[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you all think about the Beretta PX4 compact?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: px4stormcompact_zoom001.jpg (87 KB, 791x600) Image search: [Google]
px4stormcompact_zoom001.jpg
87 KB, 791x600
What do you all think about the Beretta PX4 compact?
>>
Have PX4 Storm in Compact, 9mm. It's garbage, shitty trigger and just feels bad in the hand. Wife loves it though, she has small hands.
>>
The PX4 could have been a very successful pistol if Beretta had 1.) Made it take 92/M9 mags 2.) Moved the safety/decocker off of the fucking slide

Otherwise it is plenty reliable, has a great trigger and is pretty ergonomic
>>
Does the rotating barrel make a noticeable difference in recoil?
>>
>>29830255
Interesting. I love the way the gun feels and since the decocker only mod is free I've been wanting to pick one up. The stores here have those dumb trigger lock though so I can't try the boom switch.

>>29830255
>its trigger is shit
>>29830268
Its trigger is great

t. ./k/
>>
I'm debating between the 92A1 and the PX4, is the 92A1 worth the extra money?
>>
This guy does a decent review on it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrd2mjVFNoM
>>
pretty good but I'd wait for the PX4 Carry to come out. Should be an improved Compact.

>>29830268
>Moved the safety/decocker off of the fucking slide
that's what the mil wanted, which is the PX4's entire reason for being
>>
>>29830215
It's a gun I guess.
>>
>>29830334
>that's what the mil wanted, which is the PX4's entire reason for being

What are you talking about?
>>
>>29830293
If you want a 92 type gun, get the 92FS or a M9/M9A1/M9A3.

The 92A1 and 90-Two use some different components than the other 90 series pistols. Not better or worse but if your gunsmith doesn't know there's a difference, it could cause head aches.
>>
>>29830293
I have a 92A1 and I can honestly say it depends on what you want in a gun. The 92A1 is better for suppressor use, the barrel lock doesn't have the potential for unscrewing the suppressor during use. It's also better for durability, being solid metal and grossly overbuilt (more so than the 92fs), and it's more compatible with spare parts and accessories (outside of some holsters).

However, with all this being said, there are still points where the PX4 prevails, one being price like you mentioned. Another is its availability in an additional caliber (.45acp for the Type F), as well as being over all lighter because of the polymer frame. The barrel locking system is unique, (rotating barrel in full size and compact models, the subcompact use the traditional browning locking system), but not necessarily anything to write home about compared to the 92, both do better than the standard in my opinion.

So get a chance to hold both and make a decision, for me I chose the 92 first, but it's only a matter of time until I get a type F or compact .40 for carry, that's how close to equals I see them.
>>
Just go balls deep and get a M9A3, factory threaded barrel, convertible between F and G configurations, comes with a vertec frame and a grip that makes it like the standard 92. If you aren't sure what 92 you like, get that one because it does everything.(Except DAO)
>>
>>29830274
Yes.
>>
>>29830523
Not to mention finding holsters for the 92A1 can be difficult because of the rail.
>>29830293
I have both, and like them. I'd recommend the PX4 over a 92A1, but a M9/92FS over a PX4 if you're looking for a full size pistol.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.