[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In spite of numerous warnings, I bought three boxes of pic related.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: federal auto match .jpg (111 KB, 880x660) Image search: [Google]
federal auto match .jpg
111 KB, 880x660
In spite of numerous warnings, I bought three boxes of pic related. Ran without a hitch through my 10/22 & my buddy's Marlin 60. I'm starting to wonder if people give shitty reviews/decry a product in hopes of leaving more for themselves.

What do you think, /k/?
>>
>>29911026

>I'm starting to wonder if people give shitty reviews/decry a product in hopes of leaving more for themselves.

Probably. I've had nothing but excellent luck with all of Federal's rimfire products.
>>
>>29911069
ditto. It's not like I'm buying pallets at a time like other guys...I just like to have a few boxes on hand for the monthly-ish shooting outings.
>>
>>29911026
Hey bro, you buy that at big 5? Just wondering cause I was gonna buy the threes boxes we had but then one day they were all suddenly gone.

>at least I got one, teaching my girlfriend how to shoot soon
>>
>>29911026
Nobody hates that ammo, you mistakenly thought it was rem thunderbolt.
>>
File: REM22LR40500HV-2.jpg (70 KB, 400x320) Image search: [Google]
REM22LR40500HV-2.jpg
70 KB, 400x320
That's not even bad -- I run thunderbolts in my 22s and they work just fine. Dirty, but fine.
>>
What luck. I was in search for a QTDDTOT thread, about to ask this very question, and here I come across this thread.

I'm looking on AmmoSeek and I see some Federal .22LR Game-Shok for a pretty schway price.

Before I go out and purchase it though, I wanted to know if "Game-Shok" is any good though.
>>
>>29912301
I guess nvm.

Apparently I have to be fucking 21 to order .22 long RIFLE online.

Fucking ATF
>>
>>29912301
Automatch is pretty good, dunno about Game-Shok
>>
>>29912611
>.22 Long Round
>>
>>29912301
>>29912846

Game-shok is alright. I can't speak for the technical aspects or accuracy, but I put 50 rounds through my Cz 455 and didn't have a single feed/load issue or fail to fire. Messed up a couple of tin cans pretty good too. I'd buy it again, no problems.

I did have issues with the CCI AR tactical, though, it was a bit tough to close the bolt with it. the CCI AR usually is pretty cheap as well, but i'm sticking to their non-bulk for now.
>>
>>29911026

This does not run reliably in my Mark II. It almost never cycles the bolt.

It runs fine in my Marlin 795.

It runs pretty unreliably in my 10/22.

It's accuracy is questionable. It's obvious that bullet weights are inconsistent, and power loads are inconsistent. But I don't shoot this when I'm shooting for accuracy. I shoot this when I'm plinking cans at 10 yds.
>>
>>29913282
Gameshok is the same accuracy & reliability as this stuff.

In my rifles, CCI Standard Velocity is BY FAR the most accurate round I've shot, with Aguila Pistol and Rifle Match coming right behind it.

Golden Turds are... well, they're alright.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-05-11-18-44-42.png (137 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-11-18-44-42.png
137 KB, 720x1280
>>29911026
how far were you shooting? It has shit velocity consistency...
>>
>>29911026
My 10/22 isn't a huge fan, but it's cheap plinking ammo so who cares.
>>
Automatch is the only cheap ammo that cycles in my friends mosquito
>>
My favorite fairly readily available .22 is CCI minimags, then CCI standard, then American eagle. I won't shoot thunderbolts or any other Remshit in anything except my Henry levergun.
>>
my 10/22 loves eating all the shittiest shit ammo up
>>
it will not properly run in a newer gun that hasnt been broken i yet....i used to use it in my marlin 60 and it was a jamfest, now 5000 rounds and 6 cleanings later it runs ok
>>
I've never heard anything bad about Federal. Just Remingshit. Yes, they make bad ammo now too -- Dad wound up with a box.
>>
My aunt is the sporting goods department manager at the Canton, Ga Wal-Mart. For over a year now, she has been holding every box of .22 that comes into the store for me. I go in to buy it, she goes on break and buys it for me with her discount. It works out great.
I checked inventory this week and I have over 125k rounds of various brands.
>>
File: 1462669170178-1.jpg (187 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1462669170178-1.jpg
187 KB, 1280x720
>tfw just bought a bunch of Remington Thundershit

Federal worked fine for me though fwiw
>>
Automatch isn't BAD, it's just that it's consistently more expensive than other bulk pack ammo while (In my experience) performing about the same or sometimes even worse in terms of accuracy. It's ridiculous to have "match" anywhere in the name and stupid to charge a premium for it.
>>
>>29916891
>more expensive
I recently ordered 2600 rounds of this shit for around $200, way better than any other deal i've found ordering online. you're hard-pressed to find anything for much less than $.10/round anymore
>>
>>29911026
Run that shit through my Ruger MK3 and my Beretta ARX160 no problem.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.