[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are your plans for the Apocolypse?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 7
Weather it's an economic collapse, a race war, Radical Islam trying to take over, or a pandemic or virus, what is your plan of action? Are you ready?
>>
>>29916774
Accept my fate and walk towards the nearest mushroom cloud singing.
>>
>>29916774
>gather a small army
>pillage the countryside
>deus vult
>>
Git guns, family, and food.
Travel like 30-40 minutes east towards the mountains in the SoCal desert, and stay in a somewhat isolated ranch belonging to my uncle's dad. Know the territory well since I have gone there since young and know the mountains well enough to have a 360 view. DEUS VULT
>>
>>29918345
Man, how jealous I am of you... Wish I knew someone a good little ways away from the city, especially on a ranch..... lucky
>>
>>29916774
Embed in my home, build up the perimeter with family and some close friends, farm and sustain ourselves. When we deem it safe start sending out short range patrols to recce the local area to see how other places have faired maybe begin to rebuild.
>>
Best round for urban shtf? Torn between .556 7.52x51 and 7.62x54r.
>>
File: 1455086547798.jpg (27 KB, 496x474) Image search: [Google]
1455086547798.jpg
27 KB, 496x474
>>29917690
Same.
>>
>>29918470
I'd go for something I can stop a car with, if needs must. So either of the larger calibers that you feel will be available in your area.
>>
>>29918470
Are you alone or with a team?
>>
>>29918470
Well since everyone and his brother has something in 5.56 I'd go with that.
>>
>>29916774
die
>>
>>29918495
Small team or aline
>>29918513
Have an AR. Really wondering if I should get something bigger. Might have to hunt with it if I make it out of town.
>>
>>29918534
5.56 has taken down many a whitetail
>>
File: SALUTO CUBUM NECIS.jpg (214 KB, 1500x678) Image search: [Google]
SALUTO CUBUM NECIS.jpg
214 KB, 1500x678
>>29916774
Spread the good word of the /k/ube and how he has blessed us with this event, for this is not the end of the fight but merely the beginning of another chapter in the everlasting story of mankind.

AVE NEX ALEA
>>
>>29918534
I'd say for personal carry a 5.56, it'll be enough to cover most situations. If you are moving around it would be Worth having one marksman or simmilar role with a 7.62×51. I would recommend getting the NATO round rather than the 308 because it'll be more abundant with military and police both using it.
>>
Lol Ive been thinking about this for so long
>Just drive like 30 minutes to the middle of butt fuck NO WHERE in Alaska
>Have around 10,000 rounds of Ammo for each gun
>AKM, AR-15, 1911, Remington 12 gauge
>Flares, seeds, MREs, and my pupper
>Flannels, Jeans, winter clothing (A shit ton), Shorts, waders, boots, snow boots, sneakers, henleys, Tshirt, sweatpants, all clothing necessities
>Axes, Machetes, tomahawks, and knifes and bayonets

