[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any kind of organized religion or religious belief that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
Is there any kind of organized religion or religious belief that centers around special operations capable forces?
>>
>>29906193
a lot of CAG guys go to a specific church in Fayetteville

>probably not what you meant
>>
a lot of mormons in afsoc
>>
A lot of SAS are strongly Catholic.
>>
>>29906193
Sikh?
>>
File: AVE.jpg (105 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
AVE.jpg
105 KB, 800x800
>>29906193
>>
>>29906193
The South African Special Task Force began each day on parade reading from the bible and prayer.
>>
>>29906736

In SOF in general.

I think a lot of it has to do with linguistic capability and fitting a certain mold.

Most of the young men are physically fit, have a strong moral/ethical background, and serve two year missions in foreign countries (with little supervision) learning a foreign language.

For Army SF - that's like a goalpost standard of quality.
>>
>>29906193
Cowadooty fanbois is the perfect fit for you
>>
>>29906193

they worship the state
>>
>>29906853
Don't the american Amish speak Dutch maybe the american government can call on them like they did with the mafia during the second world war
>>
>>29906193
The order of hashashin during the early crusades were moozlems. Deeply religious bunch killing in the name of the master, unlike Knights crusaders who had to kil for God, Christ, brother, lover, neighbor, master, grandmaster in that order
>>
>>29908001
Nazi were pretty religious about their furerh
>>
>>29907969

They speak an old German dialect. It would be kinda like if you had some dude try to speak Shakespearean English in modern England.
>>
>>29908001
You're confusing your average armed pilgrim to the Holy Land with the monastic fighting orders.

You're also confusing fanaticism with faith. The Hasheeshim were a dope-addled death cult.
>>
>>29906193
what the fucking fuck

seriously go outside sometime
>>
>>29908077
What's a monastic figthing order and if you go with Malta I'll snuff you
>>
>>29907969

No, they speak oldass German. They're "Pennsylvania Dutch" which isn't Dutch at all, but German. It's just in the 1700s, Dutch was the English term for Germanic people. There were shitloads of Germans: Austrians, the infinite states of the Holy Roman Empire, the Dutch, the Swiss, etc. So the English decided Dutch was a good enough word to encompass all those incomprehensible barbarians spread across half of Europe.

Besides that the Amish are pacifists, they don't do the war thing. Or vehicles. Or like, anything useful. If the US government needs a barn made without powertools they might help though.
>>
>>29908400
The Templars, the Hospitalers, and the Knights Templar. They were armed monks who practiced variants of the Benedictine Rule. Lifers. You could join for a few years as a confratre, but *you* had to pay *them.*
>>
>>29908484
>>29908047
Oh ok
>>
>>29908510
Can I wiki that too
>>
>>29908077
just like the templars then.
>>
>>29908785
What go broke for land and resources and get caught up in politican discomfort just like the templars
>>
A lot of DEVGRU guys think of themselves as templars and wear crosses.
>>
>>29906193
Is there any kind of organized religion or religious belief that centers around special operations capable forces?

>I always thought that was what /k was.
>>
>>29906193

>I always figured that was what /k/ was for.
>>
>>29906754
Really? I figured there'd be more Anglicans.
>>
>>29910944
>organized
>/k/
>>
File: 3WO0I0u.jpg (16 KB, 393x394) Image search: [Google]
3WO0I0u.jpg
16 KB, 393x394
Sikhism comes closest to being "For Operators. By Operators."

But other than that you'd be stuck with some weird branch of Christianity. I'd just stick with the religion I'm in now, or pick one that I actually resonated with. Not just one to look cool.
>>
I've heard some people believe that Rangers are SOF.
>>
>>29911421
what would you consider them?
>>
>>29911463
light infantry
>>
>>29911560
while they for sure aren't Special Forces, they do fall into Special Operations Command, making them a Special Operations Force. I get what you're saying, though. they're Direct Action instead of Unconventional, but they still are SOF
>>
>>29911421
Formally they're under tier 3 of SOCOM, they;re elite infantry. They're the US's way of deploying troops without declaring war.
>>
>>29910895
it's a college football team, not a religious thing.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.