[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Glock 17
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5
File: 1462728198130-1335099658.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
1462728198130-1335099658.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Hey, I was just issued my glock 17 for my job. I come from a nogunz family so I have limited experience with guns apart from what they trained me in the academy.

The gold dot ammunition is pricey for my wallet and I want to use cheaper ammo to practice. However I remember the range saying that certain types of ammo will mess up the gun. What ammo types or brands are good?

Pic related is my gun.
>>
No ammo types will mess up your gun. Get whatever is cheapest to practice with.

Make sure you put a mag or two of the gold dots through it at least once, though. They typically recoil a little more and it's good to be familiar with it.
>>
>>29879701
You don't use gold dots for practice negro. Use lawman because according to speer, it's the """"""""""""""""""""""""""training equivalent"""""""""""""""""""""""" to gold dots. PMC bronze, federal brass and as mentioned before lawman are good to go. Buy your shit in bulk and save more money.
>>
Jesus, you think they'd cover this shit at a police academy.

Just buy whatever the cheapest brass case ammo you can find for training. I like speer lawman 124 FMJs and I buy them usually at SGAmmo.com.
>>
Winchester white-box 9mm is alright. Pretty affordable, available at your local Wal-Mart.
>>
>>29879735
>Winchester white-box 9mm is alright

*dirty as shit and overpriced
>>
>>29879735

I steer clear of white box since I have multiple dud rounds and fucked up cases that cause the ammo not to chamber properly. Just my experience, QC on white box is shit.
>>
>>29879701
Anything that's not unjacketed lead.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2694x2409) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2694x2409
>>29879701
I feed everything through my pistols. Heard an old wives tale about Tula, so I just avoid aluminum or steel casings.
>>
>>29879701
The rules are simple
>Big brand name manufacturers - NO Freedum Munitions, bubba-fudd's "new production" ammo, etc
>NO Reloads
You decide if you wanna shoot the cheapest shit there is, which is currently Tulammo 115gr 9mm, at 14.6cpr@ cheaperthandirt (Fuck off cunts, they the cheapest. take your shitslinging elsewhere)
Or MEN 124gr NATO german surplus that is going for ~22cpr @SGammo.

You want SD ammo? use P9HST1. Best performer handsdown. Goes for .50cpr @SGAmmo, some people selling for less than that on respectable forums.
>>
>>29879750
I was told to buy a Glock 26 after I graduate soon. The stores I been to have it for around 400 or so but they all on backorder in my area. I never bought or owned a gun apart from my issued 17. Is that a fair price? The owner recommend the shield brand gun. What's are your opinions on that?

I live in nyc if that helps.
>>
>>29879792
you qualify for Glock Blue-label pricing due to your affinity for donuts. Just FYI. Also, consider a G43 instead for backup gun, G26 is literally a block, and the height with a pinkymag is the same size as a G19 with normal mag.
>>
>>29879750
>Recoil of G43 vs G26 w/pinkymag
which feels better? Which gets back on target faster?
>>
>>29879839
We are only allowed to carry the sig p239, g26, s&w 3914, and shield 9 off duty. So it was to be between those. I can buy anything but iam only legally allowed to carry the before mentioned guns in nyc while doping my daily business. There will be a ton of paperwork if I shoot a non authorized gun off duty in a street.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3154x2241) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3154x2241
>>29879850
I do well with either. That's actually a 27 though. I really like the 26/27 with a 19/23 mag and an XGRIP.
>>
>>29879886
G26 can use your G17's mags in a pinch which may be a useful feature and other than grip size mirrors your duty gun in features/trigger.

The 239 and 3914 are relics of the past, and vary wildly from the controls and trigger of your duty gun. I wouldn't recommend either for you, a newer shooter, that will be putting more rounds out of the G17 for practice.

The Shield is smallest modern pistol of those listed which depending on where you carry and how you dress off duty may be a concern.
>>
>>29879993
Alright. Thanks a lot. Also thx for the help guys.
>>
>>29879701
It's a glock, you can feed it most anything and it'll be fine.

The only ammo I'd be cautionary against is hand loads anyone offers, so just buy directly from the gun store.
>>
>>29879701
Perfecta is britty good. I shot winchester before it for $25 a bag of 100. But perfecta is cheaper by a couple bucks and no difference is seen. The only thing that's wierd is that casing and the bullet are the same color.
>>
>>29879886
Upstate new York?
>>
>>29880215
I really wish walmart fags would fuck off with their "cheap" bullshit.

