[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If I buy this, there's a small chance I might kill someone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 13
File: 51gCTKC0ERL._SL1000_.jpg (37 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
51gCTKC0ERL._SL1000_.jpg
37 KB, 1000x1000
If I buy this, there's a small chance I might kill someone with it.

Context: I am a tall, relatively fit woman who has a best friend whose husband abuses her. He's very big, taller than me and strong. He's beaten her and threatened to kill her and her pets. For various reasons, we can't call the cops until she's safely away from the house.

In a while, we're planning on rescuing her from his house by showing up while he's at work and loading all her stuff into a moving van before driving to the other side of the country. If by some small chance he happens to show up while we're doing this, I have some pepper spray. But in case he decides pepper spray isn't a good enough reason to stay down while we leave, I wanted to buy this bat. The problem is, I am a very aggressive person and I'm aware that I have no problem with hurting people. I'm also very angry, and I've never fought anyone with a bat before. If he shows up, and if I have to defend her, there's a very high chance I might kill him on accident.

Should I buy this bat, /k/, or is it a bad idea?
>>
>>29948286
fuck yea you should. get this on camera as well, it sounds interesting.
>>
>>29948286
Tits or GTFO
>>
File: 1460950183725.jpg (46 KB, 680x445) Image search: [Google]
1460950183725.jpg
46 KB, 680x445
>>29948286
>>
File: 1463185687293.png (2 MB, 1177x783) Image search: [Google]
1463185687293.png
2 MB, 1177x783
>>29948286
>>
>>29948286
Show us your tits
>>
Depends on what country you are in. Also just get a regular bat, glove, and base ball so if you do end up bashing that piece of shit's skull in you can just say you happened to have it in your hand while you were moving.

Also don't even think about using the pepper spray indoors

And tell your girl friend to wise the fuck up and not stay with people who beat her.
>>
>>29948286

Tits or GTFO
>>
>>29948370
I'm in the US. We'll probably be outdoors if it happens, since we'll be loading things into the uhaul. Baseball glove/ball is a good idea, but I don't have that much money to waste.

What do you think are the chances that an enraged man would keep fighting after being pepper sprayed in the face?
>>
>>29948370
Or if you want to use that bat remove the markings.
>>
>>29948390

10/10 chance he will punch te shit out of your cunt nigga senpai
>>
>>29948286
Buy a fucking gun.
>>
>>29948391
The markings? Like the logo?
>>
>>29948405

yes the logo can be traced back to your phone
>>
File: image.jpg (670 KB, 642x493) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
670 KB, 642x493
I'm not kidding, just call the cops or hire private security. Cops will do "no questions asked, but I'm getting away from my abuser please help" calls.

Just ask for them to be there for like an hour so you can move shit around.

Alternatively, private security could run a little money, or just pay some bikers, but not hells angels, just guys that LOOK scary. No violence on your behalf.

Record everything.
>>
>>29948403
That would be a lot more difficult, easier to accidentally kill somebody, and I don't know how to shoot. Would you really advice an inexperienced person to bring a gun to a fight?
>>
>>29948410
>Cops will do "no questions asked, but I'm getting away from my abuser please help" calls.
Source? She's scared that if we involve the cops he will literally hunt her down and kill her. Which is unlikely, I know, but we need her to cooperate in order to get her out quickly.
Recording everything is a good idea, thank you.
>>
>>29948411
*advise
>>
>>29948286
get any dude(s) to help that day. no guy in his right mind would try to start shit and beat on a woman in front of a group of guys
>>
>>29948286

honestly you can't be half assed about this kind of stuff. the way I see it there are only a certain number of outcomes here:

>nothing happens

>get bat and end up injuring him with good cause: sued to hell and back because he survived, legal fees, possible jail time, etc.

>get bat, lose fight: you are now quite possibly dead or severely injured, if the latter you can sue the shit out of him but you're going to be fucked up and your friend will be defenseless with you out of the way

>kill with bat, good cause: settle in court and hope you have a good lawyer, but at least you're not getting sued for your very soul, ultimately will likely get off the hook

>kill/injure with no good cause regardless of what weapon: legally up shit creek

>brandish gun and he fucks off: maybe a small fine for doing that but not much else, may want to consider restraining order or some such

>draw gun and kill with good cause: see bat kill with good cause

>draw gun and injure with good cause: see bat injury with good cause

>little to no likelihood of losing a fight when you are armed with a gun and he is not, if you did somehow then I'm not sure how you managed to fuck up that badly
>>
>>29948439
She lives about five hours away and we're already short on how much room there's gonna be in the car. There will be one guy with us, but I'm not sure he can take him alone.
>>
OP needs mental help.
>>
>>29948425
How the fuck would getting the cops involved make him more able to find out wherever the fuck you're moving her?

