[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CIA Special Operations Wants You!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6
File: 1374028343097.jpg (64 KB, 460x566) Image search: [Google]
1374028343097.jpg
64 KB, 460x566
Why haven't you applied yet /k/?

https://www.cia.gov/careers/opportunities/clandestine/paramilitary-operations-officer-specialized-skills-officer.html

Paramilitary Operations Officer/Specialized Skills Officer

>Paramilitary Operations Officer/Specialized Skills Officer

>Work Schedule: Full Time
Salary: $59,689 – $82,840
>Location: Washington, DC metropolitan area
>The Clandestine Service is looking for U.S. citizen candidates to fill Paramilitary Operations Officer and Specialized Skills Officer positions. Paramilitary Operations Officers and Specialized Skills Officers serve both at our Headquarters in Washington DC and overseas. Qualified candidates can expect to focus on intelligence operations and activities for U.S. policymakers in hazardous and austere overseas environments. Paramilitary Operations Officer candidates are normally trained in the Clandestine Service Trainee (CST) Program. Specialized Skills Officers conduct and/or directly support CIA operations leveraging their media, technical and/or military experience including aviation, maritime or psychological warfare skills.

>Minimum requirements for Paramilitary Operations Officers include a bachelor's degree, military special operations or combat arms experience (ground, air or maritime), as well as combat leadership experience. Previous foreign travel and foreign language proficiency is highly valued. >For Specialized Skills Officers, minimum requirements also include a bachelor's degree. A background in aviation, maritime, military psychological warfare and/or information operations, as well as communications, business and counterintelligence are preferred. The 35-year maximum age requirement can be waived on a case-by-case basis.

>ALL POSITIONS REQUIRE RELOCATION TO THE WASHINGTON DC METROPOLITAN AREA.

>All applicants must successfully complete a thorough medical and psychological exam, a polygraph interview and an extensive background investigation. US citizenship is required.
>>
>>29745818

>To be considered suitable for Agency employment, applicants must generally not have used illegal drugs within the last twelve months. The issue of illegal drug use prior to twelve months ago is carefully evaluated during the medical and security processing.

>Important Notice: Knowledge by non-Agency personnel of your association with the Central Intelligence Agency or the Intelligence Community may limit your ability to perform or preclude you from certain assignments. NCS applicants should therefore endeavor to protect the fact that they have applied and/or are thinking of applying to the NCS. We urge your discretion throughout the entire hiring process to ensure maximum flexibility for your potential NCS career. Further guidance will be provided as competitive applicants move through the hiring steps.
>>
I certainly hope no one applies with a resume and questionnaire answers full of /k/ and /pol/ memes and screenshots it then posts results later.

That would be awful.
>>
>>29745818
But they want people with real special operations experience, not autists who walk sit in their basement surrounded by guns and plate carriers
>>
File: 1460638028085.gif (494 KB, 387x305) Image search: [Google]
1460638028085.gif
494 KB, 387x305
>>29745906
>implying nightly shitposting and effective memeing at peak yuro hours isn't more stressful, impressive and challenging than a SOCOM operation
>>
File: SPAINE.png (717 KB, 577x1177) Image search: [Google]
SPAINE.png
717 KB, 577x1177
>>29745818
Payment could be better
>>
>>29746073
You make most of your money from smuggling drugs into the US.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allegations_of_CIA_drug_trafficking
>>
>>29746073
>she was a big girl
>she was very brave
Oh goddam it this is awful lol
>>
>>29745825
>>Important Notice: Knowledge by non-Agency personnel of your association with the Central Intelligence Agency or the Intelligence Community may limit your ability to perform or preclude you from certain assignments.

Security clearance here. So then why do they interview friends and neighbors to do background checks? Including the town drunk who lives across the street. So now my status is known pretty much by everyone.

Morons.
>>
>>29747395
The CIA does not do friend/neighbor checks and if they do they tell them you are applying for some other miscellaenous domestic agency or corporation.

My neighbor is CIA and when they interviewed me they said he was applying for FBI.
>>
>>29747422

yea because the people who you wouldn't want knowing you are a CIA agent would be totally cool if you were just an FBI agent...
>>
>>29747496
Im just telling you the way it is friendo.

Not if I agree with it or think its smart.

The two are very different animals however and its safer to say you work for X company or X agency than say "I work for a covert agency doing covert shit overseas and am a huge liability if people know what I am up to"
>>
>>29747422
Dr anon, I'm neighbor CIA
>>
File: 1455653877771.jpg (184 KB, 679x960) Image search: [Google]
1455653877771.jpg
184 KB, 679x960
>>29745818
>implying paramilitary operations officers ever spend time in Washington
>mfw
Super slick cover guys!!

