[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
right arm of the free world 101
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
Alright /k/, I've decided on my next purchase but I find myself less than knowledgeable on the specifics so if you could, school me on the fn fal and its variants.
>what to look for
>what brands/variants to avoid
>build or buy?
>nationality variants and differences
>>
>>29915725
And, they are a hell of a lot of fun to shoot.

https://youtu.be/WKvt1xQBznQ
>>
Does anyone have a Voyager model fal?
I've been looking into it and kinda want to buy one.
>>
>>29915876
Fuck you Johnny
Get the fuck back to the patch thread so we can get you banned
>>
>>29916085
They're fine
There's is nothing wrong with a cast receiver and you will never notice a difference
The lifespan is no different because the hardness is the same
>>
>>29915725
I wouldn't post here, goto FALFiles.com for good advice. The most you will get is some weeaboo crossdresser who will post the same 30 pictures of his disgusting paintjob FAL while trying to act like everyone likes him.
>>
>>29916085
I think the Voyager uses proprietary parts.

IMO, it may be better to either build one yourself, or buy a receiver then send the parts kit + receiver to a competent gun smith.

Coonan currently makes the best receivers, the most sexy is the Type 2 receiver.
>>
>>29915876
Fuck you, nametag.
>>
>>29915725
Just lurk FALfiles. The place has a ton of information. It's also a good place to get kits, or even complete rifles occasionally, for a decent price.

Word of warning though, they really don't take kindly to stupid questions that could have been answered by reading a stickied thread.
>>
>>29916278
*namefag
>>
>>29916288
see >>29916148
>>
File: 2016-03-28 10.14.17.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-28 10.14.17.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>29915725
you are either buying a DSA or a parts kit build metric or a la1a parts build in inch you should stick with metric

>>29916085
this right here >>29916134
modern casting is miles above what most people think when they hear 'cast'

>>29916148
i know poorfags hate it thats why i keep posting

but he should go to falfiles and be directed to the what should i buy thread they have the best marketplace for FALs bar none

>>29916162
id recommend the SA58 over the voyager but the voyager is fine jsut have to replace a few things its gay not having a carry handle if you're into that though

also finding a competent gunsmith who will build it is going to put you at about sa58 money anyways
>>
>>29916487
How do I make a reproduction Rhodie FAL, with parts similar to the original in function as well as looks
>>
File: 1445216379254.jpg (61 KB, 905x609) Image search: [Google]
1445216379254.jpg
61 KB, 905x609
>>29917885
just get an 18 inch sa58 non bipod cut, put a grenade sight on it, swap out the hand gaurds for non bipod grooved as well, and paint it

you cna buy actual rhodie parts or builds but im guessing you want to keep the price reasonable

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=362050

here is a good example
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.