[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /k/, here from /o/, please excuse lack of terminology,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
Hello /k/, here from /o/, please excuse lack of terminology, I have literal, on spectrum autistic level of obsession with cars.

I was seeing if the CZ-83 .380 would be a good buy for a first pistol and personal protection, as well as open and concealed carry.
I live in texas so it's like a free for all here.

My apartments are starting to get a little, let's say, trashy and money is low at the moment.
I'd love to spend $600 to 750 on an ugly ass Walther p99c that I adore.

Is a $200-300 CZ a good buy?
Could I find it in any military surplus store?
The gun seem great and I like how accurate it is being an "antique".
Any help will be appreciated.
>>
Nothing dramatically wrong with anything in OP. If you can, try the gun out before buying to see if the mag works flawlessly, locks in properly etc. With a short 380 reliability is really your only concern, no worries about accuracy or trigger pull. If it's new, you're in the clear, just make sure to maintain it. If it's not, maintain it anyway.
>>
File: 1445329040415.jpg (74 KB, 620x463) Image search: [Google]
1445329040415.jpg
74 KB, 620x463
>>29810767
>I have literal, on spectrum autistic level of obsession with cars.

Literally get a Kahr. The owner likes cars so he literally named his company Kahr.

And yes, they do make .380's.
>>
File: care.jpg (13 KB, 320x160) Image search: [Google]
care.jpg
13 KB, 320x160
>>29810767
>I have literal, on spectrum autistic level of obsession with cars
>My apartments are starting to get a little, let's say, trashy and money is low at the moment.
How are you short on money if you have multiple apartments?

I would look for a smaller frame if I were set on .380 but otherwise the 83 should be a solid choice.
>>
>>29810793
Thanks for that. Ill definitely keep it in mind. Gotta be careful
>>
>>29810815
I meant to say my apartment's, like my apartment complex.
>>
>>29810767
The only thing I don't like for a "first" pistol is that .380 isn't as cheap as 9mm. Hopefully, that wouldn't deter you from practicing as much you should.

I wouldn't go any smaller in the grip, either.
>>
>>29810834
Your apartment complex or the one you reside in?
Also like >>29810796 said look into Kahrs.
>>
>>29810842
Right, my heart fell for the CZ, but if need be ill get a cheap 9 mm
And yeah lots and lots of time at the range.
>>
>>29810855
The one I reside in. I'm not quite understanding the confusion.
>>
If you're going to use hollowpoints. And you get feeding issues, try using hollowpoints with a ballistic tip.
It's a little piece of soft plastic on the end of the bullet which will deform on impact. By retaining the normal shape of the bullet you should get less or no feeding issues. The police over here in dutchfagistan uses this type of ammo.
Test the difference on the range, you'll find out soon enough if you get problems with this.
>>
File: USA.jpg (207 KB, 780x933) Image search: [Google]
USA.jpg
207 KB, 780x933
>>29810882
Language barrier - what are the walls made of/is overpenetration a factor?
>>
>>29810767
You can get a cheap EAA polymer CZ copy for like 250 brand new in just about any caliber as well as slide length and frame size.
>>
I have a cz-82, same gun but in 9x18. I'll tell you now that there are better guns out there than the $400 you'll spend on a cz83. I've shot glock 42s that are really nice and concealable.

82/83 have kind of a fat grip. Grips can come loose, even with loctite, and the recoil is surprisingly snappy for such a heavy gun. After about 50-100 rounds the trigger starts to hurt my finger. I also have reliability issues with my CZ82 (probably because its surplus) to the point where I do not trust it enough to carry. Look at literally any other poly frame 380 because the 82/83 is not worth it
>>
They are great guns. I started carrying mine over my Glock 27 because I just shoot it better. I've got to be getting close to 1000 rounds of every type of ammo through it, and only have had two FTE.

There are some down sides for sure. Real surplus magazines are going to run you about fifty bucks. The market is flooded with cheap ones marked "mfg cz' on the base plate. These are shitty knock-offs that wont work. I sent one to CZ for a replacement and got a call from them that it wasn't one of theirs. They were nice enough to send it back for free.

Also, I wish it was 9mm, but having 14 .380's ready to go is good enough.

I actually like keeping my grips a little lose because the magazine with drop free that way.

I carry mine in a $25 Lucky Dog holster I got at Holsterama. I love it, and it has a thumb break.

Allan's Armory has a couple of nickle plated ones right now for $300.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.