Plenty of 5.11 gear (pants, shirts, etc) and Milsurp and Kevlar vests. PASGT helmet. Anything Else Im missing?
>>
>>29918568
5.56 and 7.62x51 are my go to rifle rounds or (.223 & .308) though there is debate among SAAMI. Handgun, 9mm and 40mm woohooo
>>
>>29918596
Toilet paper. And beer.
>>
>>29918578
>>29918597
I get caught up in the stopping power and penetration argument. Has me wanting an FAL or Vepr.
>>
any particular cammo pattern, or style you all would adopt or use? I like the Desert Pants, and OD Green Top.
>>
>>29918625
Stopping power is good and all but you also have to think about the weight of it if your having to carry it for a while it can be a total cunt.
>>
File: 1460866134796.jpg (256 KB, 732x446) Image search: [Google]
1460866134796.jpg
256 KB, 732x446
>>29918627
>>
>>29918612
ahh yeah, Well Id probably just shit in the woods and use leafs. But Id take as much as I could. The cabin I have is near the copper river so I have a clean use of both sewage and drinking. Beer though....Id probably take a good amount of cases (im friends with the manager of the local beverage mart, and I know if there was a war coming where he would lose his business, he would let me take as much as I want) But it would get skunked so I dont really know how long I would keep it. Probably some alaskan smoked porter, best beer here.
>>
File: 951298_5622586.jpg (635 KB, 2808x540) Image search: [Google]
951298_5622586.jpg
635 KB, 2808x540
>>29918627
In case you wanted these.
>>
>>29916774
Kill myself after killing my family. I have no desire to live in a post-apocalyptic world.
>>
>>29918657
I don't plan on going and attacking anything. Just escape and evade and putting down whatever gets in the way of those too things.
>>
>>29918625
>stopping power
>in potential shtf
Unless you're raiding the local PD, live next to professional preppers or a military base. You won't need some fuck huge round to combat dudes in heavy armor. Some soft tipped deer rounds or hollow points will be more than enough for hunting and dispatching whatever else crosses your path in the suburbs.
>>
>>29918726
What if shtf is people invading, senpai?
>>
>>29918596
Antibiotics, lots of penicillin, also bees. In a post apocalyptic world, honey will be worth more than gold, as food, seasoning, and bactericidal medicine.
>>
Masturbation
>>
>>29918762
EXACTLY. I always say have a good supply of Antibiotics, Painmeds, and some topical wound sterilization. And remember, a gun/weapon is only worth the amount of ammo you have, I would have a few knives. A machete type like a kukri, multitool, and a pocket.
>>
>>29918713
Same thing though if your planning on getting out of danger then you'll 2 ant something light and easily maneuverable, a 10 or 14 inch barrel 5.56 will help with that.
>>
>>29918762
im a retard, how could I forget all of that. Thanks!
>>
>>29918762

www.indiegogo.com/projects/flow-hive-honey-on-tap-directly-from-your-beehive#/story
>>
>>29918470
7.62 NATO. You're not relying on air support nor would you be carrying more than 80 rounds on your person. It has the range and ability to put most threats down, ideally before they threaten you.
>>
>>29918863
M118 NATO (with Nato Standardization Mark) made in salt lake city, or 7.62x54mm HPBT , very good, very effective. Muzzle Velocity of around 2675fps with a MVV of about 10fps, and a sectional density of 180-190ft/lbs and of course stays transonic for a while.
>>
>>29918470
.30-30.
>>
>>29918494
Goose gun with saboted loads. You can make slugs out of things like posts from dead car batteries. Or, for that matter, lug bolts. If you do that, make damn sure your sabots keep that hardened steel from touching the bore.
>>
>>29917690
I will drink from your skull!
>>
>>29918896
Is 7.62x39 and nugget food of any use?
>>
>>29922461
Only if you are able to restock it in a SHTF scenareo.
>>
>>29916774
Couple possibles.
>Die because you know, it's the fuckin apocalypse
>Survive and find waifu to repopulate the earth with
>>
>>29922635
I think it really depends on what the situation is, like asteroid or some shit? Yeah fuck that we are all dead. Nukes ehhh depends where you live me down south we don't really have many targets so probably just EMP issues if that happened. Zombies ... who am I kidding fuck zombies.
>>
>>29916774
What if we run into antman and his army of weaponized ants,
>>
>>29916774
Living out my road warrior inspired fantasies
>>
Out of intrest what does everyone think would be the real cause of a collapse
>>
Lie down
Try not to die
Die a lot
>>
I'd probably just go outside and keep on living as if nothing had happened. Most small towns are close-knit enough that they would continue to function after a societal collapse or other SHTF scenario. Humans have a natural instinct to make civilizations, contrary to what many popular movies would have you believe.
>>
>>29918461
ill burn your house down.
>>
Genuinely, run into the hills with nothing but guns until I starve to death, just like most of /k/.
>>
>>29924792
BLM
>>
>>29918705
i have no words to describe the contempt i feel for you at this moment
>>
>>29924792
Ok, I'll bite.