Just don't tell him where she's going, changer her phone number, etc.

Also, if the cops kill him they won't get assraped for it because they're cops and will have a much easier time proving it was justified. If you somehow manage to kill someone, no matter the reason it's going to destroy your life, at least temporarily, dealing with the legal fallout.
>>
File: image.jpg (321 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
321 KB, 720x540
>>29948425
Source is call and ask, unless you live in a high demand police area (like a ghetto) cops are more than happy to come and help. When my mom's friend was leaving her abusive boyfriend the cops just parked outside and watched both of them, they didn't take sides but they wanted to "make sure the move went smoothly and protect property of both tenants"

It's their job.
>>
>>29948456
>How the fuck would getting the cops involved make him more able to find out wherever the fuck you're moving her?
I know her fears are unreasonable and we fully intend to call the cops after she's safe but for right now we need her cooperation to pull it off. I'm thinking if we really can get cops to show up no questions asked I might be able to convince her to do that. Does anon have more information about how to ask for that?
>>
>>29948465
Thank you, that sounds like a good idea.
So is everyone mostly agreed that I shouldn't buy the bat?
>>
Holy shit dumb bitch just shoot the guy and be done with it no pursuit no hiding walk up to the faggot and shoot close range.
>>
>>29948465
Also non emergency number is 311 (three-one-one) so you can call and ask.

Alternativelt just go into the station and ask. A work buddy of mine does that to ask for more patrols around the shit area I work in

>I'm the same fag
>>
>>29948473
Just call them and fucking ask.

Have them show up right after you start moving her out so she's already committed to doing it.

I'll never understand what the fuck goes on in the mind of someone thats getting abused and refuses to leave, especially when they have multiple avenues to doing so.

>>29948483
No, it will look like you were intending on hurting the fucker thats beating on her. Just call the cops and let them deal with it, thats what your tax money is for.
>>
>>29948449
sign her up for tinder and get a bunch of chads to show up. they'll beat the dudes ass thinking they'll get to fuck one or both of you, drive off during the battle royale.

>or stay and film it
>>
>>29948473
Once you get the cops involved , sue this guy in civil court to make bank.
>>
>>29948286
.45>bat
>>
>>29948286
here's what you do;
>get bat
>repaint it to look normal
>get glove and baseball, keep with bat at all times. very important.
>record the move just in case the dude does show up
>have the cops watch if you can (do not do this if you have the bat with you)
oh, pepper spray won't do shit on a very angry big dude.
just doesn't work on someone that pissed off.
>>
is this some kind of allegorical scenario contrived to make a point about gun control?
>>
File: 1444953647516.jpg (159 KB, 840x623) Image search: [Google]
1444953647516.jpg
159 KB, 840x623
>>29948286
a bat in a confined space like a house is not tactical enough. buy a knife or a gun and never ever buy coldsteel. you retard
>>
>>29948425
Go to any automotive store and buy 5 more pepper sprays. Just keep them in your purse.

Now here's the caveat to having the pepper spray and being willing to use it before he hits her, if he shows up while you're moving her out:
You must have a clear, defining line in your mind on WHAT SITUATION you will or will not pepper spray him in.
If he gets irate and starts threatening, do you spray him?
If he gets irate and starts threatening violence, do you spray him?
If he starts moving the boxes back into the house, do you spray him?
If he grabs her and pulls her into the house, do you spray him?
If he gets in her face and starts shouting, do you spray him?

You have to have a clear pepper spraying line in your mind before you even go do the rescue move. And you need to take into account that as a battered woman, she will attempt to stop YOU from pepper spraying HIM. She will change her mind and say "No no you just go I'm staying, it'll be okay." Et cetera.

My advice is to spray him the moment he touches either one of you. And if he shows up and starts throwing her stuff back into the house, to just take her and drive away. Her life is more important than her things.

