[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did this design have any advantages over conventional grenades?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: M24_1.jpg (742 KB, 2373x1936) Image search: [Google]
M24_1.jpg
742 KB, 2373x1936
Did this design have any advantages over conventional grenades?
>>
>>29909769
You can fling it farther and less chance of it rolling back at you plus its got style.
>>
Easier to throw it further when being used offensively, so it would make it to the other guy's trench from further away.

Shitty ignition mechanism and material intensive, though.

An offensive grenade whose advantage is pointless because grenades are mostly used defensively in this day and age.
>>
>>29909769
It's easier to throw longer distances
>>
until you pull the balls, the thing is totally safe, right?
so could you use this thing like a trenchclub?
>>
>>29909769
you can smash potatoes with it. literally.
>>
you can nog niggers with it
>>
File: 1437350365737.png (111 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1437350365737.png
111 KB, 400x400
>>29909809
>until you pull the balls, the high explosives aren't high explosives, right?

Anon...
>>
>>29909808
I can see how this is true but what exactly is the physical reason behind it?
>>
>>29909829
He's just asking if it's shock stable.
>>
>>29909829

Most high explosives aren't shock sensitive
>>
>>29909837
Do you not understand how a lever works?
>>
>>29909829
no, I get that.
but in an emergency, if I smash a britbong faggot over the head with an urarmed one, am I going to assplode?
if its not acetone peroxide or some shit, should be all good
>>
>>29909829
They wont go off unless you remove the safety cap, so you can smack someone all you want, better hope you don't get a spark off the igniter.
>>
>>29909847
filled with TNT, you're fine.
>>
>>29909859
>tfw can crush in skulls with a goddamn stick grenade
thats bretty good
>>
>>29909841
>>29909851
There's still a detonator inside that is most likely shock sensitive since it's set off by safety fuse which is ignited by the pull string which drags a steel rod through a matchhead igniter surface.

>>29909847
You could potentially knock the steel igniter with a hard enough impact and then start the fuse, so best to throw within two seconds of smashing someone with it if you absolutely had to.

And there's always the risk of detonating it outright if the explosive fill in the detonator was old or impure and decided to be touchy.

The main explosive fill won't give a fuck, but I'd do it with the detonator assembly removed just to be safe.
>>
>>29909865
Case ain't that thick though lol, probably break the handle before then, then you risk accidentally pulling the cord.
>>
>>29909829
Well, if you pull on my balls, I'll "explode"
>>
>>29909805

>An offensive grenade whose advantage is pointless because grenades are mostly used defensively in this day and age.

Nigger I have some bad news.
>>
>>29909829
Retard
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.