[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Earlier I got into an argument with a friend of mine because
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6
File: 23rf.jpg (261 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
23rf.jpg
261 KB, 1920x1080
Earlier I got into an argument with a friend of mine because he staunchly defended the right to free speech but tried to tell me that the right to bear arms is invalid and should not exist in 2016.
This person thought that it would be perfectly acceptable for the government to abolish gun rights (220 years of legislation) and confiscate weaponry from citizens.
My question /k/ is should I DROP this friend? We have known each other for over 10 years but I never would have imagined he was this much of a liberal cuck
>>
If it means that much to you then sure. I wouldn't personally, but that's because I'm not 12 years old.
>>
>>29786505
>friend
First mistake right there.
>>
>>29786505

Take it to /pol/ you stupid faggot. Sage
>>
>>29786505
Depends an the type of friend. Imo if a man ain't got my back with a gun then he ain't my nigga. Just distance yourself from him on amicable terms.
>>
>>29786529
I was trying to remove the "liberal cuck" before posting this but it was too late
seriously without using memes this was weird my friend's attitude was very disconcerting to me.
We have gotten into spirited debates/discussion before where we disagree on things but this was different.
We were talking around in circles with ridiculous hypothetical scenarios but this guy actually told me that guns should not belong to citizens, they don't have a right to even own them, and the government can own guns.
I tried explaining that removing one of the bill of rights is no easy feat and I asked if he supports free speech as well as other rights and he does but "no gunz".
Even if you asked this person if a coyote was eating their dog's face or their grandma was being raped by an armed burglar there is somehow no reason to own a gun.
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 320x318) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 320x318
>>29786539
>a post about the right to bear arms
>on a board about weapons
Nigga what
>>
File: 1449648670907.jpg (99 KB, 1202x801) Image search: [Google]
1449648670907.jpg
99 KB, 1202x801
>>29786505
If you are friends you can have different views and rip on each other all the time about them.

But if you're too assmad to think like an adult then you probably shouldn't have the guns or the right to free speech in the first place.
>>
>>29786551
>Imo if a man ain't got my back with a gun then he ain't my nigga
My nigga! would hit a lick on a trap house/10
>>
>>29786568
the irony is that neither of us own guns (yet). I just like to defend the constitution when it is being blatantly attacked by someone who has doesn't really understand it

but you seem more like a /b/ poster
this was more than a little debate gone too far this is a moral stance. and one of my best friends thought i was psycho for saying "I support someone owning a gun for reasons"
>>
>>29786505
I wouldn't drop them as a friend, i'd sway them to the glory that is firearms. But hey, each to their own.
>>
I always thought it was pretty clear that gun control is bullshit.

>the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Unless that amendment is changed, any gun control is unconstitutional.
>>
>>29786586
You're clearly a teenager so let me give you some advice for when your balls drop:

Choose your friends wisely.
>>
Ask him how he intends to keep the rest of his rights once he is relieved of the main thing that is protecting them.
>>
>>29786612
i am "clearly" 23 but thanks for playing nigger
>>29786603
this person would have the government forcefully enter your home and take your guns. and they would reimburse you for stealing your property with tax money.. that you pay to the government.
>>
>>29786505
Drop him, but gently.

Just do the common liberal thing and just stop answering his phone calls, text and e-mails, but if you run into him in the street, don't avoid him.

or you can try converting him by taking him shooting and asking what he's afraid of.

but if you feel like that's too much work and if he still maintains his stance, then drop him.

It's suprising it took you ten years to figure this out about him, but now you know he's not got your back in a fight so don't have the expectation that he will.
>>
thanks to the internet you're going to have more superficial friends/acquaintances than you can shake a stick at. now, ask yourself. is this person worth keeping up with? what do I get out of them? what do they get out of me? is it mutually beneficial or a waste of time? could I count on them for help of some sort if I needed it?

if there's more negatives than positives and you've got other friends who fill the gap then you don't need this one.
>>
File: image.jpg (142 KB, 1024x673) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
142 KB, 1024x673
What kind of friend is this person? Length of time don't really mean shit because people can and will walk in and out of your life with just the change in the wind. Would he be at the hospital if you ever got fucked up or checking up on your mom if she got sick? If he's just a joker who gives you laughs and funny stories then no he ain't worth keeping because people like that are a dime a dozen. If he is a quality friend then just try to convert him gently.
>>
>>29786622
Well my bad, you come off as a pretentious 15 year old.

Good luck making friends at the range once you actually get firearms and support your beliefs and what you are dropping all your friends over.
>>
>>29786564
He's right it belongs on /Pol/
>>
>>29786558
the powers that be have done an amazing job at keeping the general population mentally lazy, brainwashed and misinformed. there is no reasoning some folks out of it.
>>
>>29786505
>My question /k/ is should I DROP this friend?
Anon, I know people having different opinions is hard and that you crave a safe space where no different opinions are allowed, but that isn't really feasible, recoiling in horror from those who think different is not healthy.
>>
File: gun control in action.webm (3 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
gun control in action.webm
3 MB, 854x480
>>29786505
>My question /k/ is should I DROP this friend?

Yes. I am not friends with people who think that if I decide to own a particular firearm that they don't approve of that I should have government agents (ironically armed with guns themselves) take me into custody, killing me if I resist, and throwing me in a rape cage for some arbitrary amount of time. Fuck them, people who advocate victim disarmament and forcibly monopolizing gun ownership into the hands of the state does not deserve friends or frankly oxygen.

Do not listen to all of these faggots telling you "it's just a difference of opinion, man, just learn to tolerate others. XXDDDD".
>>
>>29786558
Whatever he calls himself, he's not a liberal
>>
>>29786622

23 is still too early to really grasp that you don't know shit; your friend is right there too.

My advice, drop it. If he's a good friend there's no point getting buttmad over childish beliefs he'll probably grow out of in the next decade anyway.
>>
>>29788237

This.

It's not just a difference of opinion, he is saying to your face that he is ok with you going to prison or being shot trying to defend yourself.

Imagine the reverse:

>No anon, even though I don't like that you're a SJW non-binary xe, you're a good friend.
>I do want you to go to prison for it, though.
>>
>>29786505
he should and will drop your retarded gun wielding insecure manchild ass
>>
File: Niggers.jpg (109 KB, 569x428) Image search: [Google]
Niggers.jpg
109 KB, 569x428
>>29786505

How about you stop being a faggot and realize that other people can have different opinions? That's not something to lose a friend over.
>>
>>29786653
>>29788237
>>29788350
Sage advice.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.