But really you should have the cops show up for the move, despite your friend's irrational ideas. Her life is more important than her irrational, dangerous-to-herself ideas. You're the sane one, rescue her in a sane way. Ask local police to accompany her move, and write down any info they offer on post-move restraining orders, on behalf of your friend.

gl
>>
>>29948494
How do I get cops for another state? Do I just ask them to transfer me, can they do that easily? I mean it's probably not hard, but do you know of any snags I could hit?

She's already agreed to leave, thank god, I just don't want to spook her. I think she'll agree to this, though. She doesn't want to press charges yet but just having them show up for insurance would probably be fine.

>>29948514
>paint chips come off when you hit someone
>cops know exactly what to look for
anon pls

>>29948518
I have a knife, it will probably be on me while we're at her house, but I'm well aware that knife fights almost never turn out well. That's probably more likely to accidentally kill him than the bat.

Speaking of which, if I'm going to have the cops there, is it a bad idea to have a knife on me?
>>
File: uncle ruckus.jpg (101 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
uncle ruckus.jpg
101 KB, 960x960
>There's a small chance I might kill someone with it

Use a gun, so you have a high chance of killing them. Dead men can't take you to court or give the cops their bullshit side of the story. You'd be saving everyone a shitload of time, money, and headaches.

It would be irresponsible to not magdump into your target.
>>
>>29948522
>You must have a clear, defining line in your mind on WHAT SITUATION you will or will not pepper spray him in.
See, this is why I think it's probably a bad idea for someone like me to obtain a weapon like the bat. My standards for whether or not to spray someone is 'are they close enough to grab me and do I trust them not to'. It's a miracle I haven't sprayed someone already.

While I'm in /k/, do any of you know what kind of laws there are about pepper spraying people? To what extent would I get in trouble if I maced someone preemptively? I've always wondered.
>>
>>29948555
You're overcomplicating this. If I were you I'd just call the cops during the move, but then I'd be most worried about this chick you're evacuating just calling up this faggot and asking him to take her back. She sounds really unstable.

Let the cops keep you safe during the move, but keep her from doing something stupid afterwards.
>>
>>29948497
best idea
>>
>>29948583
So I should not have the knife on me? Do cops search everyone involved when there's a fight?
>>
>>29948588

I second this
>>
The thing about bats is when you get close enough to use it he is probably going to grab it from your weak little woman grip and then he has a bat. If you seriously think this guy is going to put your life in danger while you help your friend get a gun, don't fuck around with bats unless you are going to play softball or you will end up fucked up. Also we will need to see nudes to judge if you are fit enough to handle this situation.
>>
>>29948574
Felony assault
>>
>>29948593
If you let them, and it would look suspicious if you didn't.

Beyond that, I know you said you're tall, but I highly doubt you're going to be able to take this guy. No offence, it's just biology that applies to 99.9% of cases like this.

Call. The. Fucking. Cops.
>>
>>29948607
Hmm, yeah, that's what I was afraid of. But I don't have time to get a gun now.

Perhaps when we're settled in the new place I can look into it and getting some shooting practice. He's mildly rich and I'm reasonably sure he might have the resources to follow us, at least until we move to a new place. But that will be a some months from now.
>>
>>29948286
You're a woman, you're legally golden depending on the state.
>>
Hey OP youre a fucking idiot. Get your ego in check stupid. Also you know the bitch is just going to go right back to that shit. You think youre saving the day? Retard.
>>
>>29948390
Pretty low OP, just to be sure, make sure you have a taser or a knife. Also, keep a baseball glove and ball, it'll make it a lot easier on your lawyer.
>>
OP, I have been in your situation before, except I was 22 at the time, and a dude.

I used to go to get coffee with co-workers on Fridays. One day, a girl I went to HS with tagged along. She had been beaten to hell a few nights before and her friend (my co-worker) brought her out to unwind. Her abusive boyfriend showed up and we hid her in the bathroom.

Asshole showed up with a shovel and approached the coffee shop. I was one of two guys, and we planned on beating the shit out of him with the chairs we were sitting on. The police showed up and took the fucker away.

Point is, better off getting the police involved in advance. IT'S NOT WORTH YOUR FREEDOM to wind up with the husband pressing charges against you.
>>
>>29948411
With a bat, you have the one high risk chance to break some important shit on him.

With the gun, you can set up in a corner across from the presumed entrance he will take and fill the dude full of holes.

