[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are Tom Clancy books/films/games the pinnacle of /k/? Or just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: IMG_20160509_144117.jpg (22 KB, 312x161) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160509_144117.jpg
22 KB, 312x161
Are Tom Clancy books/films/games the pinnacle of /k/? Or just one end of the spectrum?
>>
>>29891911
This thread pops up somewhat often. His older work is better, and his newer work is garbage. The Division and Siege are shit games that only sold because of his name.
>>
They are definitely on "the spectrum."
>>
>>29891934
I was really referring to OG Splinter Cell, and the book games. I enjoy Division but Siege, despite being a good game is in no way a good Rainbow 6. So yeah, old school spirit of the franchise I mean
>>29891937
I saw this coming, haha.
>>
>>29891911
if Tom Clancy is dead, how did he develop Rainbow Six: Siege and The Division? Did he work on those before he died? Or were those supposed to be tributes to him?
>>
>>29891911
>1911
nice get
>>
>>29892054
He sold his naming rights to ubisoft. He had a lot of control I hear over his games. It's why the division got delayed so much. Once he died they redid the game like THEY wanted it.
>>
>>29892054
He's dead. Most of the new Clancy stuff I think's from Ubisoft Montreal because they're the only branch with a medium to set up psychic conference calls.
>>
>>29892116
Did he have any direct involvement in anything Division? I thought everything but EndWar and Division were based on his books, with the two mentioned just having his franchise name.
>>
>>29892116
I'm pretty sure he had very little control of the games even when he was alive. Maybe he worked closely with teams for the older Rainbow Six games, but anything beyond that I think was Ubisoft slapping his name on the cover.
>>
File: image.jpg (188 KB, 772x817) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
188 KB, 772x817
>the division is good
>siege is shit
Am I being memed?
>>
>>29891911
To give you a comparison, his older books would literally take 3 pages explaining what happens in the first second of a nuclear explosion, these new books assume you already know about the weapon systems anyways, but it'll explain it again.....t b h f a m I just want a techno thriller about only military battles and stuff...no love stories or other crap...i just read the War that Never was, highly recommend it
>>
>>29892183
Good game, not good Rainbow Six. No campaign, half-assed terrorist hunt, and really vague story for terrorist hunt. In a series that the 1998 Rogue Spear game had you fighting the "Islamic State" in the first mission. Yeah, pre-9/11 Rainbow 6 called ISIS. So story and teamwork (at least scale of teamwork) it's downhill.

I really liked Division's story and setting. Average gameplay, but overall a good entry and didn't feel like the core game was just a game mode.
>>
>>29892245
Admittedly, siege is only about multiplayer. I like it because a squad if 5 world perfectly if there's communication and everyone knows their role. The division was a great idea and u really wanted to like it but fuck, horrible execution.
>>
>>29892229
I actually didn't know he had any newer books. I mean, games and licensed spin off books from different authors, I know but all my Clancy novels are from the nineties.
>>
>>29892263
I think Siege was pieced together really well as a stopgap so R6 wouldn't just die altogether. I just want a proper R6 eventually, and the series revolve around cowadooty-style e-sports where 90% of the consumers can't even buy the game without a parent present. The Clancy games I grew up with were always a little mature in the atmosphere, even if they played slow and deliberate instead of a blockbuster pace where 13-year-olds turn a tactical shooter into e-sports trick shooting.
>>
>>29892304
*and the series NOT revolve
>>
>>29891937
"Hilarious and original" - No One.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.