[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, the Croats have this recoilless anti-materiel rifle using
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: rt20_1[1].jpg (34 KB, 400x303) Image search: [Google]
rt20_1[1].jpg
34 KB, 400x303
So, the Croats have this recoilless anti-materiel rifle using a venturi tube.

Why the fuck don't they make an infantry rifle like this? Imagine 308 with the recoil of 9mm.

If you have to use it in tight quarters, just close the junction and use it like a regular rifle.
>>
>>29753922
1. too large and heavy
2. recoil isn't that big of a burden
>>
>screeching
>>
>>29753934
>"recoil isn't that big of a burden"
>what are follow up shots
>what are lmgs
>what are "9mm vs 40" threads
>what are "223 vs Grendel vs 308" threads
>>
>>29754002
>what is military training to deal with that issue
>>
>get in the shit
>have to yell BACKBLAST CLEAR before every time you fire
it also looks like a fucking pain to shoulder from a standing or near standing position
>>
>>29753934
>>29754266
>retinal detachment is not recoil-induced.
>/k/ a magical place
>>
>>29754578
Please explain to an Infantry vet what "retinal detachment" is. That's the largest crock of fucking shit I have ever heard.
>>
>>29754597
your retina and cornea detach.
this is very very bad, worse than a BCG snapping.
one of the main causes is sustained hard shocks, aka heavy recoil.
>>
>>29754608
Never heard of an infantry guy claim that disability.

I'd think tankers, arty, or even helicopter pilots would experience that before we did from rifle recoil.
>>
>>29754626
it is common on tankers, arty guys, and lmg gunners or turret guys.
it can happen and is real, but its not gonna happen from M4/M16 fire.
it would happen from constantly firing something .308 or higher.
>>
>>29753922
Expense primarily. Also, there is a thing know as "too accurate fire"
>>
>>29754626
It can happen when you shoot big calibers (ie .50 bmg) with rifles without good recoil compensation, like the Hecate 2. From what I heard, the number of shot per day with this weapon during training is limited because of this issue.
>>
>>29754819
maybe that is a concern with big bore ammo, but its a non-issue for small arms.
>also the reason they limit shots on the 50 rifles is due to the concussive force.
>with a suppressor or comp that doesnt dorect the blast at the shooter the shots are not limited
>>
>>29753922
Wait a second, that gun.
>>
Problem with this design is it needs a long barrel to give clearance for the muzzle brake. Weight, dimension then become similar to M95 so extra recoil damping from venturi is unnecessary.

Solution: go to 14.5 or cut the end off the barrel altogether and use a expansion chamber instead.
>>
>>29754578
>retinal detachment
>>29753922
>308

Pull the other one faget.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.