I can buy a 1000rd box of 9mm blazer brass for $216 shipped from sgammo.
>>
>>29880359
Queens
>>
>>29879792
>I live in NYC
Are you NYPD?
>>
File: standard-9mm-lead-ammo.jpg (10 KB, 268x322) Image search: [Google]
standard-9mm-lead-ammo.jpg
10 KB, 268x322
>>29879701
dont shoot unjacketed plain lead bullets or reloads
thats it
>>
>>29881425
Yeah. I grad in two months
>>
>>29879739
>>29879744
Can confirm. I'd post a picture of all the gas blowby I got while using WWB, but the pic is over the size limit and I don't want to fuck around with sizing and res.
>>
>>29879750
I shoot A LOT of aluminum and tula and have never had an issue.
>>
>>29879701
any ammo you put through it should be full metal jacket, or FMJ

glock rifling can cause lead build up with unjacketed lead ammo which can lead to unsafe pressure and the gun blowing up in your hand.
>>
>>29881513
Nice, congrats. If you don't mind me asking, how long did it take from the time you took the exam to starting the academy? I tested for a big city and am next month taking another's exam. Are they still doing IMPACT patrols for rookies?
>>
>>29881566
fuddlore
>>
>>29881744
>What is glocknade?
The post.
>>
ammo wont matter.

pull the slide and you got 5 seconds till it blows
>>
>>29879782
What's the issue with Freedom Munitions? They were cheap and I've been thinking of buying a few boxes to test them out as range ammo.
>>
>>29879724
They just need white niggers of double digit IQ who will follow orders.
>>
don't buy perfecta from walmart. shit sucks
>>
>>29881730
Impact is dead. They change the name of every program every few years. Same shit different name, so the public thinks it is actually different. It took about three years for them to get back t me after I took the test.
>>
>>29881930
every 3 or so months somebodies gun kbs with freedom. they do seem to move enough product that the 1 guy is statistically insignificant but it happens with enough frequency to beware.
theres the other issue of their reloads costing roughly the same as normal factory ammo
>>
>>29882019
>It took about three years for them to get back t me after I took the test.
No shit! Wow. Chicago is almost as bad. But now with nobody showing up for the exam, not sure how NYPD is but CPD is lottery, and the hiring is expedited now due to lot of retiring.
>>
>>29879701
hey I bought some Winchester 9mm NATO, will it explode my Glock 17 Gen 3?
>>
>>29882052
NYC goes by list numbers, so the older tests will go first till they been exhausted and so on.

Now it should be faster since they doing four small classes a year now. Trying to make it so that people hear back a year after test. How is Chicago pd? What guns do they use?
>>
>>29882071
This is bait, your not even trying anon
>>
>>29882299
but im asking seriously

NATO spec 9mm is +P right?
>>
>>29881930
been using them in a g17, 2k rounds down the pipe, no cleaning torture test, no problems
>>
>>29882136
>How is Chicago pd? What guns do they use?
I'm not on the job yet, just took the exam, waiting on my lottery #. It's fucked up, new recruits G17/19. After probationary period you can choose M&P, XD, and Glock. If you were LEO pre-2008 Sig Sauer. Same for your choice of 9mm, 45 or 40. Saw a few old timers with wheel guns at the test.
>>
>>29883769
Same with us but add the sig as well for duty. They change it every five seconds though so there are a million different gun types throughout each class. Good luck getting in.
>>
>>29883813
Thanks, anon. Take it easy yourself.
>>
>>29881879
That's not what causes glockanade
>>
>>29879886
>they tell you what you're allowed to carry off-duty
What the fuck?
>>
>>29879701
You can use aluminum. It's plenty soft and you're not reloading anyway.
>>
>>29879792
>>29881513
how do you like being a soon to be NYPD?
Im debating if I should join the Boston police department or not. We might be freedom hating states but I cant move just yet
>>
>>29885005
Feels really good so far. Being able to legally carry a gun anywhere I go without question in NYC is insane. Feel to weird concealing a gun when I never carried one before. People here would literally kill for that right. I am going to my command for first time soon as well. Very exciting.

I don't know much about Boston PD but I do know that joining any police force will allow you to go into areas and do things that people can only dream about.
>>
>>29885502
>dat powerhungry
>no longer pleb
you should pull over a big fat black woman and taze her around to celebrate mang.
>>
>>29885502
Sup copbro, I've been working since December at a small town PD in IL and carry a G22 but my chief is just now deciding to let us choose between 9mm and .40 so I'm trading in my G22 for a G17 soon.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.