[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
First Gun Purchase
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: download.jpg (6 KB, 263x192) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6 KB, 263x192
I just turned 18 and would like to own my first gun. I am looking to spend ~$500. I was looking at a handgun as I live alone in a somewhat bad part of my city for the purposes of self-defence and practice. I think I would like a 9mm and am wondering what /k/ would recommend, or something completely different? I was seriously looking at a Glock 17
>>
>>29841553
Man I wish I could get a handfun at 18

Try a glock 27 or 29 if cc is allowed in your state, plus go to a range and try out a few models to see which one feels best in your hand
>>
>>29841553
are you sure you can get a handgun at 18 in your state (US im assuming)? just making sure
>>
>>29841553
Try and find a place that will let you handle them, or better yet shoot them. Find something in your price range and try it. If you like it, get it. Most modern automatics in that price range won't have any issues.
>>
Glock 17 was my first handgun. Great range gun and nightstand comforter but too chunky for carry unless you live in an open carry state. 19 is perfect for concealed though.
>>
>>29841553
Sorry to burst your bubble but you have to be 21 to buy a handgun or handgun ammo in the USA, at least from an FFL, then it is on you to convince sales clerks that that box of Hornandy Critical defense is for your 9mm "Rifle".
>>
>>29841582
Yes
>>
>>29841634
21 to buy 18 to own. Just giving the money to my father . he purchase then give to me. Does that not work?
>>
>>29842058
Technically a straw purchase and illegal. But fuck the government, never tell anyone.
>>
>>29841553
lol 21 to buy and own handgun by me 'NY'
18 to buy and own rifle
>>
>>29842191
No its not a straw purchase. Let this meme die. A strawpurchase is when you purchase a firearm for someone you know can not legally possess it. Such as a felon, a minor, or someone adjudicated mentally defective. It is perfectly legal for your dad to buy you your handgun OP, but dont mention it at the shop or anything because so many gun shop employees dont know anything. When volunteering at my friends gun shop while he was having some staffing issues, I was scolded for allowing a teenager who was under my supervision and his parents supervision to hold a for sale firearm that he saw in a video game and wanted to hold. He said it was "transferring" a firearm to a minor and could cost him his FFL and jail time blah blah blah. I didnt argue with him, his shop his rules....but the fucking ignorance of gun shop employees amazes me. FWIW the kid knew and demonstrated the rules of firearms safety and even chamber checked it first.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.