[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>92 on ASVAB >still picked infantry JUST whohere /wrongMOS/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 41nK1RQg-jL.jpg (24 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
41nK1RQg-jL.jpg
24 KB, 500x500
>92 on ASVAB
>still picked infantry
JUST

whohere /wrongMOS/?
>>
File: 1435177523000.jpg (40 KB, 163x225) Image search: [Google]
1435177523000.jpg
40 KB, 163x225
>did good in college
>didn't feel like it's right for me
>joined the army as enlisted
>they told me I could be an officer
>didn't listen
>>
>>29810120
You poor, dumb bastard
>>
ASVAB is like a test for kintergardners

None of the jobs really correlate with ASVAB scores. I met some of the dumbest motherfuckers in my 68W and now 68C (formerly M6 ASI) and it requires a "high" GT of 109

My WLC instructors were infantry, and some of the smartest guys I've ever met.

I guess none of this will make sense to OP yet

OP you didn't fuck up infantry or medic is the only thing worth doing if you're going to enlist desu
>>
>>29810079
> 98 on ASVAB, 126 GT score
>picked 12B because fuck yeah explosives
>fucking loved it

It's the military man, you might as well do cool shit while you're in. Only problem I ever had was that the baseline score for 12B is 30 something, and you can fucking tell. Some of those poor bastards are knuckle draggers that can't do basic algebra.
>>
>>29810168
I should elaborate, basic algebra is required when doing demo calcs, so it's a bit of a necessity.
>>
>>29810145
>t. Salty PFC
>>
96 on asvab. 140gt
Usmc 0351 here
>>
>>29810120
>>29810132

>Be in college when 9/11 happens
>inspired to serve after graduation
>friend inspired to serve after graduation
>enlist into Marine infantry
>friend goes to Army OCS
>get to be mortar man, get to fight in Iraq
>friend gets to be supply officer, gets to sit in front of computers

>fast forward a few years

>complete master's degree, work for defense contractor
>old friend from college from college works at same company, with similar job

>have great and varied experiences
>friend has spent his whole life in front of a computer

I can see why someone with a degree may still want to enlist.
>>
I made a 1 on the asvab

They actually were so impressed they gave me a real special forces job
>>
>>29810079
Yup in the same boat. I kinda hate it but kinda like it at the same time. Some dumb mother fuckers in this mos though.
>>
>>29810079
Former 11B here. I was in basic and saw a alpha roster of my platoon. Almost nobody had a GT below 110. That, and most of my platoon was white. I had a GT of 124, all of my other line scores were 119 or higher.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.