[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shoulder holsters, not just for cops. Whoever uses shoulder
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 10
File: JACKASS_b.jpg (402 KB, 999x936) Image search: [Google]
JACKASS_b.jpg
402 KB, 999x936
Shoulder holsters, not just for cops.

Whoever uses shoulder holsters - What do you carry in it? Full size semiautomatics, revolvers?
>>
>>29837555
Theres a fat inuit guy who posts here with a cz and a shoulder holster.
Fact of the matter is that if you aren't plump with whale blubber and seal meat they aren't that comfortable or concealable. I have that exact setup as op for my glock 17 and its only comfortable for short periods, and being a thin guy its not concealable at all. I use mine pretty much only in the winter time when I'm driving a lot, its easier to reach than my preferred IWB holster, or when I'm hunting, so I can carry my rifle on a sling without the stock bashing into my gun.
>>
Shoulder holsters are nice if you're in a vehicle a lot since you can still draw without the seatbelt getting in the way. They generally require a heavier cover garment than a belt holster though which may be uncomfortable.

Medium or full-sized auto. It's also probably the best way to carry something like a scoped Thompson Contender or the like since it's less likely to get banged around than it would on the hip/thigh.
>>
>>29837604
>Fact of the matter is that if you aren't plump with whale blubber and seal meat they aren't that comfortable or concealable

For you maybe.concealment is worse all around with just about every method for fat guys. Having a properly fitted shoulder holster is what matters.
>>
I feel like these would be a good option in a full suit.
>>
File: d35.jpg (49 KB, 640x802) Image search: [Google]
d35.jpg
49 KB, 640x802
>>29837555
>Whoever uses shoulder holsters

Whoever uses shoulder holsters is a faggot ass fedora wearing douchebag.

There you go OP, I fixed it for you.
>>
they're typically recommended to people who spend a lot of time in a vehicle, and may need to draw inside their vehicle

truck drivers, limo/taxi drivers, etc.

some people I know wear them during the colder months as an excuse to carry their 1911 or 5" sw 29 or whatever. so yes, full size autos and revolvers usually

galco and falco are the best brands
>>
>>29837555
92fs. She's big and beefy and keeps my shoulder safe.
>>
>>29837694
>a shoulder holster fucked my mom
>then it fucked my wife
I'll admit, I would be salty too, you pathetic, fedora-obsessed cuck
>>
>>29837663
Thats what I said, I'm not fat so its uncomfortable.
I know a lot of people who browse /k/ are fat though, but there are thin people here too.
>>
File: CZ sp-01.png (1 MB, 753x502) Image search: [Google]
CZ sp-01.png
1 MB, 753x502
>>29837555
both, one of the major perks of a shoulder holster is how comfortably I can carry almost any handgun, and have little to no chance of printing unless you wear a thin jacket picking up one of these in a month to test out with my shoulder rig
>>
>>29837555
It's good if you're in the climate that can accommodate a coat, then you can carry essentially whatever you want.
>>
>>29837555
The miami special is a based holster op.
>>
I have a hi power and want one...
>>
File: 000_0007-1-1.jpg (76 KB, 798x598) Image search: [Google]
000_0007-1-1.jpg
76 KB, 798x598
>>29837719
(You)
>>
>>29837738

I prefer the original Jackass which they sell now. It's slightly different and more comfortable angle to me.

I wear one during the winter months, because it's hot as fuck here in Georgia most of the year. Conceal carry a Steyr GB in a surplus military holster. Or sometimes a glock 20 in a galco holster.
>>
>>29837720
No, you stated your preference as an objective truth, which is suppose means you can't wear a pack either. YOU don't find the single (or however few) you've tried and that's fine, but it's not a rule. You could gain 150lbs and you probably still wouldn't like them but the skeleton next to you may like his if it's actually fitted and adjusted properly
>>
>>29837791

The only thing wrong with this picture is he should purchase a belt in his correct size, so that there isn't a ton of overhang.

Also instead of separate suspenders, have it one unit with the shoulder holster.

