[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Transporting firearms from Canada into U.S.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: SVT-40_-_Ryssland_-_AM.032865.jpg (63 KB, 800x400) Image search: [Google]
SVT-40_-_Ryssland_-_AM.032865.jpg
63 KB, 800x400
Alright /k/, I got a big question for you because I couldn't find the answer I need through google. I have a couple of friends who have a dual canadian/american citizenship. Would they be able to buy an SVT 40 for me, bring it into the states as their own firearm, then sell it to me here in America? I don't know the process involved when carrying guns with you across the border. Is this considered an "import" targeted by the import ban? Or would it be considered a private sale? I want that cheapie SVT real bad
>>
In order to import a firearm you need to either have a hunting permit or be attending a competition, and you have to fill out a bunch of forms. On your way back in to Canada they check that you're returning with the same guns.
>>
>>29762096
Shit. Even if it's been a year or two? They live in the states.I read that the hunting license isn't required anymore
>>
>>29762048
The long story short is no, anon-san. The assholes liberals thought of this.

Now, they could just happen to have a tragic boating accident while fishing for some great American Bass...
>>
>>29762048
Short answer is no.
>>
>>29762152
Fuck. They're americans too, though. Would this mean that they could never return to Canada without the SVT? Couldn't they just say, "I'm an American as well as a Canadian, it's my right to sell my rifle to whoever I so choose."
>>
>>29762048
>buy an SVT 40 for me, bring it into the states as their own firearm
you can't cross the border with a firearm you stupid fuck
>>
>>29762249
Apparently you can though, from what I've read
>>
>>29762048
if only it were that easy....
>>
>>29762048

If it were even remotely possible we'd all be buying $300 SVT-40's
>>
File: 1364524323245.jpg (10 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
1364524323245.jpg
10 KB, 184x184
>>29762154
>>29762270
>>29762291

I hate Obama.
>>
>>29762291
Damn right, i want $300 svt 40
>>
>>29762291
>>29762927
They'relike 4-500$ now
>>
>>29762927
They're starting to become hard to find unless you buy them used. SKSs are the cheap right now.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.