[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the Ruger 1911 worth the almost 750-800 dollars it costs?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: ruger 1911.jpg (36 KB, 475x308) Image search: [Google]
ruger 1911.jpg
36 KB, 475x308
Is the Ruger 1911 worth the almost 750-800 dollars it costs?
>>
It's not bad by any means, but I'd get a Springfield Mil-spec model before I bought it. Is it a fair price though? I'd say so.

>I'd actually recommend a Sig 1911 or Springfield Loaded/TRP, but I wanted to answer your actual question instead of only shoving my opinion into the reply like 90% of /k/
>>
>>29832295
Turns out you might have just saved me 30 bucks.
>>
>>29832319
Find a deal on a Springfield or something?
>>
>>29832332
Not sure if it is a deal per say I just googled the firearm you recommended and it is 720 dollars. The Ruger costs 750, roughly but I've seen some go for 900 dollars.
>>
>>29832270
What are you looking for in your 1911, anon?
>>
>>29832340
Don't pay $900 for the Ruger. If you're going to go up to that price point (but under $1k), I'd recommend the Springfield Range Officer.

Slightly more expensive, slightly better in my opinion (target sights vs night sights are a significant difference if you have a strong preference though)
>>
>>29832346
Memes
>>
Check out the colt 1991a1 in that price range too.

I've had one for the past 20 years and it has performed flawlessly outside of the stock magazine spring wearing out. Runs 100% with any other magazine.

The trigger and msh on mine were originally polymer, not sure if they're still doing that. I didn't even change them to metal parts until a few months ago.

Plus it's a colt so that's neat I guess.
>>
>>29832346
Cheap price but still reliable. I already own a Taurus. The Pt/247 one of Taurus's better models, which is not saying much but it is better than no guns. Basically something that if cleaned often will be reliable and fun to shoot and good for personnel protection at the same time.
>>
>>29832356
If you want a meme gun then buy yourself a Coonan .357 Magnum 1911. Or a Colt Delta Elite.
>>
>>29832380
Get a Rock Island Army GI model. MSRP of $529.
>>
>ruger
no
>>
OP I'm >>29832295 and honestly >>29832405 is a good recommendation too if you're just looking for a cheap reliable 1911. People sometimes shit on RI for being cheap, but imo it's one of the few instances of where cheap =/= poor quality. Cheaper than either of the options above and will run like a champ.
>>
>>29832410
Get out Vickers
>>
I paid $530 last year for my SR1911 Commander. Cal-Ranch ran a great deal on them for mothers day.
>>
>>29832405
Rock Island Armory*

>>29832410
Larry Snickers detected
>>
>>29832353
This guy knows what's up. Mil-specs are featureless so that wouldnt have been "saving" anything. SR1911s and ROs can both be found $100 under MSRP easily.

>>29832405
This is also legit if you don't necessarily need the prettiest one on the block and the only GI style that I would bother with aside from genuine govt issue
>>
>>29832270
The thing you should understand is that it's probably a $550 gun by itself, but you are getting some upgrades included with it from the factory, like the extended grip safety, small hammer, Novak style sights and lightened trigger. Together with the upgrades, it ends up appearing to be a good value, assuming you wanted those "upgraded" features, and are comfortable with Ruger's selection of them for you. Since the selling price is often in the $650 range (not $550), you really do pay for those features, though. The Springfield 1911's also play off this sort of gimmickry, offering "upgraded" features from the factory for a premium.

I would strongly recommend looking at a Colt 1991. It's finished much better than anything else at the price point ($700), and it is designed closer to how John Browning originally wanted the gun to be. Remember that the 1911 is a Colt pistol. Buying a Ruger 1911 is literally like buying a Smith and Wesson Glock 17. Why not get the real thing instead?
>>
>>29832405
This. It's one of the most authentic to the 1911's original design and function.
>>
>>29832405
>>29833024
It's really not that good of a gun, and not faithful to any design, M1911, 1911A1, or transitional 1911A1. Just off the top of my head, it's really a 1911A1, but it has some M1911 parts, like the flat MSH, and modern features, like the polymer parts in the magazine, the stainless barrel, and the lowered/flared ejection port. Also, $529 is a terrible price for one of these. As of right now, you can find them online for $393.
>>
File: CAM00800.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
CAM00800.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1944
>>29832405
and if you want done extra features, the rock series has skeletonized triggers, hammers, beavertails, and Novak sights and shit, still at a decent price.

also lifetime warranty.

>all dese ria shills
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.