And he's missing a gold tone watch, but otherwise, a decently dressed individual. Slacks would be preferable but jeans are acceptable.
>>
>>29837694
>it's no longer mainstream so I'll call him a cuck
>I don't believe in personal preference or utility
>>
>>29837791
d-dad?
>>
>>29837817
Holy shit you think that's acceptable lmao you poor soul.
>>
OP here, I spend a lot of time driving and such which is why I asked.

I have a Px4 compact - Yes I know literally shit throw it out and get a glock or something - Bad choice for shoulder holster? Just get a full size 92fs?
>>
>>29837857

I dress like that nigga
>>
>>29837965
I'm sorry anon, perhaps a farm girl or chubby will date you.
>>
>>29837865
just cause you can conceal a fullsize with a shoulderholster doesnt mean you have to
carry the compact if you like it
>>
>>29837857
Whatever you say inner city /fa/. How was the met gala?
>>
>>29837996

A farm girl does date me anon. How did you know?
>>
File: 26372.jpg (16 KB, 200x275) Image search: [Google]
26372.jpg
16 KB, 200x275
>>29837694
The only faggots that don't like shoulder holsters are the fat fucks. This is indisputable.
>>
File: DSC04932.jpg (89 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
DSC04932.jpg
89 KB, 640x480
I was gonna get pic related for my model 10-8. Good idea or bad?
>>
>>29837855
Thought it was mine too, but he's a Feel the Bern kind of guy.
I hide my power level from him because of "I don't see any reason anyone should own a gun", despite having had bears rummaging in his yard, and coyotes in the valley behind his house
>>
>>29838022
Every person I know who uses a shoulder holster is fat as fat.
I'm >>29837604
6'4" 195lbs, shit hurts my ribs.
>>
File: 1462360771148.gif (1 MB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1462360771148.gif
1 MB, 500x500
>>29838022
>The only faggots that don't like shoulder holsters are the fat fucks. This is indisputable.

Literally everyone who likes shoulder holsters is because they're fat.

Look, I can be retarded too!
>every person who hates appendix carry is a skeleton
>>
File: v1.jpg (121 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
v1.jpg
121 KB, 800x1200
>>29838146
>EVERYONE I KNOW IS FAT!!!!
Maybe you just live in a shitty area, bro.
>>
>>29838189
I live in the thinnest state in the country.
Most people use IWB kydex holsters.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (13 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
13 KB, 480x360
>>29838163
>>29838315
Whatever you say, Jabba.
>>
>>29837555
I only cc, wearing something to conceal a shoulder holster in AZ heat is a death sentence.
>>
File: 026.jpg (32 KB, 397x504) Image search: [Google]
026.jpg
32 KB, 397x504
>>29838327
>"I feel like a character in Michael Mann's Miami Vice"

Shoulder holster fags never cease to amaze me. I'm assuming you're going to go on about how 10mm is a manly caliber am I right?
>>
>>29838361
The thing is, it's a pretty crappy draw-stroke.
>>
>>29838361
when did Don Johnson ever wear a hat or vest?

Fucking idiot.
>>
I use a shoulder holster with my bursa 380, it feels better when I'm driving since I don't have shit digging into my hip
>>
>>29837604
I have a huge vertical Bianchi shoulder holster for my Bisley Super Blackhawk (w/7.5" barrel).
I actually CC'ed that thing once when I walked to a local diner at 2AM. It disappeared entirely under a Hawaiian shirt and I hardly noticed the weight. Vertical holsters are slow to draw, but they are very comfortable and will let you conceal surprisingly large guns.

The horizontal holsters are very cool, but the only semi-auto's I have are single action and having the gun constantly pointed at anyone behind me makes me uncomfortable.
>>
>>29837791
How many gooks you kill in the Nam, sir?
>>
>>29837865
I don't know who told you that the px4 is a bad weapon, but punch them. It's a great side arm, I carry a full size, and it works fine for me. It's also fun at the range.
>>
>>29837694
>I don't like the way people carry their firearms
>le fedora meme lol!!!!
kill yourself
>>
I carry my USPc in a Galco when I am riding my bike. Easy and comfy to conceal (especially under a leather jacket), and it is easy to draw if I'm sitting on the bike at an intersection. Only way I'll carry while I ride.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.