[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ear Pro
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7
File: oc-tac-ear-pro-cov-1.jpg (98 KB, 850x567) Image search: [Google]
oc-tac-ear-pro-cov-1.jpg
98 KB, 850x567
What are you guys wearing and what can you recommend?
>>
Those earplugs with the plastic band thing holding them in, those are good
>>
>>29742902
Howard Leight Electric Muffs for Operatin (they will fit under a MICH)

and these huge bitches for range time (cheap and work well)
http://amzn.com/B00NKSMPZW

also have a couple pairs of the 2 sided "combat" plugs I was issued and some surefire ones as well... sometimes I double up and keep a couple in the auto as well.
>>
>>29742902
For my own private personal use, I like the MSR Sordin with gel cups, but if you need to buy multiple sets then get peltor sport tacticals with gel cups.
>>
>>29742938
Would I get away with the Howard Leights for range time?

>>29742950
I only heard good things about the MSR Sordins, but they are quite expensive.
I should have said, that I´m looking for my first pair and cant deceide between electronic ones or just normal ones while I save up for Peltors or Sordins.
>>
Which ones can you recommend for usage with a helmet?
Aka low profile head band.
>>
>>29742930
hickok pls go
>>
>>29743025
This is what I would want to know too.
Are the PASGT helmets tighter than the modern variants? Unlike the ones we got in the army, I cant seem to keep even basic slim muffs underneath PASGT helmet.
>>
>>29743640
PASGT helmets have totally different suspension. The headband that circles the whole interior will interfer with earmuffs. Modern ACHs just have Velcro sided pads inside, and it's easier to move or remove some of those pads to make a channel for earmuffs to fit in.
>>
This may be a retarded question but any suggestions on ear pro to wear under a boonie?
>>
>>29743675
Try taking the cover of the headband off and wrap it with tape if you run comms.
>>
>>29743704
I'm guessing under rather than over the boonie?
>>
I like the rubber ones that are held together by a cord. I find them to be the most convenient. You can let them dangle around your neck or loop them through the back opening of a baseball cap. They're the best for SHTF use, because you don't have to keep a big bulky headset on you and they can be put on quickly. Electronics are good too, but batteries die and technology is not always reliable.
>>
>>29743675
Get the kind I described>>29743743
And loop them through the leaf webbing around the brim.

Pic related, or the kind that Hickok wears. Always better to get them in natural colors so they blend good.
>>
>>29743735
Yes.
>>
>>29742902
I've got the Impact modular hearing platform system.
>Comes with tactical comm input for comm ops communication device.
>Slim down size to accommodate tactical helmets during ops.
>Crytek tactical freedom camo head protector or optional DeltaSEALRanger clips for mounting on the aforementioned tactical helmet.
>Side-mounted Spartan Liberty listening enhancement to engage enemies who do not practice Quiet-Sec.
>Tactical volume adjustment located on trigger-hand side for field accessibility.

If you're not using this, you're not an operator on /k/.
>>
>>29743014
Regardless of which brand you get, get gel cups.

Gel cups for the win.

I'd say at least go for a Peltor Sport Tac set, they are mid tier and can be upgraded with gel cups but if you do get the Howard Leights you can always keep them as loaners to guest shooters but I think there is no upgrade kit for the Howard Leight sport. headset.

Me, comfort and quality is important for muffs, might as well spend more for the premium model and buy once instead of buy two or three cheap models trying to find one that fits me.

As for the MSR Soradins, they are indeed nice and expensive, but cheaper than a set of peltor comtac III's which everyone wants because operators use them, even if you don't have comms, which can be 500 to 600 dollars...and not worth it to me unless I did set up a sorta of militia with my shooting buddies and we all use comms.

Just for pure shooting and hearing protection, it's an expensive capability that you pay for and may or may not end up not using.
>>
>>29743076
Not him, while I'll admit I bought my first pair of those because of Hickok, they are functional, but I prefer using those for yard work when mowing the lawn or using power tools...when shooting some times the band interfere with getting a nice cheek weld or makes noise when rubs against he back of your neck.
>>
>>29743798
B A I T

A

I

T
>>
>>29743675
Well, for plugs I suggest surefire EP5's or EP10's with the solid cores instead of the noise filters, that's my preference and for some weird reason Surefire discontinued the EP10's for a year and then brought them back and then discontinued them again.

Then there are these, which fit around your neck instead of banding around the top of your skull.

http://www.opticsplanet.com/peltor-tactical-hearing-protectors.html
>>
File: 800px-ArcherS6E4PPK1.jpg (105 KB, 800x451) Image search: [Google]
800px-ArcherS6E4PPK1.jpg
105 KB, 800x451
>>29743798
I can not stress this enough. You do not want tinnitus!
>>
>>29743798
Reported.

Because if someone actually believes your shit, that someone will have actually get hurt and it might be permanent.

We /k/ommando's actually /k/are about human life, health and quality of living.
>>
>>29743872
Thanks! I´m not really interested in comms. The Sport Tacs seem very popular and would likely be the option I would save up for if I dont go for the Howard Leights. Otherwise I´d go for the Sordin Supreme Pro-X.