Also, it really is not difficult to learn how to handle a weapon. Melee weapons, on the other hand, can take months to be worth a shit using them. They are more about brute force, but unless you are a god damn monster of a woman with it, your bat very well could just piss him off. Just buy a gun, do a day at the range and get to know how to draw it and hit center of mass. Get your friend to do the same.

Or are you some paranoid liberal type who thinks guns are as dangerous to the user as they are to the intended target?
>>
>>29948633
providing you live in the usa it probably won't take long to get a gun. If shit goes south you will wish had of. Also how are those nudes coming along?
>>
File: nothin personnel, kid.jpg (78 KB, 444x460) Image search: [Google]
nothin personnel, kid.jpg
78 KB, 444x460
Is this one of those "OP asks for advice, then only takes the advice they want to hear" threads? It must be to have gone on this long
>>
I'm not the OP, but I have a related question.
If you get a restraining order against someone, and that person violates it, and starts verbally, than physically attacking you, at which point would gun-related self-defense be justifiable?
>>
>>29948286
not to hijack the thread but does anyone actually own one of these? how are they for hitting actual baseball?
>>
>>29948667
No, I've made eventual plans to get a gun and learn how to use it, I just don't have time to do it now before this rescue. Those are some good points about melee weapons.

Okay, current plan is not to carry my knife on me, but carry my pepper spray, and most importantly get the cops to sit in on us while we're moving.

If all goes to plan we should all depart with no harm done, if he shows up the cops will handle him and it's totally excusable for me to have mace on me.

After we move, I get a gun and practice with it in case he comes after us. I'm also buying her some mace. I don't think she'll have trouble using it, she's not the type of battered woman who's fond of her guy, she's more just scared of him. I was planning on handing her some mace as soon as I see her when we get there, more for her mental stability than because I thought she'd have to use it right away.
>>
>>29948698
At the point you fear for your life
>>
>>29948607
I hate to say it OP but this guy's right. Any fight with a melee weapon is borderline retarded since you have to be so close to the other guy that you risk losing your weapon while arming them. Pepper spray almost equally retarded form of self defence imho since the one time you'll ever need it one someone it won't work if the person is hell bent on harming you.

tl;dr
call the cops for now, but in the near future buy a gun, take more than one training course with a competent instructor, and learn your local self defense laws.
>>
>>29948702
You should read the amazon reviews, they're pretty funny.
>Has anyone actually hit any baseballs with the Crusher?

http://www.amazon.com/Cold-Steel-92BSS-Brooklyn-Crusher/dp/B001DRNLE6/
>>
>>29948702
they are made for smacking humans.
>>
>>29948698

If you aren't living in a cuck state, as soon as they obviously violated it. That doesn't mean "magdump them if you bump into each other at Jamba Juice", but if they showed up on your doorstep at midnight, drunk and throwing rocks at your house, blow them away. Even Californians have stand your ground laws.

You could probably do better than asking anonymous people on the internet for legal advice, though.
>>
>>29948709
I don't understand the logic here.
You have enough evidence to get this guy arrested and locked up, so why haven't you done it already?
>>
>>29948698
If someone violates a restraining order you can probably get them thrown in jail, anon. That's what restraining orders are for.
>>
>>29948737
Because we don't want to spook the girl in danger, we need her cooperation to get her out, since she lives like five hours away. We're going to get him arrested after she's safe.
>>
File: 1462473638929.gif (47 KB, 250x194) Image search: [Google]
1462473638929.gif
47 KB, 250x194
>>29948286
Nice move posting this online, if you actually do kill the fucker you'll have a hard time painting it as self defense because this proves premeditation. And there is proof the government is monitoring this board.
10/10 bretty dum
>>
>>29948751
But this requires literally no involvement from her.
You call the police and have them get a warrant, then they go arrest him.
>>
>>29948754
This, ya done goofed OP
>>
>>29948765
>But this requires literally no involvement from her.
That is very untrue, she would have to testify, and he has enough money to get out on bail.
>>
>>29948801
You could either have them deny bail, or give her police protection, The law is extremely accommodating towards domestic abuse victims.
>>
>>29948286
>this guy waits outside of ops house in the morning, smashes her head in and rapes her body

The headlines will be good
>>
>>29948826
I'll keep this in mind.
>>
>>29948286

$10 says he will take the bat from you and beat both of you. You've watched too much lifetime tv. Fucking silly broads.
>>
>>29948286
A gun is far less likely to end in jail time.

