[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
National Rifle Association
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 10
File: Picture 6.jpg (128 KB, 892x1000) Image search: [Google]
Picture 6.jpg
128 KB, 892x1000
How many of you are in the NRA ?
>>
Fudds who think their full auto collections are god given retirement accounts. I don't trust them. Also their commercials are cringe.

Cody Wilson and the DefCad community have done more for gun rights than the NRA has in my lifetime.
>>
>>29785703
I seen on a hunting magazine they sell wine and collecting cigars. i then understood why they're called ATF.
>>
Lifetime Member. The magazine is okay, but I really only got it for the insurance and discounts. Bretty decent.

I don't buy a lot of their idea of the past, but recently they've really been pushing the "no more gun laws" period thing, which at least seems to be holding the line. The trouble is getting them to want to go further.
>>
File: IMAG0087.jpg (2 MB, 1520x2688) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0087.jpg
2 MB, 1520x2688
>>29785703
The NRA is a shitty amalgamate that must exist to hold back the tide of stupid gun control legislation. The issue with them is that they do not do a lot to get existing legislation repealed and they really don't care that much about foreign weapon imports.

If you're going to give your money to one group, give it to the 2nd Amendment Foundation. Otherwise, donate and permanent membership yourself away to a group primarily comprised of 50-60 year old men. Pic semi related, from the May issue of their magazine.
>>
>>29785777
Why won't they go further? Are they scared? They don't want to? What?
>>
>>29785799
Probably a bit of both. There's a lot of folks with money tied into owning NFA stuff.

The other side is that not forcing laws to be repealed kind of takes away the leftist narrative that they're ruining the country. Most people honestly have it pretty good, so the status quo isn't that threatening. Little victories here and there, like open carry in Texas or short barreled shotguns in Indiana, etc are their methodology. Stomp a bullshit courtcase like the people suing Lucky Gunner and now you have a strong court precedent. It's stuff like that they want to work on. Getting suppressors without a tax stamp is so far down the ladder for fudds and them, they don't even bother.
>>
>>29785799
They don't want to work themselves out of a job.
>>
I let my membership lapse. Once I get paid I'm going to rejoin along with a few other grounds like SAF.
>>
Life member
>>
>>29785703
member here, got in for the discounts and the dope gun insurance they offer. if you have more than 5 guns you really need insurance. shits free when you join.

however they do send me straight third reich propaganda all the time. a little weird
>>
Im a member.

>>29785799
they did for clinton ban.
>>
I'm a member. The magazine is alright like 30% cringy prepper ads, 40% sponsored reviews, 15% cringy politics, and 15% pretty cool historical articles. Hat is nice too.
>>
>>29786601
sounds like you signed up for the Nazi Recruitment Agency
>>
>>29785733
>Fudds who think their full auto collections are god given retirement accounts. I don't trust them
>still believing this misinformation

It's not the 80s and 90s anymore gramps
>>
>>29785786
>literally right wing brainwashing camp

I mean I think it'd be cool to send my kid there, but come on that's a bit dystopian
>>
>>29785703
I have a membership because the insurance is worth it. I donate to SAF and I'm a GOA member as well, for the lulz
>>
>>29785733
>Cody Wilson and the DefCad community have done more for gun rights than the NRA has in my lifetime.

Depends on your lifetime i guess. I would be throughly anti nra if i was an gunowner in the late 80s, i wasnt, i was however a gun owner in early 00's.

NRA, in my lifetime, has held the fucking line nationally and the NRA ILA has helped and pushed cases that were blatently unfair.

To say DD and cody has done MORE is completly disingenuous. They do different, but equal things.
>>
>>29785703
You ever consider brushing yo teef, gingivii?
>>
>>29786730
I just think it's funny that they like old Ronnie. It says a lot about the target demographic.
>>
GOA
>>
>>29785703
Life member here. Whatever some fuckfaces think, nra is the most powerful gun lobby org we have on our side
>>
Nra life and Buckeyes firearm organization.
>>
>>29787262
This
Which is why we need to up support for more groups that want to kick ass and take names. NRA wants to keep more control from popping up but are afraid of getting too pushy for fear of loosing current members or getting the liberals TOO pissed
>>
NRA ILA is the most effective gun lobbying organization we have. They have down vastly more good than 'bad' and remember: nothing and no one is perfect. And Nra is leaps and bounds contributing to keeping and expanding our rights than making us loose them
>>
>>29785703
I'm a life member. Paid $500. That's it. I don't associate with it in any real way. I just wish they'd stop calling my house.
>>
NRA endowment. Please consider just how powerful NRA is. They've taken on cases and cases of gun owners being fucked over pro bono. So what if they're trying to protect US based firearms manufacturers, that's the least of our issues. They are fighting god damn liberals tooth and nail day in and day our. Support NRA don't be foolish
>>
Honestly if you don't like the NRA and think you would make a better "anti-gun fighter" than them, then work for them. Try to make your way to the top and be the change you want to see.
>>
>>29785703
Life Member
>>
>>29787164
ew
>>
Nope, I don't think joining PACs is a good idea.
>>
>>29785703
As much as I enjoy gun rights, I hate the concept of lobbying. So I just opt out and let the other saps blow their cash.
>>
File: tumblr_ndgiz7qS291tw5cx9o1_1280.jpg (451 KB, 720x1126) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ndgiz7qS291tw5cx9o1_1280.jpg
451 KB, 720x1126
Life member. They may not be as ideologically pure as I'd like, but they're the biggest game in town. Nobody ever lost an election thanks to the JPFO.

