[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pop
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 1461081779824.jpg (2 MB, 2656x1494) Image search: [Google]
1461081779824.jpg
2 MB, 2656x1494
When people get shot in the head, do they hear the sound if the bullet is supersonic? Answers different for cqc or execution?
>>
>>29796233
Go be stupid somewhere else
>>
>>29796262
This.
>>
File: image.jpg (175 KB, 800x526) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
175 KB, 800x526
>>29796233
Neurons can send signals at around 268mph

A 9x19 sent from a Glock Pistol (or any 9mm semiauto handgun) is going 680mph

You are dead before your brain can process what is going on. If you hit any part of the brain stem or surrounding structure you won't feel a thing.

Im not sure if that was your question.

I can give you a link if u want
>>
>>29796292
Forgot the 1 in front of the 680 mph
>>
why does the super sonic crack seem to come from down range? Even when shooting with a can the crack seems to come from down range. and since the bullet isnt going any faster after it leaves the barrel it must be happening at the muzzle but it doesnt sound that way.
>>
>>29796326
Fucking idiot, obviously not fucking scientific, disregarded and canned.
>>
>>29796354
Read what the good doctor has to say

https://www.quora.com/How-long-does-a-person-shot-through-the-head-remain-conscious-to-feel-the-pain
>>
So, /k/ doesn't know what the fuck it's talking about... again? Welp, i can't say I'm surprised. Should have just went to /sci/.
>>
>>29796233
New question; The army survived integration with blacks, why wouldn't it survive integration with women?
>>
>>29796382
>oh he mad
:) Have a great night friend
>>
>>29796350

You don't hear it up close because of the sound of the gun firing. The fucker is moving so fast that by the time you finish hearing the blast, the only part of the crack you hear is from down range. Also echo factors in, there is always some degree of echo.
>>
>>29796832
but im shooting with a suppressor. 9mm subs, i dont really hear that much. ya theres a thud, the action cycles, the target goes ping. the echo is a good point that i never really thought of, if i get a chance to shoot in an open field with not a tree or mound in sight i'd be curious to see what happens.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.