[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
1945 battle
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: 1945 battle.jpg (501 KB, 1024x832) Image search: [Google]
1945 battle.jpg
501 KB, 1024x832
/k/ what if the soviets attacked in 1945 in otocber against the us in the south, and who would win?
Comparing everything here doctrines,equipment,training, and logistics.
>>
>>29891626
wat
>>
southern germany
>>
>>29891626
We have more ammo, they'll run out of men eventually
>>
the south as in american appalachia? theyd get cannibalized by herschel and bubba
>>
>>29891626
>DA COMRADE AMERICANSKI
>WE TAKE PHOTO THAT LOOK LIKE SHOOTING NAZI
>MAYBE I COME TO MONTANA AND GET AMERICAN WIFE
>>
>>29891626
Moscow nuked.

Soviets starve no more lend lease food.

Stalin dies by the hands of his own guard.

Soviet Union collapses 40 years ahead of schedule.
>>
>>29891626
How long before the US starts nuking the USSR?
How long before an immediate halt to lend-lease starts to hurt the Rooskies?
>>
The United States would win.

We had a better navy by the end of 1945.
>>
>>29891626
Then there would've been a revolution in Russia and the US would win by default.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Unthinkable
>>
>>29892031
Woulda been so rad.
>>
>>29893635

This.

Roughly 20% of the the entire population of Russia died during WW2. They were abso-fucking-lutely done by the time 1945 hit. If Stalin had pushed not only for another war but a war of belligerence he would have been killed before he even left the room.

The brutality of World War 2 pushed the Soviet Union (and later Russia) into its policy of "we do not want to directly fight the West but also have to show we will kill their shit if they make the first move" that has continued to this day.
>>
>>29892650
>How long before the US starts nuking the USSR?
how long would it take to get the nuke and a b29 that can carry it to an airbase in yurop?
>How long before an immediate halt to lend-lease starts to hurt the Rooskies?
a couple months
apparently we gave them enough steel for 2 WW2s but i'd imagine food and other stuff like that would be an issue
especially if they're trying to push towards yurop and have to deal with their own scorched earth
>>
>>29892031
I can only wish. Imagine if russia got to bask in the post war boom like everyone else. That would have been great
>>
>>29891626
which side would Yugoslavia land on tho
>>
>>29893809
Probably neither, unless someone invaded Yugoslavia.
>>
>>29891626
If Soviets attacked in October... would've been fairly bleak for Allied defenses. Soviets had a stupidly large manpower and tank advantage in May. By June large amounts of US Divisions were re-locating to the Pacific Theater in preparation for Operation Downfall. If Soviets had used those months to re-organize, refit and re-arm their forces then they could've realistically taken most of Eastern Europe if they so chose at the time.

The biggest deciding factor though would've been on the decision to use Nuclear Bombs as America would hold the monopoly on them for the following 4 years (1st soviet nuke August 1949). By August a second mkIIIA Fat Man was ready and December saw another Mk-I Little Boy be ready. Production mostly slowed due to discovery of reactor poisoning and tweaking of the bombs for different potential. June 1946 saw 9 implosion bombs in the US Stockpile. Note requested was in the hundreds for use in a proposed anti-soviet campaign if need arrived.

http://blog.nuclearsecrecy.com/2012/05/09/weekly-document-the-first-atomic-stockpile-requirements-september-1945/
>>
>>29892010
Underrated movie and post
>>
>>29893933
>If Soviets had used those months to re-organize, refit and re-arm their forces
That's the thing though, Russia was entirely dependent on US supplies and equipment, less so by this time in the war, but still a considerable amount.
>>
I think politics would get in the way. Russia would probably steamroll through europe easily and there would be peace talks by 1946, with Russia just getting more europe and a lot more blood under its hands.

Since relations would be really sour in any case, the cold war would probably go hot at some point in the 50s with Fallout-like (the game) results.
>>
>>29891626
3~7 years, the USSR ceases to exist.
And the world is worse off for it.
>>
>>29894219
>And the world is better off for it.
fixed
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.