[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the most common caliber used in Australia? Hypothetically
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: 101_1025.jpg (205 KB, 1200x767) Image search: [Google]
101_1025.jpg
205 KB, 1200x767
What is the most common caliber used in Australia?

Hypothetically if SHTF what would be the easiest ammunition to find and get?

Also, in your opinion what is the most reasonable caliber for the money + accessibility?
>>
>>29755330
.22LR or .303.

Bear in mind that this is Australia and we are absolutely cucked.

My uncle who lives in rural Victoria owned about a dozen guns back in the day, now officially only has one. Rumour has it that he still has an L1A1 but I doubt it because that would mean prison time.
>>
>>29755352
Is .223/5.56 not common there?
>>
>>29755352

Really? Not many people I know have 303. A lot have 308.
>>
Commonest probably 12gauge or .22LR as every farmer still has at least one or both.
Centrefire rifle probably .308Win or maybe .243 as allpurpose hunting etc guns, .303 rifles are common but factory ammo isn't any more.
A lot of .30-30s as cheap multishot pig guns,
>>
>>29755372
5.56 is basically non-existent here.

>>29755380
Yeah, you're actually right. .308 is more common.
>>
>>29755409
Any reason 5.56 is non existent? Do people not use .223?

I heard there was a straight pull rifle in Australia by Warwick Arms that makes an kind of AR looking rifle that uses .223
>>
>>29755447
This?

.223 exists in Australia, it just isn't as readily available as .22LR or 12g.

And yes, that price tag is correct. I believe they make all their guns from scratch.
>>
File: 20160229_153158-1.jpg (3 MB, 3090x1234) Image search: [Google]
20160229_153158-1.jpg
3 MB, 3090x1234
>>29755409
Nah, .223 is reasonably common, its kinda replacing .222 .22Hornet .22-250 etc older small-sized fox/rabbit rifles, filling in for below .243 for dogs/hog deer/roos where legal.
Plus 7615 Tacticool is also a thing now and waiting for my WFA-1
>>
>>29755510
I heard those WFA1's are hard to keep sight on target due to the straight pull. Especially if you're trying to fire reasonably faster.
>>
>>29755573
Depends if you try to use it like a boltaction and take rear hand off the grip will lose time reacquiring grip, prefer to use front hand and 'IA drill' slap it with it still pulled into shoulder
>>
bullets
>>
What type of guns do Australians typically own?

What would they even use in a 'shtf' situation?
>>
anyone know what store that "Steve Lee" guy works in by the way? He said a while back he's been working in a gun shop.
>>
>>29755891
Bolt action .22s, break action 12 gauge (most common I see is U/O) and either .243/.270/.308 bolt action/pump action. Surprisingly I see a lot of 30-30 lever actions
>>
>>29755952
And I forgot to get to the second part. If there was a true SHTF situation most Aussies would dig up their buried SKS', L1A1's and pump action shotties.
>>
Right lads
I'm moving to Australia soon, Queensland, from Bongistan.

What do I buy when I get there
>>
>>29755976
>Bongistan

?
>>
>>29755993
B R I T A I N
>>
>>29755976
I think you have to wait a while before you can even apply for a license because you'd have just moved here. Then once you can apply, it will take a few months to be confirmed, then you wait a few weeks after being confirmed before you can buy one gun.

Have you read much into the laws and storage requirements?
>>
>>29755891
In a SHTF?
A shovel and maybe a hacksaw. After 20 years in the dirt, those pvc endcaps can get rather stuck on.
>there were more SKS&SKKs imported pre96 than all the types of rifles handed back, so there's a lot of SLRs, AR15s, Mini14s plus the Norinco toys etc still out there somewhere.
>>
>>29755330
Went shooting for first time a while ago and converting to hasguns in a week. Buying a CZ452.

Any of you fella's have tips for new guns/working bolts? I have a hard time working the bolt with the gun in my shoulder. It may just be nerves because I focus so hard on not being a fuckup at the range/LGS that I get a tad jittery.

Also how to stop fucking flinching every time somebody else fires? I have earpro so it's not the noise, it's just unexpected.
>>
>>29755330
7.62x39 can be had in large quantities for cheap. Lots of people handed in their sks and kept the ammo. I have an AIA m10A1 and youd be surprised how many people in rural areas still have a case or two of x39 that they will sell cheaper than any other centrefire ammo you will find by a long shot.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.