980231
>>29977950
Air rifles and getting into shooting are /k/
>>
>>29977953
>>29977999
This, the powerline is very good to start with.
>>
>>29977843
Get a 760 pump master. Cheap, reliable, he'll come out swollen from pumping and it can kill birds.

Also comes with a scope.
>>
>>29977843
Get an airgun with a rifled barrel that shoots diabolo rounds. It's as accurate you'll get without buying a firearm.
>>
>>29977843
How old are we talking? If he's older than 10 get a real pellet rifle, you can learn pretty much everything about gun handling with them, as they're actual guns that just use compressed air as propulsion. If he's younger maybe a bolt action air soft rifle may suffice.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.