[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /k/, let's pretend that you replaced the critical plastic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: WrImydy.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
WrImydy.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1200
Hey /k/, let's pretend that you replaced the critical plastic parts from the G36 with machined metal parts, so the gun wouldn't melt and become inaccurate when hot.

Are there any other flaws in the G36?
>>
>>29846479
If your going to upgrade some parts on the G36, why not just get a SCAR 16?

That said, my first rifle related boner was an HK G36k
>>
Proprietary magazine
Too heavy in comparison to other options as is
Other than that really no problems, G36K is the shit
>>
File: 1416202332889.jpg (271 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1416202332889.jpg
271 KB, 1024x768
>>29846479
>Are there any other flaws in the G36?+ 0 post omitted.

Not an ar15.
>>
>>29846506
>adapt G36 to take stanag mags
>>
that carry handle is stupidly high, even with irons youre basically doing a cheek weld.
>>
>>29846524
>Posts dickmod
Way to highlight the worst thing to happen to the AR platform, you sure showed him.
>>
>>29846506
>>29846531
doesnt the g36 have a stanag magwell option?
>>
File: DSC03761.jpg (2 MB, 2210x1241) Image search: [Google]
DSC03761.jpg
2 MB, 2210x1241
>>29846536
*chin weld
>>29846538
>worst thing
thats not the m16a2
>>
>>29846479
Why are they just so fucking sexy.

I dont know if there is a civilian version of this in semi-auto you can buy, but is there? I know there is the SL8 but it doesnt look the same
>>
>>29846548
Only half of the m16a2 was shit. Of course it could be argued that the sights and burst only far outweighs the actual upgrades over the a1.
>>
File: hk243_all.jpg (73 KB, 775x476) Image search: [Google]
hk243_all.jpg
73 KB, 775x476
>>29846550
hk 243
coming to the US when ATF allows it (never)
>>
File: why.png (368 KB, 664x606) Image search: [Google]
why.png
368 KB, 664x606
>>29846564
*hk 293
>tfw never ever
>>
>>29846574
I think all they really need to do is ship them with a plug in the magwell, and let the barrels used be american, similar to what FN does with the scars.

but then you have that 922r shit
>>
>>29846614
The SCAR barrels are Belgian, aren't they?
>>
>>29846614
No. They'd have to SL8/USC it.
Once you really see the German export to U.S. laws it really is a nightmare.
What H&K needs to do is just move stateside like FNH.
>>
>>29846634

Commercial SCAR's are imported with Belgian barrels. The SBR length barrels are made by FNM (now FN America) in South Carolina.
>>
>>29846649
Doesn't H&K already have stateside facilities? I thought they had to for military contracts. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
>>
>>29846663
They do, but the only thing they're making stateside is the HK45(C).
Not sure, but maybe a few components of the MR guns also.

That's it though, they really need to step it up.
They've wanted to drop the roller series production for a long time (or so the rumors go), I can only dream they'd be smart enough to move production stateside and let them take over for civilian sales.
Alas, it will all probably be destroyed or sold to some 3rd world country instead...
>>
>>29846649
german exportss to the US is no different than any other country. if its available for civillians in germany its available for civillians in most other countries, see EU and canada.
>>29846649
FN only produces certain parts and guns in the us.
the scars come with a plug for the mag, so its not considered a scary assault weapon, and circumvents that shit, and in additian the modify enough parts/use american made parts, so the gun fulfill the 922r rules

and HK-usa already exist. and you dont want those guys to make any guns. they are the reason for the HK hates us meme.
they literally made their own proprietary hk keymod and slapped it on the mr556.
while european 416s use proper keymods
>>
>>29846479

The vast majority of G-36 users haven't any any issues.

The German army is only group that had problems.

They demanded discount price and they got discount quality for it.
>>
>>29846683
>the only thing they're making stateside is the HK45
What about the modified G28 we just adopted?
As far as H&K needing to step it up, I completely agree. The HK sympathizers will be quick to point out they tried out the US game once, and got burned for it by the ATF and other generally big anti-gunners of the time because their guns were "scary". But at this point, I think the success of companies like FN combined with the seemingly high demand for HK rifles should be a sign to HK that things would be far better for them this time around.
>>
>>29846727
>What about the modified G28 we just adopted?
and the m27 IAR

they might get some special rules since its relatively small military orders
>>
>>29846725
could be, couldnt find any private complaints about it
>>
>>29846479
>other flaws

Well, think about this. Let's compare it to an M4, first.

A G36K, with a 12.5" barrel (actual length is something like 13.7" - they don't count the flash hider length when calculating barrel length), is 33.9" with the stock unfolded.

An M4 Carbine has a 14.5" barrel, and is 33" with the stock extended all the way.

A G36K is 7.3lbs unloaded. An M4A1 is about 6.3lbs.

Compared to the SIG 551, the G36K is about an inch longer (still has the shorter barrel of the two), but slightly lighter.

What it boils down to is that, for a combat arm, it's on the large, long, and heavy side of other comparable weapons in the same categories, and with a shorter barrel than contemporary examples in said same categories.

It's not a BAD weapon by any means, if all accounts from various militaries and police/LE agencies all over are any indication. At the time, it was an attempt to be forward-thinking and revolutionary, while offering high reliability and flexibility ("future-proof"). It did well enough in those regards, and if the end-user forces decide they'd be willing to accept its trade-offs compared to, say, AR-15/M-16 type weapons, then they've got a pretty darn good weapon on their hands.

I'd personally take an M4A1 or M4-clone AR-15 over one, though, if I was going to keep it for constant use.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.