Do you think electronic ones in general are worth it?
>>
>>29743798
>real gun owners don't use hearing protection.
Every gun owner I've ever know used earpro, even the fudds. The only exception I think are bubba's and good-old-boys and if you think they're "real gun owners" then I guess that's just your opinion man.
>>
>>29743743
You know that when the batteries die on electronic ear pro they still function as standard ear pro, right?
>>
File: 228593.png (54 KB, 608x336) Image search: [Google]
228593.png
54 KB, 608x336
>>29743987
>If you keep going it stops though
>>
File: file_34_18.jpg (9 KB, 283x247) Image search: [Google]
file_34_18.jpg
9 KB, 283x247
I use Peltor Bullseye. Had the same model during my military service. Now, use them indoor for handgun and rifle shooting. No problems.
>>
>>29742938
i have howard leights, peltors, and caldwells

the caldwells died after a day of training in light rain, but had a single control for both muffs and a 1/4 input for comms

the peltors have an indivdual control on each side that easily get bumped into the on position and even when turned off they seem to drain batteries and there arent any inputs.

the leights have a single control that cant be bumped and a 1/4 input jack. They also feel more substantial and better made than the others, definitely heavier and the wire that goes between the muffs is thicker

havent tried the sordins yet

all 3 sets were around the $70 price range in a store.

tldr...buy the leights
>>
>>29744187
Do you use the Leights solo or do you double up with foam plugs when shooting inside etc?
>>
>>29744242
i double up when Im just at the range plinking or solo training.

Ill turn the muffs way up and listen to music, ham channels, talk radio, service over the plugs.

when Im qualing or training for work related stuff I only wear the muffs though
>>
>>29742902
the howard leights on the far right

of course they hit the buttstock on rifles
>>
File: brake2 - Copy.jpg (898 KB, 2299x2364) Image search: [Google]
brake2 - Copy.jpg
898 KB, 2299x2364
>>29743987
faggots git out

they are the minority, just a very flagrant one
>>
>>29744242
I should clarify thay its not because I think the leights dont do a god job or that they dont cancel enough noise, but because my ears are really sensitive to loud noises
>>
>>29744187
how do you deal with bumping the rifle stock on them?
>>
>>29742902
I use earplugs. No need for a fancy acoustic earmuff
>>
>>29743987
https://youtu.be/JZWNNehovgw?t=374
post the original link you fuck
>>
>>29742902
Surefire EP7s (and some older models I haven't replaced yet) for in ear and Howard Leigh Impacts for electric muffs.
>>
>>29744315
Would you have to double up with the other ones (MSA, Peltor) too? If not I´m probably saving up for one of them.
Thanks everyone helping!
>>
File: screenshot-2014-05-01-22-19-49.png (46 KB, 684x172) Image search: [Google]
screenshot-2014-05-01-22-19-49.png
46 KB, 684x172
MSA Sordins supreme pro-x's
>>29744609
if youre shooting indoors you probably should.
personally I've been shooting for 4 years with my MSA's and have never worn plugs underneath.
>>
>>29744629
As far as I know they have the same SNR rating as the Leights.
>>
>>29744013
Don't poke holes in a Luddites worldview. They hate that and it angers them.
>>
I use the Peltor Tactical 6S. I've also got a pair of the Howard Leight Impact Sports, but I prefer the Peltors, they're more comfortable for extended wear.

They do eat up batteries though.
>>
>>29743658
I got PASGT with modern ACH / MICH style padding, no headband, and I still can't fit even the basic stuff underneath.
>>
Are there any safety goggles that can be worn with earpro comfortably without the earmuffs clamping the fuck down on the glasses limbs?
>>
>>29747908

ESS suppressors. I love mine and are very comfortable.

http://www.esseyepro.com/Suppressor_212_category.html
>>
>>29747997
Damn they're kind of expensive.
What color should you get?
Why do they come in "copper?"
>>
>>29748082

If you look online you might find a discount code. I bought them over a year ago for about $75 with a discount code I found online, something like 20% off. I got smoke and clear.
>>
>>29744609
I'd say double up when at indoor ranges in case your seal is broken.

If your at the range for a while and your sweating and adjusting your hat, glasses or you bumb them on the stock, or you are doing a crazy magpul run, your muffs might shift or slip and allow loud noise in on accident. Plug back ups are there for you, but sometimes the reverb in indoor pistol ranges are worse, than being near a cannon and even out doors, if your shooting magnum rifle rounds or anti tank or elephant hunting calibers.
>>
I've used plugs or muffs from the shop for years.

Have a pair of Howard Leights ordered that should be here by the weekend. For $40 I figured they should be worth it.
>>
>>29744346
I have a fat face?

I really havent had or noticed that problem yet.
>>
Just lol at you cucks posting 19db weak shit.

37 or nothing

>http://www.amazon.com/Browning-12699-Hearing-Protector-HDR/dp/B005ERRM4G
>>
>>29742902
Howard Leight Impact Sports. They're okay but it's hard to get a good seal, especially if you're wearing a hat.

If I'm at the range by myself and don't have to interact with other people I wear foam earplugs I steal from work.
>>
>>29749868
Those look obnoxiously big
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.