[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CVC Tanker Helmet Question.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: 00911.jpg (99 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
00911.jpg
99 KB, 640x480
Hey /k/, has anyone ever rewired their DH-132 Helmet liner? I want to rewire it to standard 3.5mm jacks so I can look like a lunatic while answering phone calls in a school zone. Is that even possible? And if it is, would only the earphones work?
>>
Bamp
>>
>>29815283
not a weapon faggot
>>
Standard 3.5mm jacks that include mic are common ground, mic/left/right positive. You'd need a jack and a pinout.

I also have my doubts of a 3.5mm capable device driving the headset without an amplifier.
>>
I would assume you could just put in a new headphone/mic setup in there, but I don't really know anything about those helmets. Post results.
>>
Shouldnt be majorly difficult, post a pic of the connector?
probably go about it cutting the plug off then stripping the wires back then just connect them randomly to an input from your computer or something until you hear sound from the earphones, as for the mic i dunno, i did it to a soviet tanker helmet for when i play ro2, got the throat mic to work too but i cant remember how
>>
>>29815407

Oh forgot to say i put a small 1W amp inside mine for to drive the sound, provably find one on the net, mine used a 9v batt
>>
>>29815390
Yeah OP obviously this should go under
>>>>>>fa
>>
File: helmet_zps725aeb3d.jpg (34 KB, 320x448) Image search: [Google]
helmet_zps725aeb3d.jpg
34 KB, 320x448
>>29815407
I'm driving in my car at the moment. I don't have the vic-1 cables that plug into the pa/intercom system. Here's a pic stolen from google of the end.
>>
File: 20160502_120816.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160502_120816.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
In the meantime, here's a pic of the battle buddy with it on.
>>
File: 1456939354503.jpg (295 KB, 1280x980) Image search: [Google]
1456939354503.jpg
295 KB, 1280x980
>>29815390

M I L I T A R I A
I
L
I
T
A
R
I
A
>>
>so I can look like a lunatic while answering phone calls in a school zone.

Your honesty. I love it. Good luck anon.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
What headset do I need to finish my CVC helmet project?
>>
Don't know if it matters, but I converted military helmets for use with a general aviation intercom and radio.

I have a couple SPH-4 helmets that I use when I fly.
The military uses different headset plugs and the headset operates at a different impedance then the civilian headsets.

It doesn't matter if you are using it in a computer, phone, or in an aircraft. The impedance is the important thing. You need to be able to either buy a special adapter or change out the internals. The special adapters that change the impedance don't work to well, though.

I had to swap out the microphone and a couple speaker parts to fix the impedance difference, and to accommodate the difference jack, I just bought a simple military rotorcraft to general aviation plug adapter and it worked.

Anyway, do research on impedance .
>>
I'll definitely try to make notes while my electronically inclined friend and I do it. Right now I'm just trying to get as much info before a soldering iron is involved.
>>
>>29815390
but its related to weapons via militaria, plus your shitty wast of a bump wont bring down the thread, so please consider suicide
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.