Killing a person with a bat is, 99% of the time, Murder 1. Mostly because you have to inflect several defensive wounds then finish the job or land a good hit on a sleeping or disabled person.

But if you mag dump a hi-point into someone you've shot them 9 times and can make up whatever story you want about why that is. The wounds are consistent with self defense and at worst you look at murder 2 or manslaughter if you don't come up with a good enough story to just walk.
>>
There's a MUCH higher chance of him disarming you if you use a melee weapon, than there is if you just shoot the bastard.

Is it really worth the risk to play out whatever fantasy you have going on?
>>
File: 123131321.png (307 KB, 664x595) Image search: [Google]
123131321.png
307 KB, 664x595
>>29948896
It'd be nice, but anons got a point about weak girly arms. Cops it is.
>>
Dude just hit me in the legs. Anywhere but the head and you'd be in a good none lethal situation.

Other than that learn how to make cs gas.
>>
>>29948913

Honestly you could be a 7' tall 500 pound dude who's 1/8th gorilla and I'd still recommend you either use the cops or a gun.

A bat is like, the single worst thing you could use here, especially a bat made by a weapons company. Best case scenario you get disarmed and knocked around, worst case scenario you're fucking dead or in federal "fuck me in the ass" prison.
>>
File: 1450793366806.jpg (19 KB, 324x289) Image search: [Google]
1450793366806.jpg
19 KB, 324x289
>>29948286
>I am a tall, relatively fit woman
>>
>>29948286
This is how delusional women get when you tell them they are equals
>>
>>29948697
yes
>>
>>29948286
trannies aren't women
>>
File: goodone.gif (470 KB, 384x288) Image search: [Google]
goodone.gif
470 KB, 384x288
>>29948957
my nigga
>>
>>29948895
>Mag dump a hi-point into someone.

Is it wrong that I think that is the worst way to go? Getting murdered by a gun that cost less then a nice night out seems fucking tawdry.
>>
>>29949036

You could get beat to death by a chick with a COLD STEEL bat
>>
>>29948286
Eskrimador here. Big stick is very difficult to use without training. Your strike will tend to throw you off balance, and then you're vulnerable.
Your plan seems ill-advised. You may just want to recruit a couple of bruisers to keep the peace while you pack. You can pay them in cash or pussy, if you're broke.
>>
>>29948411
>Would you really advice an inexperienced person to bring a gun to a fight?
I would really advise an inexperienced person to avoid a fight where they literally know they're outmatched, and bringing a gun is the simplest way to prevent a fight from starting. A secondary benefit is that if a fight starts after Doctor Gun, Relationship Counselor reveals himself, you stand a chance of walking away from that fight alive.

If you're seriously worried about him showing up, though, I'd consider asking the police to keep him away while you pack. I know you don't want to contact the police, but their literal job is to prevent crimes like assault.
>>
>>29948286
you're gonna hit him once with it, then he's gonna take it away from you and fucking kill you. for the love of god don't do this. Just call the cops one night when your friend is too weak to do it, and let her move in with you or take her to a woman's shelter
>>
>>29948411
The long story short is YES. If you are legitimately afraid for your safety, then fucking YES.

Go down to the store, buy it, buy some ammo, go to a range, and shoot it. Not the best training in the world but better than a baseball bat and some asinine hope he's not as fit as you.

And if you do get the gun, do not let him get close or you are done.
>>
Not contacting authorities or willing to buy a gun to help your friend?
RIP lady, ill keep an eye in the obituaries and send flowers
>>
>op buys gun, acts like a tough guy, pulls it and gets put in jail

Top kek
>>
>CPT Save-a-ho
>>
>>29949178
Then nobody is there to stop ops friend from getting what she's got coming
>>
>>29948709
>I don't know how to use a gun.
>let's use a spraying weapon indoors instead
>>
>>29948318
strap the goPro to the bat.
>>
>>29948286
Contex: you're druggy friend gets beat by her druggy husband. You guys are druggies so you can't call the cops.

You want to assault her husband. Go ahead but if you get caught you'll go to prison. Some crimes are worth committing is this one? Also:
>TITS or GTFO
>>
>>29948286
Your friend is a weak-willed moron, as are you. Kill yourselves and put that poor man out of his misery
>>
>>29948286
good job posting on a website where they log your IP...dum bitch
Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.