[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
For legal reasons none of us in the house can own a firearm,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: Crowbar.jpg (39 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
Crowbar.jpg
39 KB, 1200x1200
For legal reasons none of us in the house can own a firearm, how well does a crowbar translate to home defense?
>>
>>29830568
Are you the one mass posting a whole shitload of really stupid bait threads? This is clearly a setup where someone asks why you can't have firearms and then the entire thread devolves into whatever bullshit story you make up. It's not funny, it's not entertaining, it's not cool. Stop it.

No one's falling for them. sage
>>
>>29830568
they fucking hurt
>>
File: 8514.jpg (38 KB, 1050x221) Image search: [Google]
8514.jpg
38 KB, 1050x221
>>29830568
Terribly. You get one swing and that's it. You could poke/thrust with it, but there are better options.

Are you banned from owning machetes or similar? If not, that would be a better option. Get one with a guard. Here's a decent example- an Ontario Machete, made in the USA, 1095 steel, good blade.
>>
File: 20160503_191748.jpg (879 KB, 2120x1296) Image search: [Google]
20160503_191748.jpg
879 KB, 2120x1296
>>29830587
No this is a case of me only having a crowbar to defend myself and I wanted /k/'s thoughts on it, pic is my crowbar
>>
>>29830568
Works against headcrabs
>>
>>29830568
Get a baseball bat, baseball, mitt, must aimed baseball uniform and helmet. If shit happens beat the Fulkerson to death and tell the cops you thought you were gonna die. You are a baseball enthusiast who dindu muffin. A crowbar makes you look like a perp out for blood
>>
Get a longer model and wield it like a rifle/bayonet. Be sure to scream your fucking off while you charge.
>>
>>29830618
>You get one swing and that's it.
You don't swing with the point dumbass, you hit them with the back of the crook.
>>
File: s55099.jpg (8 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
s55099.jpg
8 KB, 400x400
>>29830644
a machete/hedge chopper thing (i forget what they're called) would work better.
you need something that can stab as well as be blunt force trauma.
a wrecking bar (pic related) would work for you too.
>>
>>29830882
>what is momentum
Like I said, you get one swing and that's it.
>>
>>29830899

That's a demolition hammer. Crow bar and wrecking bar are the same thing.
>>
>>29830935
I always called those things wrecking bars since that was the name of one I bought.
thanks for telling me otherwise.
>>
>>29830568
A gladius or gladius type object (machete). If you're in a hallway or otherwise confined area and trying to slug it out with an intruder, your swinging space will be tight so getting a full power swing in with a crowbar probably won't work too well. But stabby/slashy doesn't need that much room to have affect.
>>
>>29830906
And a machete doesn't have momentum?
>>
>>29831125
Your homework assignment is to swing a crowbar and then swing a machete. If you can, see if you can find a properly balanced cutlass or short sword to swing as well.
>>
>>29831139
I'm getting the distinct impression you have never held any of these things, let alone swung them.
>>
>>29830568
yea, wrap some of the cushy baseball bat grip around the lower portion
>>
>>29831267
Not him, but have you ever swung a crowbar? It's incredibly unbalanced, you're not going to be able to bring it back up into position for another swing any time soon. Like he said, you've got one shot.
>>
>>29830568
>For legal reasons none of us in the house can own a firearm,
>a firearm
Blackpowder revolvers and shotguns are not firearms
>>
>>29830568
Lighter longer weapons are better, bats, machete etc but it would help scare someone off

If you have to use it you would be best off using it like a bayonet with the hook in your rear hand
>>
File: images.jpg (7 KB, 284x177) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7 KB, 284x177
>>29830568
Well I, for one, think crowbars are great.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.