Where's the application for the Wet Team? I'm fucking unstoppable on CoD m8.
>>
>>29747422
>The CIA does not do friend/neighbor checks and if they do

So, do they or don't they?

I never said what my clearance was for. Or who did the check. But drunk neighbor just assumed some shit and now there are half a dozen stories floating around town. Really, that's more funny than anything else. But foreign intelligence is pretty good at following up on half rumors and figuring out what people actually do.
>>
>>29747422
>My neighbor is CIA and when they interviewed me they said he was applying for FBI.

And you know he's CIA how?
>>
>>29748393
he probably saw the guy shoot someone before throwing him off a plane
>>
>>29747581
>implying paramilitary operations officers ever spend time in Washington

There's a story (true or not?) that they have a sign in the CIA museum gift shop warning NOC agents not to use their credit cards when purchasing items.
>>
>>29748420
kek
>>
I'm 23, work over seas in a technical role, have to get the indigenous population to complete work competently. I do not have any combat experience. I did get my advanced scuba certs from a navy seal that basically just put a bag over my head and beat me up underwater. Should I give up any ideas of becoming an operator?
>>
File: 1458248767116.png (68 KB, 239x233) Image search: [Google]
1458248767116.png
68 KB, 239x233
>>29745818
Why is Vegan Gains on the CIA's website?
>>
>>29745861

the result would be they ignore you
>>
>>29748393
Because he told me when we were at a bar and when he was applying to various jobs

He paid me off not to tell the interviewer.
>>
>>29748594
Do you have any friends you've worked with who have gone on to bigger things in the military/intelligence?

Call in your favors, do your Intel.
>>
I'm going to enlist in a year (I'll be 22 then). I plan on going 35m, then trying to become as good as I can at both intel and combat arms. My goal is to get into ISA. After that Paramilitary Operations Officer would be fun.

One foot in front of the other.
>>
>less money than I make now to do shady shitty things that I'll never be able to tell anyone about
Pass.
>>
>>29751897
good luck on getting 35M, that's what i was going for but it doesn't come up often anymore. its severely overmanned. try in October
>>
>>29752079

Thank you for the advice.
>>
>>29752106
here's some more advice. go in to recruiters office and have him schedule your ASVAB and DLAB together. this is important, because you can't do both the same day, and DLAB is only given a couple times a month. they won't even talk to you about 35M unless you've done DLAB. again, good luck. try going 35M to 35L after you're an E-4, you can go to any agencies you want after you get a degree
>>
Goddamm I've always wanted to work for the CIA
>>
>>29752166

how about not and let these fuckers not fulfill their shitty paying hiring quotas. ruby developers make more than this out of developer boot camps. anyone making under 90k a year is a fucking idiot.
>>
>>29752361
>hey guys, every nigger that can code makes $90k/year
post your timestamped paystub faggot. hugely oversaturated industry, outsourced to foreigners for pennies on the dollar
>>
>>29752166

Cool. I never took any languages in High School, but I was never really motivated. I've been using Duo Lingo to teach myself German lately and I seem to be taking it to it fairly well.

I also am trying to write papers for military journals (War on the Rocks, Small Wars Journal) in my free time (this is kind of a passion for me), so I'm hoping I can use it so show I have an aptitude for it
>>
>>29752728
its the ability to learn a language, not actually knowing a language. practice basic grammar and english
>>
>>29745818
That pay is a fucking joke. That's like entry level in my field.
>>
>>29754901
>not wanting to call it in
>not wanting to filing flight plans with the agency
>>
>>29754901
how much do jihadists get paid nowadays, faggot
>>
>>29752728
35M is massively overstaffed. it is also moving to language dependent. taking the dlab and doing well on it means nothing. if you're struggling with german, you're gonna have a rough time at DLI.

Protip about mikes - 90% of the time you are an expensive gardener for the army - you don't do your job except in war time, and only the higher ranked NCOs/option 40 75th RGT guys get to go to the cool schools and do cool things.
>>
File: Peon_face_WC3.jpg (21 KB, 154x158) Image search: [Google]
Peon_face_WC3.jpg
21 KB, 154x158
>>29745818
I'm from Austria and I'm first class in the art of memetic warfare and a graduate from Academia Shitpostia, can I join?
>>
>>29747309

Baneposting helped raise money for that girl's funeral.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.