It'll be a slow collapse, caused by a series of compounding events. Figure something like Katrina happens, then the next week there's something like 9/11. Then there's another Deepwater Horizon because everybodys stretched a little thin and jittery. Then a cop shoots a kid of color, triggering some more Ferguson-style riots.

The key factor is, these events happen before we have a chance to wind down from the last one. In some cases, the response to an event causes the following event. This is called cascading casualties.

The net result is, an ever-increasing amount of resources have to be devoted to response and recovery obligations. At first it's all gravy, because things like NEA funding for crucifixes in jars of urine dries up. Then it cuts a little deeper, and rural fire departments stop getting grants for equipment upgrades.

It's a slow spiral until COLAs stop happening. Then people start noticing that times ain't as good as they used to be.

I don't think it'll be a total grid down scenario, but I'm not ruling it out. It'll be more along the lines of areas that don't have a certain population density are going to be weaned away from the Federal tit. They might get tax incentives, but probably not.

Meanwhile, population centers will be getting a uniformly bad level of services and benefits.

Net result- rural people are pissed at the government because it abandoned them. Urban people are pissed because they bear the brunt of taxes and don't see enough return to justify what they pay.

Both sides will be suspicious of the other.

Along the way we'll probably get into another couple of wars for ill-defined reasons, although we'll swat China like a fly when we get tired of their shit.

I give it a 20% chance that one of the critical events will be nuclear, probably non-state in origin.
>>
>>29916774
if nuclear war, I live near a target, so plan is as follows;
>if anyone is with me, tell them to;
>get out
>get mercy killed
>join me
we (with my dogs too) will then go on the roof with lawn chairs and beers, and watch the mushroom cloud rise and people lose their minds.
if the fireball does not kill me, I will kill my dogs, other people there, and finally, myself.
if not nuclear war, I'll just wing it. that's how i roll.
>>
>>29916774
Relaxation, eating well, having fun, live my live like one of the elite's. I know it coming, I know how it take place and what will happen after.

Enjoy life and An hero right before you lose all power and control.
>>
>>29918596
Imodium AD. Ex-lax. Blister pads.

You don't want the shits. You can totally die from dehydration from shitting.
>>
>>29918837
This is a neat novelty and all but the real trick is having bees.
>>
>>29922693
Dude the south is getting fucking nuked. Atlanta, Tampa, Huntsville to name a few. Not to mention Fort Benning, fort Stewart, Charleston, Savannah, Miami. Fucking even Albany, GA used to be a target because of the nuclear base.
>>
>>29929727
Why are you so confident that we could easily handle China?
>>
File: alright_PipBoy.jpg (22 KB, 150x150) Image search: [Google]
alright_PipBoy.jpg
22 KB, 150x150
>Local, disaster/civil unrest based happening wherein law and order will eventually be restored
Get the fuck outta dodge. I have enough food to travel. There is nothing here worth staying for.

>Regional/global apocalypse
Watch the fireworks and then suck start my pistol. Better than being done in painfully by bandits having their last party before civilization ends.

I don't know where the survivalist collectives will be, I probably couldn't get to them even if I did and they would kill me or tell me to fuck off because I have no useful skills.

It was fun while it lasted, but now it's all coming down. Let the people who worked for it survive, they earned it; I won't suck up their resources when there are better people to have on the team than me.

