[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright, how would one purchase one of these legally in the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: rtn_ncs_products_lras3a_img.jpg (15 KB, 200x120) Image search: [Google]
rtn_ncs_products_lras3a_img.jpg
15 KB, 200x120
Alright, how would one purchase one of these legally in the USA?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmOXCjg9NOU
http://www.raytheon.com/capabilities/products/lras3/
>>
>>29891943
bump?

this thing is awesome, tell me you don't want the ability to spot items of interest a kilometer away in complete darkness?
>>
>>29891943
need about 500k or more. I know if you break one of the carrying handles it cost like 2-3 grand.

Cool thing with these is being able to shoot a grid, but i have doubts on civillian side if you will be able to use the gps. Also my favorite fact with these is that they can see about 26 miles, but thats because the earth is round. If you sit up higher you can see farther.
>>
>>29892043
mm yeah, half a million is too much
>>
>>29891943
I want to become a 13F. Can any one tell me more about this?
>>
>>29891943

What does this do that's so special? Is it just a very crisp FLIR/NV unit with crazy magnification?
>>
>>29892763

Binos but fancy.

It uses hybrid thermal/ir so you get light amplification and thermal signatures. Incredible resolution, you can tell if someone's wearing a wedding ring from miles away. Commonly used by armored recon because it's heavy as shit, but I guess some 13F's might get it too - though they'd probably rather have their fancy steiner binos.
>>
File: 1451055364595.png (363 KB, 500x558) Image search: [Google]
1451055364595.png
363 KB, 500x558
>>29891943
That feel when looking at this footage is routine.
>>
>>29891943
What's so illegal about wanting a military radio like that in the image?
>>
>>29892763
You want to know more about the LRAS3, or about becoming a 13F?
>>
>>29892917
Both. It was my understanding that 13Fs are the ones who use these
>>
File: 2010.jpg (72 KB, 604x453) Image search: [Google]
2010.jpg
72 KB, 604x453
>>29892937
That is a tricky question... see just about every MOS has a theoretical role to carry out. I was a Sgt 13B. I joined up expecting to ride around in an LMTV and performing some role crewing a M198, M777, or a little M119, MAYBE a M109. Turned out, I was qualified on all of them, then we turned in our guns and got changed up to maneuvers and COIN and I spent my tour in a class two caiman mrap behind a M-240. I ran into some 13F when we were in Erbil. They were in an M1127 recon encamped on a hill. Even they didn't know what they were there for, and weren't in contact with any friendly batteries. Before that they were doing patrols in the cites and towns same as we were, but they were doing it in the recon they were camping out of. Pretty unsafe and they weren't happy about it. You could end up like this guy I knew and stuck in with the 10th mountain doing all kinds of jobs the hard way, or you might get dumped into an S shop doing power point. So depending on your expectations and some luck, you might have a fine time serving out your contract, or you might get to be a door gunner on a helo (I shit you not) like a few nervous E3's I knew. Things can get really mixed up in a wartime setting. Peacetime, well you are most likely going to spend a bunch of time on FTX not loving life, doing a bunch of weird cold war era training. Ugh... Or worse, get stationed in Korea... What are you looking to get out of the Army and how long are you looking to sign up for? pic related, OIF 09-10
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.