[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Space Warfare
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: DonnagerTooMuchLights.png (727 KB, 1000x844) Image search: [Google]
DonnagerTooMuchLights.png
727 KB, 1000x844
Hey /k/, what did you all think of the depiction of space warfare in The Expanse? Good or bad? Personally I think the CIWS would have been supplemented by lasers and interceptor missiles but other than that seemed good to me.
>>
>>29800559
The fact that it was heavily missile based and takes great distances is always welcome compared to Star Wars/Trekshit of visual range engagements.
>>
>>29800559
>>29800568
Agreed, better than others. Space is uuuge, advanced weapons systems like that shit would probably engage at distances at the edge or beyond visual range. I liked that it wasn't PEW PEW PEW lazarz too.
>>
>>29800559
I never understood the CIWS, the flame that comes out the back of them. Is that supposed to be some kind of heat dumping?
>>
File: mouretsu solar sailer.jpg (234 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
mouretsu solar sailer.jpg
234 KB, 1920x1080
Needs more ELECTRONIC WARFARE
>>
>>29800568
Also that a single hit would seriously fuck even the largest of ships.

And that capital ships were hauling ass around at 8+ G.
>>
>>29800559
It was a nice change in pace from the usual.
>>
File: Expanse nuke torpedo.webm (2 MB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
Expanse nuke torpedo.webm
2 MB, 720x404
>>
>>29801580
The design of that sailing ship was orgasmic.

Too bad that the later episodes were snore as fuck.
>>
>>29801543
Recoilless CIWS.
>>
>>29804657
That's actually pretty smart
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.