[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
BOOMSTICK THREAD
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5
File: 1462245598212.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
1462245598212.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Why do people advocate for ARs for HD well shotguns are so much more effective at household distances?
>post your shotguns
>tell me why I'm wrong
>>
that is a nice m4, although a little too mall-ninja for my taste.

buckshot doesn't really start to spread out noticeably until ~25m, so at those close distances it's just the volume and mass of the rounds that make for effective incapacitation
>>
File: brehs.webm (3 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
brehs.webm
3 MB, 800x450
Hickok says that ARs are better than shotguns for HD. Makes sense to me really.
>>
>>29850939
It's still close to an ounce of lead per shot.
>>
File: 1461112706842.jpg (42 KB, 650x396) Image search: [Google]
1461112706842.jpg
42 KB, 650x396
>>29850908
But OP I don't opt for ARs when it comes to home defense because I don't want to kill my dog in the next room
And I don't opt for scatter gats either because I'm not trying to buy all new paint and drywall when some dumbass devices to break in
I don't understand how its so difficult to understand a pistol caliber carbine is the perfect home defense weapon
>>
File: IMG_9850.jpg (3 MB, 1920x1280) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9850.jpg
3 MB, 1920x1280
>>29850908
I choose AR-15 because
>30 round capacity standard
>low penetration with 55gr defensive loads, much less than buckshot or pistol rounds
>still gonna kill niggas dead
>>
>>29850908
that is illegal in the great state of California

>shotguns with pistol grips are known to the state of California to cause cancer
>>
Well because of the chance of there being multiple intruders, or if I missed, I'd take the AR. Although if I had a semi auto shotgun I think I'd grab that instead.

Personally though, my house has such narrow hallways that I'd be better off with a handgun.
>>
>>29850977
checked. yeah tht's basically what i was saying: even if the shot isn't spread out, there's still a lot of it there that's gon get ya

>>29850972
hickok's video was to dispel the myth that "shotguns can't miss; they've got a good spread", and to show that it's really more about rate of fire and capacity rather than pure stopping power, hence the double barrelled shotgun v AR demonstration. AR wins in that scenario because you can easily aim, and make good follow up shots without running out of ammo, plus the shotgun is long piece that would be hard to handle indoors.

whereas with OPs shotgun, a semi auto with something like 7+1 of 2 3/4 shells, it becomes more of a matter of preference
>>
>>29850908
Shotgun rounds over penetrate WAAAY to much
Heavy BTHP ammo in an AR will exhibit much less over penetration.

Shotguns carry few rounds, and are slow to reload. ARs are the polar opposite of this.

Shotguns were more appropriate back in the day. But they are outclassed. Its not that a shotgun is any less effective now, its that we have much better tools now. Stop getting home defense advice from people on medicare.
>>
>>29850908
>tfw Mossberg 590 Special Purpose with tactical heat shield came in today with my FFL
>FFL was out of his house and is getting tile laid so I can't go pick it up
My box of 00 buck came in today too.
>>
>>29851013
>>29851060
The only thing I would be worried about is killing the intruder as fast as I can. 5.56 to the chest still gives him a small window to fire back, even if you manage to get more than 2 rounds off before he notices and fires back.

The only way I can see 5.56 as quickly killing someone is if you shoot Tyrone in the head. And with all the adrenaline pumping I'd say buckshot to the center chest would be more practical and easier of a target.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.