[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are AK's so unreliable?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2
File: Screenshot (109).png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (109).png
1 MB, 1920x1080
When your life is on the line, why trust it to some 3rd world rifle with an outdated and unreliable design?

This Brits AK jams in the middle of a firefight against ISIS. Good thing it wasn't CQC or he'd be dead.

https://www.funker530.com/go-pro-footage-of-brit-fighting-against-isis/
>>
>>29813797
the AK meme strikes again
>>
>>29813804
How is it a meme? He had to completely field strip and use pliers to clear a jam in the middle of a firefight.
>>
>>29813797
>These YPG fighters are often using whatever they can get their hands on
foreigners dont bring their own guns, they go with pretty much the clothes on their back. they get "issued" AKs or whatever else they can buy or take.
>>
>>29813797
>Brit

There's your problem
>>
>>29813797
How would you fix that issue on a ar ? With availible kit.
>>
>>29813797
When you license out your countries assault rifle design to all of your shitty satellite states and 3rd world allies you shouldn't be surprised when they make substandard copies
>>
>>29813797
Stoppage like that is due to either flawed shit ammunition or worn out parts. Possibly both.

Once your AR goes through as many conflicts as those shitty AKs the YPG has it will start failing constantly as well. No gun is eternal you know they will worn out eventually and there is such thing as metal fatigue you know?
>>
>>29813887
Remove rear pin, shotgun, extract BCG, remove stuck case using pliers.

Basically the same. Probably slightly slower. Both would end up with you dead if you didn't have competent allies like he was fortunate enough to have.
>>
>>29814013
Just read combat and training reports from the Tsahal soldiers. Their old as fuck AR's jam all the time. One of them posted here on /k/ that his AR was jamming like every five rounds fired.
>>
>>29813797

Bad ammo is the only reasonable explanation for a malfunction like that.
The first round was out of spec, and therefore the bolt didn't close, preventing the gun from firing.
He cycled in at least 1 new round and it happened again, except this time the round somehow got stuck in the chamber.
Since the 7.62x39 is a tapered cartridge, the round should have slid out easily.
The only explanation is bad ammo.
>>
>>29814146
I guess it's nice to have a cleaning rod
>>
he was limp wristing the AK
>>
>>29814208
No. Its a shitty gun.. deal with it. His battle buddies had no issues m8
>>
>>29814258

His battle buddies also had AKs
>>
>>29814284
No. You don't understand if even one AK anywhere ever fails to deliver it's a shitty gun.

If an AR did that it's ammunition, bad maintenance or bad user. Never guns fault..

Welcome to fanboy world.
>>
What's more reliable the ar15, ar10, ak47,m14,or socom16? I want to buy the most worthy of rifle.
>>
>>29814560
Any mauser 98 based bolt action rifle
>>
>>29814613
What do those cost my friend?
>>
>>29813823
>he was able to completely field strip and clear a severe jam in the middle of a firefight
ftfy
>>
>>29814663
from $250 upwards and your soul.
>>
>>29814672
So as long as you can field strip and clear the malfunction in a timely pace, the gun is good?
>>
>>29814560

If you want complete reliability, do it yourself. Fuck actions, even the best ones are prone to problems. Just pick your favorite cartridge and a nice high-quality nail and fire the bullets yourself.

If you want a job doing properly, do it yourself.
>>
>>29814744
Sure. Ofcourse what you want is a gun that never fails but that is a practical impossibility. So instead what you want is a gun that is both reasonably reliable and fast and easy to field strip and get operational again. AK is all of these as is AR.
>>
Rifle is fine
>>
he shoulda got a WASR
>>
>>29814804
hah this is starting to devolve into the question of the best weapon in s.t.a.l.k.e.r which ends up being... whatever there is ammo available for!
>>
Take a rifle that was made in Russia or China 50 years ago. A rifle that got used in at least three wars in the desert and that got cleaned and oiled maybe 20 times in his whole lifespan. Add bullets bought from a dubious guy on a market in Kurdistan for 100 US bucks for the plastic bag of 50. What is the result you expect?
>>
Sorry. It's a wire folder, so it must be east-German, Polish, or Romanian.
>>
>>29814744
granted, the guy in the video had particularly shitty timing because his rifle failed drastically during the imminent threat of point blank close quarters combat

but most firefights do not happen at point blank range
a soldier not firing his rifle for one minute in a typical firefight isn't going to cause casualties, and neither will clearing such a malfunction
the important thing is that he was able to rip the rifle apart within seconds, fix what's wrong, and put it back together without having to worry about missing parts or dirt in the action
>>
File: homer in despair.jpg (16 KB, 185x243) Image search: [Google]
homer in despair.jpg
16 KB, 185x243
>>29814753
fucking kek
>>
He didn't need to field strip it. He was just too stupid to figure out he needed his cleaning rod.

This is why you should have a form of bolt hold open on your AK.
>>
>>29814753
Lol good one.

Never had a bolt-action jam on me yet.
>>
>>29814999
If I'm paying 2 bucks a round I'm expecting something decent
>>
>>29814393
this
AR fanboys need to have a fucking containment board or need to be purged, they ruin civil conversations
>>
>>29813850

A brit with more balls than you.
>>
My wasr is so good it even fires 2 rounds sometimes.
>>
>>29817755
doubledubs confirms wasr master race
>>
>>29817755
holy shit
checked
>>
>>29814744
>So as long as you can field strip and clear the malfunction in a timely pace, the gun is good?

Uhhhhh
Yeah
That's exactly what makes a good gun
>>
>>29813797
There are a lot of shit tier ammo in the sandbox.

Alot of lraqi, Sudanese, Iran or Syrian made ammunition that are just absolute shit.

If that ammo was from a former com bloc, Soviet/Russia or Chinese then there would no problem.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.