[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
tell me why i shouldnt buy a px4 storm? Ive only read good reviews
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: px4stormfull_zoom001.jpg (78 KB, 805x600) Image search: [Google]
px4stormfull_zoom001.jpg
78 KB, 805x600
tell me why i shouldnt buy a px4 storm?

Ive only read good reviews about it.

also, hangun thread
>>
If you like the m9 and want something a bit lighter, go for it.

One person who carries one and shoots competitively is Ernest Langdon. This guy is ridiculous with beretta pistols and he wrote a pretty good article on it.

http://www.gunnuts.net/2015/08/17/ernest-langdon-and-the-beretta-px4/

Apparently, it's extremely underrated and overlooked compared to most pistols out in the market. If you're going to get one, get a G Conversion.
>>
>>29971968

No reason why you should ever "not buy a gun"

Here are the reasons you should buy one.

>Rotating bolt (reduced recoil)
>Basically an upgraded and underrated cheetah
>They don't make them anymore, so while there is a huge stock pile once they are out they are out.
>Did I mention underrated? Their asking price is fucking rock bottom. I still see NIB ones going for under $400 at retailers.
>>
>>29972245
>They don't make them anymore

They do dude. They just announced a compact carry model at shotshow 2016. You scared me for a second.
>$400

probably undersirables like .40's and DAO
>>
Hi OP, I own one. It's my EDC and I really enjoy it.

In 9mm the compact has just about zero recoil, can't imagine the full size's recoil.

By and far most of the haters have never touched it before so most of their criticisms are completely invalid.

The slide mounted safety is something most people can't stand but I personally like it since it doubles as a decocker.

It's also dirt cheap and easily customizable, lighter than a paperweight. Easily to field strip, easy to clean, no real flaws to point out.

Don't use low pressure ammo and have fun with your new gun.
>>
File: 1460513799929.png (863 KB, 1000x932) Image search: [Google]
1460513799929.png
863 KB, 1000x932
>>29972145
>PX4 with 7lb DA and 4lb SA

I want to feel that
>>
>>29971968
Just make sure it's not a subcompact, they don't have the rotating barrel.

The safeties could be a little more flush with the slide, but that's a minor complaint. Can't remember if they have one out, or announced a G model, which is nice if you want a decocker only.
>>
File: my face.jpg (392 KB, 2502x3203) Image search: [Google]
my face.jpg
392 KB, 2502x3203
>Read manual before use.

Isn't that enough???
>>
>>29971968
Good gun with a bargain basement price.

There's a fill sized 9mm at my LGS for $450, went in there to see if my 92G was in yet, kinda wish I saw the PX4 first.

I don't want to buy two guns back to back, but I may see if he'll go lower on it may walk away with two Berettas. If not, then the next paycheck will go toward that.
>>
>>29972431
>The safeties could be a little more flush with the slide, but that's a minor complaint.

They do have a bunch of different modifications >>29972145 like low profile controls and enlarged mag releases
>>
Anyone heard anything about the .45 version?

Thinking about getting one if they go on sale.
>>
>>29973504
great handling, interesting design, but what killed it for me is the shit-tastic 10rd cap for 45
>>
>>29973521

I'm in CA so it's actually perfect for my needs

Also I've never held one but for a double stack 45 it sounds like you'd need sasquatch hands to hold it.
>>
>>29973550
then I'd get it but still sucks.
>>
>>29971968
This is just an anecdote, but my friend bought one and I was really excited to try his out because I had been looking at maybe getting one. We took it to the range and it jammed at least twice every mag, even when we switched up the ammo. We used federal and winchester ammo, not some bottom tier reloaded shit. Ultimately I was not impressed. Maybe my buddy just got a lemon, but it was a negative enough experience for me that I no longer have an interest in the storm.

If you want a decent budget gun, go for the Sig SP2022. I love mine and I've put a lot of rounds through it. Still functioning flawlessly.
>>
>>29973726
Idk anon-kun, I've got a 1000 RDS through mine, and have yet to have and failures. Maybe it was a bad spring in the mag? Or the recoil spring was sticking? I mean, I love mine purely for the reliability of it.

>>29971968(OP)
OP, finger fuck one first. The slide mounted saftey is kind of a turn off, but really it's the only con I've found. Plus it can be fixed with low profile thumb switches. Also, don't bother with anything other than the type G, I converted mine because I didn't know, but the saftey is meh, just get the decocker only model.
>>
>>29973504
>>29973550
I have the .45 version. Have never had any sort of hang ups with both factory and hand loads. Very comfy once you get the correct back strap for you installed. Mild recoil.
>>
>>29976335

ever shot a Glock 21 that you could compare it to?
>>
>>29972431
>The safeties could be a little more flush with the slide
This is my only gripe. I handle them every now and then, never shot it though. Haven't bought one yet and probably won't at this point, but that's for reasons. Have read plenty and hear nothing but good things, just don't like that safety, it's way too aggressive.

Go for it OP, I doubt you'll be disappointed. Accurate, ergonomic, good trigger, aesthetic AF, and cheap to boot. I love Beretta more and more these days.
>>
>>29971968
Check CDNN, they had some cheap last I saw.

Also, a bud has one in 9mm. Likes it a bunch.
>>
Have a full size 9mm.
The trigger is kinda shit,but it's comfy and I could shoot the ass off a fly at 20 meters with the thing. Pretty underrated in a sea of more popular handguns, I think because of the unconventional spacegun looks- but I think it's pretty.
>>
>>29977474
I have only ever handled the Glock 21, but the Px4 is obviously more comfy.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.