[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /k/ I want cheaper ammo for going to the range. After looking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: shit.jpg (89 KB, 1154x1154) Image search: [Google]
shit.jpg
89 KB, 1154x1154
Hey /k/
I want cheaper ammo for going to the range.
After looking around, the only thing as cheap as Tulammo is remanufactured ammo. Is that worth it?
Thanks senpai
>>
Get wolf if you can. People bitch about Tula but it has worked for me.
>>
>>29740582
just remember anything is better than reman.

and if you dont see where you hit on your target, or get any kind of malfunction or even a weird feeling shot, to visually inspect your barrel and make sure you can see thru it, before continuing to fire.
>>
>>29740582

Tula is shit, Barnaul (wolf,bear,monarch) is much better.

Vympel is the best.
>>
>>29740613
so is getting cheaper ammo even worth it?
and what should I load if I cc?
>>
>>29740636
>and what should I load if I cc?
The nastiest most expanding fuck-you loads possible. CCing is for life and death situations.
>>
>>29740636

What caliber are you gonna carry? Any name brand hollowpoint (from Federal, Speer, Hornady) is generally a good idea.
>>
>>29740636
if you are willing to deal with the occasional jam
tula is fine
if 99% reliability is what you want then brass
>>
>>29740582
buy a few boxes and find out
>>
>>29740636
The most badass hollow points you can find. Don't fall for the rip meme though
>>
>>29740636
if you dont reload, then why the fuck not? It wont give you a true 'reliability' rating for your gun, but if it never malfunctions with it, then you set. NEVER buy reman or reloaded ammo. There is absolutely no reason to void your warranty, when steelcase is literally cheaper.

As for CC, if you carry 9mm or bigger, get Federal HST in 124gr, 180gr, or 230gr non-'+p'
>>
I usually use monarch steel cased ammo when Im going gecko45 at the range. I use it because Ive had more FTFs with monarch than any other slav steel shit.

When Im training, I want to induce as much failure as possible. Quality ammo is too reliable.

Again though, this is only for the mall ninja range days.
>>
>>29740669
Had jams on federal, rem, pefecta, winchester
None on tula
>>
>>29740636
Yes. You don't need to tier ammo just to shoot it into the dirt and/or shoot cans...
>>
>>29740582
Yes, if your range allows it.
A lot of people believe that Tula is harder on your barrel. That being said, the amount of money you save buying Tula/wolf will more than compensate for the increased wear on your gun.
>>
>>29740582
it's good for plinking, dogshit for trying to zero a scope at 100 yards.
>>
>>29740582
Quit being a cheap ass.
>>
>>29740636
A lawyer recommended to always use factory new ammo for your carry gun. They also suggested to write the date of purchase on the box, keep the receipt, and leaving several rounds in said box. Supposedly this can help in your defense if you wind up having to shoot someone and it goes to trial for any reason. The thought process is twofold. Helps with any ballistics testing/reproduction and prevents the prosecutor from saying you cooked up some "super murder rounds" because of your morbid obsession with killing someone.
>>
>>29742716
That lawyer was retarded. A real prosecutor (which there wouldn't be unless you really fuck something up) would never speculate about evidence like that without knowing. And in what situation would it help you to provide ballistic data to investigators?
>>
>>29741467
Dude, something is probably wrong with your gun
>>
Even cheap ammo has a company to back up any fuckups

With reloads you are on your own legally.
>>
>>29742767
Let me see if I can find the information instead of recreating it from my jumbled memory. He's the guy that wrote authored the Weapons and Self Defense Law here in Missouri, so I tend to trust his opinion and experience.
>>
>>29740582
NO

Reman ammo is shit. Total garbage. It's so garbage that some companies like Freedom Munitions are starting to mask that their "new" stuff is reman and sanitize their websites. Sorry pal, new ammo doesn't use 3 kinds of common range brass.

Also, you'll shoot better and enjoy range time better using decent ammo. Stop mag dumping like a fucktard and practice instead.

Good range ammo isn't much more than shit ammo. My 9mm gets fed 124gr Winchester NATO (1140fps), 124gr Geco (1181fps), and 124gr Fiocchi (1180fps). I never pay more than $15 a box/50 retail, and have ordered them online as low as $12 a box/50 including shipping.

If you're buying locally, shop around. A friend of mine has a .380 and was paying the local Gander Mountain $22/box of range ammo because he didn't drive 3 miles to the local Cabelas where they have the same ammo for $16/box. Expect to keep shooting in the future? Save up, wait for an online deal, google coupons, and buy in bulk. This past winter I bought 1000 rounds of high-polish, super consistent, loaded-to-pressure, Swiss-made 9mm Geco for under $220 shipped. That's cheaper than Blazer is most places, and to me it's worth it -- my gun is cleaner and my groups are ~40% tighter

>see ballistics101.com before someone posts that shitty ammo infographic

Reminder: http://ammoseek.com/
>>
>>29742767
>>29742824
I couldn't find exactly what I was looking for, but I'll see if I can find one of his talks after I get off work.
>>
File: index.jpg (10 KB, 267x189) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
10 KB, 267x189
>>29740636

Ripper Rounds, if the nigger sees those badass shells, hes gonna run.

Youll have to use them in a revolving tho.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.