I'll wrap all my shit up as best I can so it'll last and then leave a nice note for the next fucker that finds it so it can at least be of some use to them.
>>
Just stay at my house until I get shot by looters. Ideally I'd like to take one or two with me, but all I have is an m44.
If I'm somehow able to, I'd stay at my house until I run out of food. Then I'd proceed to try and find refuge in a large group. If I'm not able to then I'll just wander into the woods, there's an isolated house in the backwoods that's probably a day's hike. The only issue is I'd have to go through town to get there, seeing as my truck would be pretty much useless.
If I run out of medicine before I'm able to leave my neighborhood then I'll let myself die in the comfort of my own bed. Probably after drinking a few bottles of shiner.
If I'm able to reach that house before I die then I'll probably relax there, write in my journal to keep myself entertained. Drink a few bottles of shiner, then die.
If I'm able to somehow make it to a place where there's attainable medicine for me, then I'd hopefully live there and contribute as much as I can to that group until I get killed for being a burden and get eaten or killed by a rival group. Hopefully after I drink a few bottles of shiner.

Pretty sure no matter what I'm dead, but such is life. I'd like to say I could knock some girl up to continue on the family name (traced history up to almost 1,000 years) but 1) I need to get laid. 2) She hopefully wouldn't abort it. 3) Neither of them die in childbirth. But that is incredibly unlikely to happen. No matter what happens, I'll probably die. But I'd like to continue on at least trying to live comfortably. Comfortably being a loose term.
>>
Hopefully meet up with /k/ and get a dick sucking contest going
>>
>>29918345
>SoCal

I hope you keep enough ammo to shoot all the fucking LA fags also feeing in all directions (including your own)
>>
>>29924792

Hillary.
>>
>>29929900
They're a regional power. They keep making mean faces at us and our friends. Sooner or later they're going to start rattling sabers when we're maybe a little hungover and not in the mood for their dickwaving. We'll fabricate a Gulf of Tonkin incident and use that as an excuse to systematically dismantle the PLAN and PLAAF. We'll never actually carry out an attack on mainland soil, but those artificial islands are getting sanitized.
>>
>>29916774
Grab Lightning and single action army and go inna mountains.
>>
>>29916774

Whats with you niggers and your raging hard-on for collapse?

>Implying if the U.S collapsed China wouldn't swoop in and start colonizing or Invasions of the Central American hordes or for that matter Europeans retaking what was lost.
>>
>>29916774
Watch the world around me burn slower than I would.
>>
>>29930575
Because it is the best chance we're likely to get to make America great again.
>>
>>29922730
We will all die
>>
Me and my entire family bug in. My family line up to my grandparents lives entirely on the side of a mountain.
>>
>drive to my nearest military base
>get shot
>>
>>29930448
good to know there's people like you out there who don't get scared by China.

we have them under our thumb economically. Can you think of anything they produce other than other people's goods? Take us out of the picture and they would become an oil-based economy.
>>
>>29918690
3, 8,12 and 17 worked best
17 the most

which are those?
>>
>>29916774
Dautsche bank going broke in the next few months.

Damn sure there is an economic collapse in the preps. So prepare.

Argie. And the word for my plans is OPSEC.
>>
>>29930754
So that are Trump's plans...
>
>>
>>29935938
>those
My bad
>>
None of those are likely to take place. Prepare for natural disasters. These other commonly discussed scenarios are asinine bullshit that just get people to waste their money.

Also

>weather

Dumbshits don't get to survive the apocalypse
>>
>>29935914
>Dautsche bank going broke in the next few months.
No, it won't.
>>
>>29935999
Beware the god of fact.
>>
>>29936052
Are you really thinking that the Deutsche Bank will fall? What a cluless fag.
>>
>>29936093
>A day of growth recovers months falling.
Again, beware the god of fact.
>>
>>29935963
>implying natural disasters aren't >weather
>dumbshits
So yourself, too?
>>
>>29916774
I don't have a plan, because literally none of that is ever going to happen on a scale that could be considered "apocalyptic." If anything bad happens on a CITY wide scale (possible), then I lock and board up my house and drive 80 miles out of Houston to my family's ranch until all blows over.
>>
File: Humungus2.jpg (27 KB, 738x492) Image search: [Google]
Humungus2.jpg
27 KB, 738x492
>>29922734
This to be honest my dog of war. I lift to be a post-apocalyptic warlord.
Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.