>SAF is also good
>local organizations are also good--beware gun-grabbers at the state level

>>29785733
>Cody Wilson and the DefCad community have done more for gun rights than the NRA has in my lifetime.
>3d print an AR receiver
>3d print a single shot .380
Don't get me wrong, it's a cool idea, but it has a LONG way to go before maturity.
>>
File: tumblr_net1jmBxpn1qzf5l2o1_1280.jpg (328 KB, 1280x848) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_net1jmBxpn1qzf5l2o1_1280.jpg
328 KB, 1280x848
Anybody know anything about the Heller Foundation? They claim to be the main backers of Hollis v. Lynch, and the eponymous Heller seems pretty based: http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/washington-whispers/2013/06/05/second-amendment-hero-dick-heller-offers-searing-indictment-of-media-coverage-of-guns
>>
File: youll never guess.jpg (181 KB, 625x506) Image search: [Google]
youll never guess.jpg
181 KB, 625x506
Life Member of the NRA. Life Member of the TSRA. Life member of the 75th Ranger Regiment Association. Life Member of the 82nd Airborne Association. Life Member of the 11th Airborne Association. Life Member of the Veterans of Foreign Wars. Life Member of the Combat Infantryman's Association.

The FBI wouldn't have difficulty profiling me.
>>
>>29785799
biggest problem with the NRA is it is a bunch of Fudds who up until sandy vagina only cared about Hunting rights and sporting arms, they seem to have gotten their heads out of their ass enough to see that they can't just defend hunting
>>
File: tumblr_o63126sYYo1tfdj9uo1_1280.jpg (129 KB, 660x960) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o63126sYYo1tfdj9uo1_1280.jpg
129 KB, 660x960
>>29788927
>>29785733
And it looks like the Ghost Gunner only finishes 80% lowers (I thought it maybe started from scratch). Again, cool proof of concept, but you can do the same thing with an easy jig and a router for like $200.
>>
I checked out their website, I didnt like how they blamed "mental health" on all the so-called mass shooters.

i mean, 1 in 9 americans is currently taking psychiatric meds and 43% of americans have taken them, claiming gun violence is a mental health problem could lead to the biggest gun grab in the USA.

Claiming mass shooters are just crazy is also stupid because it makes the assumption that only a madman can kill, we have no idea what most of these men were thinking or how they viewed their targets, whats to say it wasnt the same way a soldier views an enemy?
>>
File: tumblr_n4g8sd4Uuy1rfnw5zo1_1280.jpg (905 KB, 1280x1910) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n4g8sd4Uuy1rfnw5zo1_1280.jpg
905 KB, 1280x1910
>>29789249
This is absolutely true. Dissent has often been medicalized, and Thomas Szasz was right about a whole bunch of things. The NRA also has a history of blaming mass shootings on violence in the media--GTA and so on--which I think is pretty much voodoo.

But they're still the big dogs. They're still the only organization that can get national politicians booted for opposing gun rights, and that's one of the two things we can do to advance the cause. (The other one is winning in court, and that's where the SAF comes in. And there are other organizations with electoral clout at the state level--see for instance the Colorado recalls.).

There's a lot wrong with the NRA, but you go to war with the army you have.
>>
Life member just to be a member really. Most of their politic-ing is meh, but the average person doesn't really know or care about politics so when they find out you're a member they're like "woah"
>>
1 year member here, might go for more but idk
>>
File: 1370330682073.jpg (69 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1370330682073.jpg
69 KB, 960x720
I appreciate the work they do and realize that we'd be worse off without them, but I can't really endorse them wholeheartedly because they're not quite as righteous as they are powerful.
>>
>>29785904
Forestry bruv. What do you do?
>>
>>29786672
I only read the historical articles and reviews of guns I'll never own...Except for Ruger's PRS. I'm going to pick one up in 6.5 Creedmoor soon.
>>
>>29785786
>Brought to you by the same man who signed the FOPA
>>
>>29789068

I want that shirt so fucking bad
>>
File: zimmermanthewinnerman.gif (2 MB, 389x279) Image search: [Google]
zimmermanthewinnerman.gif
2 MB, 389x279
>>29785749
>>
File: 1433045888528.jpg (360 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1433045888528.jpg
360 KB, 1920x1080
>>29789749
I couldn't have said it better
>>
>>29785786
I'd have a lot more respect for the NRA if they at least tried to be a little bit politically neutral and just focused on gun rights. Just because I like guns doesn't mean I like neocons or jesus freaks.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.