[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>shooting Glock 19 with pad of index finger correctly centered
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 320x320
>shooting Glock 19 with pad of index finger correctly centered on the trigger
>tight grouping to the left of center on the target
>put more of my index finger on the trigger so that the first joint is what's contacting the trigger face
>tight grouping dead center

What am I doing wrong, /k/? I shoot much better doing what's shown in the middle of the picture but I don't want to build bad habits or training scars by putting to much of my finger on the trigger
>>
If it works it works and that's pretty much the DAO technique for a lot of people. Your hand/finger length plays into it a bit as well.

On most smaller guns I have to use my knuckle because of oranguhands.
>>
https://youtu.be/G8JX2hZR_6g

If it is unorthodox, but it works and you can keep consistent results with it, roll with it.
>>
>>29776917
>wheel of mistakes meme

it's how much pressure you're using to grip the gun. I used to have this same exact problem and it went away when I experimented with my grip.

Seriously, that pie chart is a meme and has zero use for semi autos
>>
>>29776917
This technique is too generalized, it depends entirely on the proportions of your fingers to your palm and the overall size of your hand.
>>
>>29776959
>[If] you can keep consistent results with it, roll with it.

this
>>
>>29776991
This. These charts are bullshit. It all depends on your hand size/type, finger length, the grip size and the length of pull.

Some guns I shoot better using the middle of the pad, some I shoot better on the first joint, etc...

Every hand is different and every gun is different. You just have to shoot the shit out of it and find out what works.
>>
>>29776917
I think matters more with the gun. I tend to shoot slightly left with my P226, 1911, PX4, and Cougar but shoot slightly right with my P320 and Walther P99.

I chalk it up to hammer vs. striker.
>>
>all these dipshits that think you're supposed to use the very tip of the pad
Yeeeeah, no. First joint staggered towards the pad, every time.
>>
>>29777157
>I chalk it up to hammer vs. striker.

I've shot an xd, multiple glock 19's, cz75b, my p226, 941, m9 and they all went to the left. This shit is infuriating, I just want to git gud
>>
>>29777198

MOAR
FINGER
ON
TRIGGER

Get so far up on that bitch that you can hit the mag release with the tip of your trigger finger.
>>
>>29777198
Practice. It took me a long time to get used to the feel of the P99. I'd try this: >>29777217
>>
File: pat mcnamara.jpg (420 KB, 800x583) Image search: [Google]
pat mcnamara.jpg
420 KB, 800x583
>>29777217
That's actually shitty advice.
>b-b-but patty mcnamary sed so!!1
>>
>>29777251

It's fantastic advice unless you're doing rapid fire competition shooting.
>>
>>29777251
It solved some of my issues with the P99.

What really fixed my shooting was doing the horrible off hand index finger on the front of the trigger guard. Yeah. I'm that guy.
>>
>>29777269

>What really fixed my shooting was doing the horrible off hand index finger on the front of the trigger guard. Yeah. I'm that guy.
That's not horrible, that's good.
It gives you more contact with the gun.
>>
>>29777001
It worked wonders for me.

Also a laserlyte bullet or similar device will make dry firing infinitely more productive.
>>
>>29777274
Not everyone seems to approve of it. Not that I care. Works for me and that's all I care about.
>>
>>29776946
This

>>29776917
That "rule" is one of those things that get parrotted around until everyone believes it, like Ruger is stronger than Smith, stop worrying about it and try out different depths, use the one that works. Larger hands / smaller guns = more finger on trigger.
>>
Try pulling the trigger with your middle finger.
>>
What is more important is pulling the trigger using the finger independent from the rest of your hand. Imparting any pressure on the gun from your hand is what throws shots.
>>
I dry fire and pay attention to what the fun does as the trigger breaks. I found on some that what feels like pulling straight back causes more deflection than pulling slightly in the direction my finger is pointing.
>>29777005 has it. Just fuck around and find what works.
>>
>>29776917
in the army, they taught us to pull the trigger with that middle method, and it worked fine.
>>
>>29778121
This, a consistent and straight-back press needs to happen regardless of what part of your finger you use.
>>
File: 1453141322052.jpg (49 KB, 662x625) Image search: [Google]
1453141322052.jpg
49 KB, 662x625
>>29778737
from the bottom of my god fearing heart, thank you for your service, hero.
>>
>>29777521
I was chatting to one of the instructors at my range about this yesterday. He said it was bad for when you want to draw and fire as any mistakes in the grip will be more pronounced as it's further forward on the gun (I guess further from the pivot so more moment).

Instead of doing that I changed my grip of my second hand to be much further around and locked into my primary hand's kuckles. Worked well for me on a USP-C that I'm still learning my way around.
>>
>>29778121
This is impossible. There is sympathetic movement of the other fingers. Put your fingers like you're shooting. Move your trigger finger back. Your other fingers will move as well. This is just how things are unless you sever your tendons. Train around this.
>>
>>29776917
I have super long fingers and use the pad between the first and second joints
>>
As long as you are consistent and it is a position you can easily get your hand and finger into it shouldn't matter. You see all the best shooters in the world doing little things with their elbows, stance, and fingers differently.

I very recently started doing the first knuckle thing with my M&P40 and it immediately centered my groups. I do not need to do it for my Glocks or Sigs.
>>
Protip if it works for YOU then that's how it works for YOU
>>
>>29781724
I practice for hours with my carry pistol to make sure I can draw it the same way each time. This means hours with snap caps and hours of practice at the range.
>>
>>29777198
You are not pulling the trigger correctly. As you squeeze you are pushing the gun to the left with your trigger finger. Work on pulling straight back or maybe even back and to the right to compensate.
>>
>>29776917
curling your wrist on the end of the pull
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.