[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
M60 120s used by the US?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: 120s_l1.jpg (132 KB, 1024x781) Image search: [Google]
120s_l1.jpg
132 KB, 1024x781
I was just curious if the m60 102s or any of the other more recent upgrade packages for the M60 are used by any of the US military branches.

The m60 120s is basically an upgrade kit that makes m60 comparable to the m1a1.
>>
The last M60, which was being used for vehicle training, went out of service 11 years ago.
>>
>>29811214
It's comparable because it is one.
>>
>>29811214
It's am m1's turret on an upgraded m60 hull but it wasn't a cost effective solution so no one bought it. So yeah. The most recent upgrade used by any country is probably the Turks using the sabra.
>>
>>29811245
Ok that makes sense, I was just wondering because it does not make a whole lot of sense to keep the M60 in service if we are not doing anything with them.
>>
>>29811286
They're not IN service

How are you not getting this
>>
>>29811223
This. The last M60 upgrade was the A3 TTS. The only M60s around now are in the Sierra army depot in case of extreme emergency and are slowly being scrapped alongside the last of the M48A5s
>>
>>29811214
>>
>>29813470
>>
>>29811286
They aren't in service. They're in storage in case shit goes down, but they aren't used.
>>
>>29811214
>The m60 120s is basically an upgrade kit that makes m60 comparable to the m1a1.
>m60 comparable to the m1a1.
>implying
>>
>>29813594
Eh, not that far off really. Obviously the powerpack and hull are inferior, but the turrets were almost straight lifted from original M1's, refurbished and modified to accept the 120mm.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.