[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Expertise Requested
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: Federal LCP 5-4-16.jpg (2 MB, 2880x2160) Image search: [Google]
Federal LCP 5-4-16.jpg
2 MB, 2880x2160
Can a /k/ommando help me out? I want to know if pic related was my gun's fault or my ammo's fault.

I ask because I've had jams in other guns before but none looked like this and I wasn't examining my ammo while loading. Gun is a NIB 2014 LCP and ammo was whatever Federal calls their white box stuff. This happened on the 2nd round of the Federal but I had no problems shooting through the rest of the box. 132 Rounds total of various brands today with just that one hangup.

Thanks.
>>
>>29840133
Tough to say but I would guess combo of the gun and you.

Since it's a new gun and it was the 2nd round decent odds that you had a slightly off grip or something.

Did you clean and oil the gun before you shot it?
>>
>>29840199

Gun was clean and lubed. Also this happened after a box of Winchester.

Your guess is what I assumed at first but the way the copper from the bullet is pulled over the case seems unusual to me. Never seen that before and I'm not sure it's even possible to do. Looks more like the case shaved off some copper during assembly but I could easily be wrong.
>>
File: Federal LCP Side 5-4-16.jpg (2 MB, 2880x2160) Image search: [Google]
Federal LCP Side 5-4-16.jpg
2 MB, 2880x2160
>>29840282
Meant to attach a second pic.
>>
Did not pass CQ at the factory. Reloaders can easily replicate this.
>>
>>29840133
>Glass counter literally COVERED in razor blade scratches

Man, why can't I work in a store that sells guns and lets me do coke...
>>
>>29840324
*Quality Control...
>>
>>29840324
Cool that's kinda what I was thinking but I've never reloaded.

>>29840340
They're much less visible in person.
>>
>>29840481
yeah that looks exactly like some of my early reloads
>>
>>29842106
Thank you for your expertise.
>>
>>29840133
I've seen this a few times over the years. It's just a manufacturers defect.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.