[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Australia is not the answer.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: northamerica.jpg (118 KB, 914x606) Image search: [Google]
northamerica.jpg
118 KB, 914x606
Why does everybody compare of the United States gun control situation with how Australia fix theirs I can't think of a more apples to oranges comparison.
>>
>>29976744
Can you explain how the situations differ?
>>
>>29976753
Because the Auscucks already had all their guns registered and could be easily confiscated.

Something about direct ties to Europe turns people into bootlegging commies.
>>
The difference in population by about 13 times the amount of people. Australia has the strictest Port Authorities of any country. Australia has no bordering countries not to mention no bordering continents. Australia's immigration is the tightest of any country aside from Japan and North Korea. I can go on
>>
>>29976798
Why are you namefagging?

>>29976784
True that
What's aus like with illegal firearms?
>>
>>29976808
Keeps me honest lol
>>
>>29976808
>what's aus like with illegal firearms?

Elaborate. You mean what kinds of guns are illegal there?
>>
>>29976859
No sorry, I mean, does it have any issues with quantities or crimes committed with illegal firearms
>>
>>29976753
Also Australia is super fucking isolated
>>
One country was founded on incarceration and one was based on personal pursuit of freedom?

What both have evolved into is another issue.
>>
>>29976869
I hear there's more illegal guns in circulation than legal ones
>>
>>29976887
Friend from Australia said he knows of a few people that own legal and illegal hand guns. What exactly is the law there? You just have to apply to own a gun or something?
>>
>>29976869
>>29976887
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FH76VoI_hsw
>>
>>29976869
A recent report said that despite banning pretty much all guns, it's had no effect on the crime rate. If fact it might have gone up
>>
>>29976948
Their homicide rate has only gone down slightly (though this stat is down worldwide), and sexual assault is currently higher than it was around the time of the ban.

http://www.aic.gov.au/dataTools/facts/vicViolentRate.html
>>
>>29976753
Australia has a fraction of our population

Australia is an island, we share a thousand mile land border with a country whose government is owned and operated by organized criminals, for organized criminals.

Most of the US doesn't have a registry for some or all kinds of firearms. We've got hundreds of millions of guns here with no idea where most of them are or who owns them.

The most important difference is the land border though.
>>
>>29976808
>>29976887
IIRC there's like 3x as many unregistered guns vs. registered, just going off of how many were sold before that law went into effect and how many are actually on the registry. It was something like 3 million sold before to a million registered.
>>
>>29976744
People who try to compare the US to AUS for the purposes of gun control are typically people who have already decided that they want the US to implement AUSstyle gun control regardless of whether or not it would actually work.
>>
>>29976886
>One country was founded on incarceration and one was based on personal pursuit of freedom?

Not really, convicts stopped being sent to the north American Thirteen Colonies around 1775 because sending more of societies malcontent's into an unstable, rebelling colony was fucking dumb, even for the English. Not coincidentally they started sending convicts to Australia in 1787.
Aside from that, rest of the US is made up of religious Zealots kicked out of Europe for being too obnoxious, lots of former Black slaves they still can't really deal with and Mexicans... which is a recipe for someone getting shot anywhere really.

Culturally, Australia and the US have a lot in common in regards to anglo-saxon origins, their wartime alliances forged in blood- but gun ownership laws and firearms culture has never been one of them
>>
>>29977032
The buy back didn't even get a majority of the guns by any estimate I can find.
>>
>>29976784
They were not all registered pre1996, as to the whole reason there was a fucken amnesty during the fucking gun buy back during 1996-1997, I'm Australian and I agree that The US should not go down the same road as our dictatorous Politicians did.

Australia used to have a massive gun culture pre1970s, when the majority of the population became urbanised and feminists got into education and politics things went to shit.

We have had less than 10 total mass shootings in 115 years of federation and there was a pre-existing downward trend in gun violence before the 1996 NFA.

There are more illegal guns in Australia now than ever and more dangerous people here than ever, but whilst we have a mostly Anti-gun capital city dwelling population, the legislation is going to remain draconian and oppressive to firearms owners of Australia.

I own three rifles and am a member of a pro-firearms ownership political party, not much else I can do.
>>
File: TreeOfLiberty.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
TreeOfLiberty.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>29977158
There's always more you can do.
>>
>>29977175
You mean like how you got NewYork and California to repeal the unconstitutional legislation?

You have the right to bear arms in your constitution and you let this shit happen, we don't have a right to bear arms in Australia, combined with the fact that our current lords in office are the evolution of a British colonial Penal Colonial government, the fact that we have any firearms privileges left at all is a miracle.

Our white ancestors for the most part that built the Australian nation arrived in chains on wooden boats and toiled under the lash, much like your niggers.
>>
>>29977051
Pretty good answer to the why question I had.
>>
>>29976753
The only things AU has in common with the US is overall size and Anglo origins. Everything else is practically a polar opposite situation from one another.
>>
>>29976753
Its a fucking island.
>>
>>29977546
Yeah neither country like watching football, drinking beer, having bbq/cookouts, hot girls in bikinis and surfing at the beach, hunting animals for sport with your kids, driving big cars, eating awesome yet fattening food and trying to keep out welfare leech illegal immigrant scum, whilst inviting the best of the world to gain entry.
>>
>>29977702
>m-muh shared values
Clearly not, now hand in that gun, citizen.
>>
>>29977726
There are heaps of pro-firearms Aussies, just that there is a majority population that lives in the coastal capital cities that for the most part get their gun knowledge from the news and movies, they are also heavy leftists since a lot of them are from left countries.

Even though Australia has a hard stance on illegal immigrants, we have in the tens of thousands immigrating legally each year to a country of some 27 million.
>>
>>29976753
Because the right to keep and bear arms is constitutionally protected unlike the Auscucks
>>
>>29977769
The UK has or had the bill of rights, to protect their rights, including to bear arms iirc
>>
>>29977549
So is the US.
>>
>>29977769
Estimated roughly 500,000+ illegal unregistered firearms in Australia.

Underground UnCucked army.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.