[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does your choice of carry ammo reflect the possibility of being
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: 2012-0404-skeleton.jpg (37 KB, 800x436) Image search: [Google]
2012-0404-skeleton.jpg
37 KB, 800x436
Does your choice of carry ammo reflect the possibility of being used on an obese person or a bodybuilder?
>>
>17+19 rounds of 147gr flat-point FMJ
>your eating and exercising habits are irrelevant when 36 rounds are flying into your chest
>>
Didn't they do a Mythbusters on this? Turns out fat doesn't do shit to stop bullets.
>>
>>29974874
This
>>
>2016
>not carrying FMJ in case of obese niggers
bitch please
>>
>>29974863
no, but I have mixed magazines of Hornady Critical Duty and Critical Defense. I've read that Defense doesn't penetrate as well, especially glass or pretty much anything other than ballistics gel. so maybe clothes and fat or muscles or leather jackets or whatever might stop some of the Defense rounds, too
>first 5 rounds Duty
>next 5 rounds Defense
>some are full of Duty
>some are full of hollow points
>I really need to label these
>>
>>29975130
Wouldn't it be more effective if you switched types every other round?
>>
>>29975182
its easier to count off five rounds so I know where i'm at, at least that's what I told myself when I started doing that
>>
>>29975130

>how to be convicted of manslaughter or worse on the basis of malice aforethought - the post
>>
>>29975130

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJZFZFmBKa0
>>
>>29975235
if someone is charging at me or trying to get in my car or house, I need to be able to stop them.
>armed intruder inside home
>shoot with CDefense
>"pls stahp, ouch"
>shoot with CDuty
>"yes, operator, there is was an armed intruder in my house, send police and coroner"
>>
>>29975273
great video, thanks anon. confirms my suspicions
>>
>>29974863
Yes, my carry ammo consists of a piece of metal with a proportionate amount of smokeless powder behind it. This way, when I fire it, the metal will go into the fat/skinny/ripped/flabby person and incapacitate them.
>>
>>29976036
That sounds like it could potentially be effective.
>>
>>29975340

hes saying the fact that you have autistically mixed ammo in your gun is going to make people think you're a crazy person if it goes to court. like 95% of self defense is preparing for potential lawsuits.
>>
>>29975216

>It's easy for me to count to 5 at the range, under no stress. It's not like I've been in a combat situation ever lolol
>>
>>29976103
"I own multiple types of ammunition and don't store them separate since they are all the same caliber" It's a self defense shooting, as long as he doesn't sperg out about MAXIMUM LETHALITY on the stand, he's fine.
>>
>>29976118
That sure is a lot of implying you got goin on there, bucko.
>>
>>29976103
yeah I get it, I actually bought the stuff before I knew the difference. I've been cycling it out every time I go shooting so I can just use Duty
>>29976118
I've never been in a combat or self defense situation, but I practice drills when I'm shooting. its much easier to keep track of five. I used to have the first round as critical duty and the rest defense, which is also easy to keep track of
>>29976175
this is not me, but I appreciate the sentiment, thanks
>>
>>29974863
It works by ballistic tests. An obese will have it much worse than any normal man.
>>
>>29975235
>candy caned mags are malice aforethought
>carrying a loaded gun concealed totally isn't

That sure makes sense bro, you should come work at my law firm
>>
>>29974863
>an obese person or a bodybuilder?

Obese person - Just run away...

Body Builder - Not a criminal and therefor not a threat...

QED
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.