[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any actual reports on ISIS's use of armor? Are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
Are there any actual reports on ISIS's use of armor?

Are they generally incompetent like most middle eastern tankers, or are they actually doing anything with what they got?

pic related: ISIS T-55 equipped with North Korean laser range finde
>>
I don't think so, all of their armor is either Iraqi or Syrian though. They've successfully used it in several of their offensives to break fortified positions and so on, I think it's quite likely they offered to recruit captured tank crews instead of killing them and at least a few took up the offer.
>>
>>29777241

There's a video of an execution where they literally run a man over with a tank from his feet to his head slowly.

Beyond that, I know nothing of ISIS and their tanks.
>>
No

Abu Hajaar proves it
>>
File: nothing_wrong.png (166 KB, 618x600) Image search: [Google]
nothing_wrong.png
166 KB, 618x600
>>29777643
>>
>>29777241
I think this would be a terrible burden, tanks would also be massively vulnerable to SDF/Russian aviation.

I think RT did put up some videos of russians bombing the shit out of some armor depots. I bet it's a bitch to actually keep these things rolling with regards to maintenance, fuel consumption and overall logistics.
>>
>>29777241

How do you know that range finder is North Korean?
>>
>>29777623
Didn't you see that video of those sick donuts they were pulling all that one square ?
>>
>>29777643

"Abu Hajaar, cover me !"
>>
>>29778075
no
>>
File: is.webm (3 MB, 1920x962) Image search: [Google]
is.webm
3 MB, 1920x962
>>29778056
You mean this?
>>
>>29777643
They weren't on a tank though. It was a repurposed HMMWV.
>>
>>29777322

There is also a large number of ex Saddam troops fighting with ISIS, a number of their top commanders were high ranking Ba'ath party members before the invasion. It's also likely that a number of ex-Syrian soldiers are fighting with them too. That would mean they probably have at least some fighters trained in armoured warfare.
>>
>>29778723
>ex Saddam troops

How the fuck are these cunts still kicking?

Sodom literally died more than a decade ago
>>
>>29779142

The soldiers under saddam learned the skills necessary to survive.

It shouldn't be surprising they survived the chaos of the American invasion while others didn't
>>
>>29778201
I wonder if Eurobeat is halal
>>
>>29773442
>nork range finder

What? How did isis get nork shit?
>>
File: 54bd65f2253d86aa.jpg (28 KB, 599x337) Image search: [Google]
54bd65f2253d86aa.jpg
28 KB, 599x337
>>29777241
I don't know about ISIS other than that they use T-55s and T-72s, but if you want to feel sick about something, Kataib Hezbollah (Iranian backed Shia militia who blew up US soldiers during the Iraq War) regularly deploys M1 Abrams tanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XVB51Wdfac
>>
>>29781403
The way ME has been going I wouldn't be surprised that before all this ends we see US army fighting an army being supplied by CIA with Saudis invading people to impose democracy.
>>
>>29782070
Ok maybe not that last part
>>
>>29782070
Funny thing is that in the early days of the Iraq War even Assad funded AQI (they later turned into ISIS)
>>
>>29777241
There're mostly made up of second gen yuropoor sandnig neets, illiterate Algerian guttertrash, and chechens.

Do those sound like competent tankers to you?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.